Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: Champions onlice, not comming to xbox?

  1. #1
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 192
    hyarume's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    11,984
    Rep Power
    18

    Default Champions onlice, not comming to xbox?

    I have a friend with an xbox 360, he was interested in champions online so whenever I notice something. I give him the info.

    But now, I see it listed at gamecon, but only for PC, the cryptic website also only lists it as an PC game.

    Now this is what I hear.

    360 lost the chance to have upcoming mmorpgs like CHAMPIONS ONLINE on their system because of MS's strict online rules and policies. even Cryptic said they wanted to make their mmorpg for the system, but MS's rules didn't allow it even though FFXI and PSU were exceptions. They aren't budging this time.

    Could this be true?

  2. #2
    Banned Reputation: 43

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,809
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    The devs at the forums said nothing of this...they said that their working on the xbox360 version still.

  3. #3
    Forum PvPer Reputation: 383
    Krunkmasta Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Everywhere.
    Posts
    16,367
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    i think cryptic wanted to make it playable for silver accounts.

    Silver membership is free, and you can use it to access Xbox Live's marketplace, download demos, buy movies or games, etc.

    Gold membership is $50/year and allows you to do everything you can do with Silver, but also play online multiplayer games, such as Halo3, UNO, etc.

    Basically, if you want to play games online against other people, you need a Gold membership. Otherwise, Silver will do everything else for free.

  4. #4
    Dante’s Inferno Reputation: 23
    purewitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Kachirho, Kashyyyk
    Posts
    620
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Last I heard the XBox 360 version, might be out early next year.
    When we get back from where we are going, we will return to where we were. I know people there!

  5. #5
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 167
    cyber7chink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Missouri USA
    Posts
    9,576
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    What you see is what is at present. The 360 version may not be close to being revealed?

  6. #6
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 192
    hyarume's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    11,984
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    but the thing is it isn't listed anymore for the xbox.
    www.crypticstudios.com

    And.. the gamecon announcemet was Champions online (PC)
    With only PC behind it.

    The thing is RIGHT FROM THE START it has been announced for the XBOX.

  7. #7
    Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 19
    TobyBathory's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Why, so you can stalk me?
    Posts
    1,121
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    they stated it would also be for ps3...or is supposed to be.
    Quoted from Kashis
    "I have a penis, I don't need to play as a guy to be reminded of that."

    Every time you promote a crap browser game...I die a little inside.

  8. #8
    Banned Reputation: 43

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,809
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TobyBathory View Post
    they stated it would also be for ps3...or is supposed to be.
    Its only coming for xbox 360 and PC.

  9. #9
    Retired Staff Reputation: 714
    SnOwBunZz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hamster's closet.
    Posts
    12,749
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WerewolfX View Post
    i think cryptic wanted to make it playable for silver accounts.

    Silver membership is free, and you can use it to access Xbox Live's marketplace, download demos, buy movies or games, etc.

    Gold membership is $50/year and allows you to do everything you can do with Silver, but also play online multiplayer games, such as Halo3, UNO, etc.

    Basically, if you want to play games online against other people, you need a Gold membership. Otherwise, Silver will do everything else for free.
    This would be logical. I can't see any other reason behind MS greed.

  10. #10
    Xenonight2's Zealot Reputation: 267
    ChickenDewd21's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Streets of 'Ginny Reason: It's not terrible
    Posts
    3,438
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    ;o It probably won't see the light of day on the 360. If you guys can remember, MS partnered up with Cryptic to release a superhero MMO on the 360. They had a fallout over somethin' (can't remember) and basically they told each other to go f*ck themselves and Cryptic started working on Champions.

    :/ So, yeh.

  11. #11
    Snakes Big Toe Reputation: 19
    Marik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    428
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    They're planning on it being on the 360, but like someone above said, they're still discussing plans with Micro$oft.
    ♥Emi Hinouchi♥
    Playing::
    League of Legends: Electric Tempest

  12. #12
    Fat Bowser Reputation: 18
    Elix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    197
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    The only true fallout that I can see happening between Microsoft and Cryptic, is Microsoft wanting a portion of the profit gained through their 360 Live Subscribers. At first I figured "well hey maybe they are having issues with not wanting gold members to pay anymore money and be allowed free-sub *tacked on with the payment of XBL of course*" but then I remembered this is Cryptic and MS...both are doing everything they can to pinch pennies out of us.


    Whether or not 360 gets Champions Online isn't really going to effect 360 in all honesty, people thought that because of MMOs coming to the console, the ________ would rise to the top. But if anything has rised from MMOs being on consoles, is that it still doesn't beat having a keyboard...and keyboard extensions + controllers still don't work.

  13. #13
    Snakes Big Toe Reputation: 19
    Marik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    428
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Wouldn't affect 360 that much, but it would help Champions out in the long run.
    ♥Emi Hinouchi♥
    Playing::
    League of Legends: Electric Tempest

  14. #14
    Fat Bowser Reputation: 18
    Elix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    197
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marik View Post
    Wouldn't affect 360 that much, but it would help Champions out in the long run.
    That is true, and from certain undisclosed sources that I cannot reveal right now *coughs* tbh, Champions for me at least doesn't seem to do anything "outstanding" excluding their Character Customization (not to toss around suggestions or false accusations) but even that due to their "micro-transaction" idea, is starting to dwindle into a nightmare-ish horizon. So Cryptic really from what I see and hear regarding their "lovely" and I use that word loosely, road to launch details, really have their balls on the chopping blocks. So in the end a 360 *promised* mind you, launch could make or break cryptic as a company. But that's just my skewed opinion.

  15. #15
    Banned Reputation: 43

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,809
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elix View Post
    That is true, and from certain undisclosed sources that I cannot reveal right now *coughs* tbh, Champions for me at least doesn't seem to do anything "outstanding" excluding their Character Customization (not to toss around suggestions or false accusations) but even that due to their "micro-transaction" idea, is starting to dwindle into a nightmare-ish horizon. So Cryptic really from what I see and hear regarding their "lovely" and I use that word loosely, road to launch details, really have their balls on the chopping blocks. So in the end a 360 *promised* mind you, launch could make or break cryptic as a company. But that's just my skewed opinion.
    Their cash shop is okay. Its just costumes...

  16. #16
    Fat Bowser Reputation: 18
    Elix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    197
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    For me, that kind of irks me. I have to not only pay 50 dollars for this game, but another 15 as well each month. Then toss on a fee for purchasing new clothing and accessories, that's just something that turns me off. Now I know the arguement of "they aren't forcing you to buy" but it's not quite the point that a lot of people are upset at. I am still getting the game and I will probably still enjoy it, its just the fact that its there tempting me to waste more money to avoid avatar envy.

  17. #17
    Dante’s Inferno Reputation: 12
    Phoenixfencer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    619
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    You can play PSU on a silver account. I don't see why that'd be a problem for Champions.


  18. #18
    Super Moderator Reputation: 208
    Arri's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    9,730
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    IMO console MMOs should be accessable from a silver membership. Why, you ask?

    You shouldn't be charged $30 or so a month because you have to pay for XBL Gold, AND the MMO, whereas PCs only have to pay $15 a month. Plus the fact that Cryptic is mostly likely going to use microtransactions in their games (Cash Shop), would make the cost for a 360 subber even scarier.

    Besides, it's not as if Microsoft will suddenly lose every gold member they have. Those that want to play Halo or Gears of War or Red Faction will still need a gold membership. And that's the main playerbase for the 360.


  19. #19
    Norrin Radd's Nerd Rage Reputation: 28
    Corrision's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kansas, United States
    Posts
    1,638
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    I was planning on getting the 360 version (This and Huxley) whenever they came out (Huxley will be on the 360 6 months after its release).

    Also, they will both have monthly fees, right?
    Also, will I need gold to play them or is that not anounced yet?

    IGNs:
    Hon - Corrision
    LoL - Corision
    WoW - Corison (Argent Dawn)

  20. #20
    Fat Bowser Reputation: 18
    Elix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    197
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I completely agree with Arri, silver accounts should be able to get it, but being as Microsoft already considers their 7.99 or w.e I'm paying atm a deal, who knows really...which is sad, I feel for those who want 360 version of this MMO (b2p+xbl+p2p+cs)

    as for Corrision, are you sure about Huxley, last I saw the 360 version was a killed project, but as for if it is still going, the only thing you'll need is XBL, Huxley itself is f2p. Champions on the eother hand is 15 a month. Whether or not you'll need gold for Champions is unknown, as for Huxley, probably.

  21. #21
    Norrin Radd's Nerd Rage Reputation: 28
    Corrision's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kansas, United States
    Posts
    1,638
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elix View Post
    I completely agree with Arri, silver accounts should be able to get it, but being as Microsoft already considers their 7.99 or w.e I'm paying atm a deal, who knows really...which is sad, I feel for those who want 360 version of this MMO (b2p+xbl+p2p+cs)

    as for Corrision, are you sure about Huxley, last I saw the 360 version was a killed project, but as for if it is still going, the only thing you'll need is XBL, Huxley itself is f2p. Champions on the eother hand is 15 a month. Whether or not you'll need gold for Champions is unknown, as for Huxley, probably.
    No huxley wasn't killed.

    IGNs:
    Hon - Corrision
    LoL - Corision
    WoW - Corison (Argent Dawn)

  22. #22
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 192
    hyarume's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    11,984
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    whether its comming or not, its now unclear.. first it was listed with xbox 360 now... all of the sudden its not

  23. #23
    Retired Staff Reputation: 22
    LakeOfTears's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    does it matter?
    Posts
    2,043
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    i still hope it is...considering its one of the main reasons i got my 360 (well that and a few other games).my pc cant handle running it right now and i could upgrade but i have wow for my pc and wanted champions for my 360.

  24. #24
    Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 37
    PaperJedi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Wait were am I!? HELP!
    Posts
    1,804
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Champions is coming to 360 in march go to your local gamestop\eb games an ask.

    also, ffxi and psu are both playable on silver accounts.

    An yes the chatpad on 360 does work for ffxi just not psu.

    yes i play both psu and ffxi on 360 so its facts not hearsay. also all i use to chat on ffxi is a chatpad.

    i also just went to gamestop 2 days ago an reserved my copy of champions for the 360.

    so there hope that helps. an at a 4$ a month (for the year xbl) who cares about the gold or not what they gain like 15 cents a player per game that requires xbl? pppffftttt.
    Last edited by PaperJedi; 08-11-2009 at 08:19 AM.
    Proudly spending your 2 cents.
    Moonies Plox!
    *Hunting person who invented Bit Torrent*

    Nothing like a awesome Dungeon Crawler
    Or a great First Person Shooter





  25. #25
    Dante’s Inferno Reputation: 35
    Declis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    617
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arri View Post
    IMO console MMOs should be accessable from a silver membership. Why, you ask?

    You shouldn't be charged $30 or so a month because you have to pay for XBL Gold, AND the MMO, whereas PCs only have to pay $15 a month. Plus the fact that Cryptic is mostly likely going to use microtransactions in their games (Cash Shop), would make the cost for a 360 subber even scarier.

    Besides, it's not as if Microsoft will suddenly lose every gold member they have. Those that want to play Halo or Gears of War or Red Faction will still need a gold membership. And that's the main playerbase for the 360.
    I hope you understand xbox live isn't 15$ a month. It's like..50$ for 13 months.

    Anyways, for those of you who actually played the game, you would know it feels like it was designed from the ground up to be played on a console. I mean look at the controls....The game was designed around the xbox controller.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •