Champions onlice, not comming to xbox?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Snakes Big Toe Reputation: 19

They're planning on it being on the 360, but like someone above said, they're still discussing plans with Micro$oft.
    ♥Emi Hinouchi♥
    Playing::
    League of Legends: Electric Tempest

Fat Bowser Reputation: 18

The only true fallout that I can see happening between Microsoft and Cryptic, is Microsoft wanting a portion of the profit gained through their 360 Live Subscribers. At first I figured "well hey maybe they are having issues with not wanting gold members to pay anymore money and be allowed free-sub *tacked on with the payment of XBL of course*" but then I remembered this is Cryptic and MS...both are doing everything they can to pinch pennies out of us.

Whether or not 360 gets Champions Online isn't really going to effect 360 in all honesty, people thought that because of MMOs coming to the console, the ________ would rise to the top. But if anything has rised from MMOs being on consoles, is that it still doesn't beat having a keyboard...and keyboard extensions + controllers still don't work.

Snakes Big Toe Reputation: 19

Wouldn't affect 360 that much, but it would help Champions out in the long run.
    ♥Emi Hinouchi♥
    Playing::
    League of Legends: Electric Tempest

Quote Originally Posted by Marik View Post
    Wouldn't affect 360 that much, but it would help Champions out in the long run.
    That is true, and from certain undisclosed sources that I cannot reveal right now *coughs* tbh, Champions for me at least doesn't seem to do anything "outstanding" excluding their Character Customization (not to toss around suggestions or false accusations) but even that due to their "micro-transaction" idea, is starting to dwindle into a nightmare-ish horizon. So Cryptic really from what I see and hear regarding their "lovely" and I use that word loosely, road to launch details, really have their balls on the chopping blocks. So in the end a 360 *promised* mind you, launch could make or break cryptic as a company. But that's just my skewed opinion.

Banned Reputation: 43

Quote Originally Posted by Elix View Post
    That is true, and from certain undisclosed sources that I cannot reveal right now *coughs* tbh, Champions for me at least doesn't seem to do anything "outstanding" excluding their Character Customization (not to toss around suggestions or false accusations) but even that due to their "micro-transaction" idea, is starting to dwindle into a nightmare-ish horizon. So Cryptic really from what I see and hear regarding their "lovely" and I use that word loosely, road to launch details, really have their balls on the chopping blocks. So in the end a 360 *promised* mind you, launch could make or break cryptic as a company. But that's just my skewed opinion.
    Their cash shop is okay. Its just costumes...

For me, that kind of irks me. I have to not only pay 50 dollars for this game, but another 15 as well each month. Then toss on a fee for purchasing new clothing and accessories, that's just something that turns me off. Now I know the arguement of "they aren't forcing you to buy" but it's not quite the point that a lot of people are upset at. I am still getting the game and I will probably still enjoy it, its just the fact that its there tempting me to waste more money to avoid avatar envy.

Dante’s Inferno Reputation: 12

You can play PSU on a silver account. I don't see why that'd be a problem for Champions.

Super Moderator Reputation: 189

IMO console MMOs should be accessable from a silver membership. Why, you ask?

You shouldn't be charged $30 or so a month because you have to pay for XBL Gold, AND the MMO, whereas PCs only have to pay $15 a month. Plus the fact that Cryptic is mostly likely going to use microtransactions in their games (Cash Shop), would make the cost for a 360 subber even scarier.

Besides, it's not as if Microsoft will suddenly lose every gold member they have. Those that want to play Halo or Gears of War or Red Faction will still need a gold membership. And that's the main playerbase for the 360.

Norrin Radd's Nerd Rage Reputation: 28

I was planning on getting the 360 version (This and Huxley) whenever they came out (Huxley will be on the 360 6 months after its release).

Also, they will both have monthly fees, right?
    Also, will I need gold to play them or is that not anounced yet?

IGNs:
    Hon - Corrision
    LoL - Corision
    WoW - Corison (Argent Dawn)

I completely agree with Arri, silver accounts should be able to get it, but being as Microsoft already considers their 7.99 or w.e I'm paying atm a deal, who knows really...which is sad, I feel for those who want 360 version of this MMO (b2p+xbl+p2p+cs)

as for Corrision, are you sure about Huxley, last I saw the 360 version was a killed project, but as for if it is still going, the only thing you'll need is XBL, Huxley itself is f2p. Champions on the eother hand is 15 a month. Whether or not you'll need gold for Champions is unknown, as for Huxley, probably.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast