How is Age of Conan?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 10

Default How is Age of Conan?

i heard community was terrible... but the company has been trying to get old players back, but idk how successful they were... but i heard gameplay was superb... so yeah... just wanna know if its worth it

Lockhart’s are forever Reputation: 24

Griefer paradise lol.

lol what? what is "griefer paradise"?

Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 34

I would suggest doing a trial of the game first.

The game is extremely fun if you have a computer that's good enough to handle it. It is very taxing, but the game is absolutely gorgeous if you play on high.

As for the community, play on a RP server. They are the only servers where you'll find a smaller amount of complete retards.

As for gameplay, yeah it's pretty awesome.

I recommend the game highly.

lol i wanna do the trial but apparently u need keys now? and i dont know where to find them if anyone knows or has one i would love to have it or hear about it lol

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 80
    It's WNxPyrZern. Pleased to meet you.
    Pyr3D.com - My Folio
    ---

alright thanks :P i got my trial account made and am downloading... but it is a huuuuugee file lol i have over 600 kb per second (which is really good for my computer) and it will stake take over 7 hours... oh well... midnight tonight i will be logging on!

Link's a Hippie! Reputation: 11

Plus patches will take you until tomorrow, lmao.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 602

this game is tons of fun, and as far i know only the pvp servers have terrible community, everyone on crom (EU) is nice.

Currently Playing: FFXIV

>Screenshot Collection 2013-2014<

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 11

Quote Originally Posted by Bawnawgwa View Post
    i heard community was terrible... but the company has been trying to get old players back, but idk how successful they were... but i heard gameplay was superb... so yeah... just wanna know if its worth it
    Terrible community? Nope, it had the same sort of community as any other MMO. Many elitists, many idiots, many self-proclaimed experts, many griefers (I was one of them), many whiners... etc etc. Same as always.

Gameplay is superb, until end game where it falls flat, despite their content patches. The game was ace when it had many players still playing, when world pvp happened at all level ranges. That was awesome. But don't fool yourself, end game is utter shite. There's barely anything to do besides pvping, and the pvping barely yields anything anyway, the gear you can get through pvping, well, it's not as great as one would like. Sure, you have raid dungeons at end game, but they're not good... And it's not a raid-oriented MMO anyway.

They were successful in bringing back many players to try out the game, they weren't successful in keeping most of those players. Because all they've essentially done, is to do what they should have had ready at launch.

* Optimization - Should've been in at launch, is MUCH better now, though still needs work...
    * Quests for all level ranges - Should've been in at launch, is now in. More than enough quests for you to level to 80 on. No grinding necessary at all now.
    * PvP rewards (this was advertised as a PvP game, but had NO pvp gear at all *FAIL*) had none at launch, does have now, needs more work...
    * Dungeons, that's about the only thing I've felt was good and working at launch, but this isn't a pve game, if you want pve, WoW is a hundred times better. Where this game should excel, is in the PvP. But Failcom wants to do both so they have to split focus. It's retarded how many times they have to repeat their mistakes. The community has craved for PvP stuff since launch, many great ideas, yet, Failcom punches out these new dungeons every damn content patch, if we want dungeons, we would've gone for WoW or LOTRO, they have dungeons, and they do them MUCH better.
    * Class stability... Err. What is that? Balance wise, it jumps like any other MMO, but stability... Seems a class breaks every damn time they push out a patch. The necro and his pets have always been broken, now they work better, but are still ****ed up with pets getting stuck unto random objects, ceasing to do damage sometimes, just disappearing without reason... The demo double critting on one skill... Etc. It only took them, err, how long has it been since AoC launched?

Oh, feats? What are those, Failcom asks? They're STILL broken, missleading and confusing. It's mind blowing how they do their work, they must all be sitting in their offices throwing dices and randomly changing feats to see if they're working, then regardless of wherter it actually worked, they pat themselves on the back and go home, while letting their community team sort out the whines.

--

I went back to it at the recent event, and it was the last time I gave it a chance. As I said, they've barely changed anything about the game, all they've done, is add stuff that should've been there at launch.

But hey, try it out, maybe it'll be fun for you. Me though, I'm done with this game and its developer. I had faith they'd fix it all up, because I liked AO, their previous work. But lets face it, they're out of their league with this game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast