Aion Closed Beta Tomorrow

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 167

Quote Originally Posted by korncob View Post
    Do our characters get wiped in OB?
    I dont really know. I am not really following the info on the game. All I been doing is keeping track of the betas cause my son enjoys the game. He is trying to convince me to pre-order the CE.

I am sure they will wipe the OB. The only ones that will not be wiped will be the headstart players.

Loric's Lunatic Reputation: 116

Do our characters get wiped in OB?
    Yes they are getting wiped and OB is supposedly starting around the 6th of September but no confirmation yet

Quote Originally Posted by cyber7chink View Post
    I dont really know. I am not really following the info on the game. All I been doing is keeping track of the betas cause my son enjoys the game. He is trying to convince me to pre-order the CE.

I am sure they will wipe the OB. The only ones that will not be wiped will be the headstart players.
    er technically the only thing the head start players get to keep is the character name and server, nothing else.
    Last edited by sinnful; 08-14-2009 at 07:20 AM. Reason: -=Doublepost=-

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 119

Quote Originally Posted by sinnful View Post
    er technically the only thing the head start players get to keep is the character name and server, nothing else.
    "Head Start Program: Get a 48-hour head start to the live game before the game releases."

Means you get to keep your character...that's what head start usually means anyhow.
    Currently Playing :
    Waiting on :
    Stuff
    AO Engine upgrade + Rebalance!
    -------
    -------
    -------
    -------
    -------
    -------
    Xfire : Korncob | Steam : Korncob/Korncobsleep/Korncobsleeping

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 167

"Head Start Program: Get a 48-hour head start to the live game before the game releases."

Means you get to keep your character...that's what head start usually means anyhow.
    That is correct.

I also heard there will be a special event for the headstart players. Something about exclusive items that will not be in the release. I dont think it was on the official forums, but one of those fansite forums.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 16

hmmm i hope people spread out amongst the servers out. i'll be heading onto the first server with a buncha guildies and i hope it doesn't get too overpopulated.

Loric's Lunatic Reputation: 116

Quote Originally Posted by chakraflare View Post
    hmmm i hope people spread out amongst the servers out. i'll be heading onto the first server with a buncha guildies and i hope it doesn't get too overpopulated.
    This one shouldn't be as bad as other parts of the beta since it is limited to pre-orders and way less free keys given out on websites. No fileplanet keys this time.

Fat Bowser Reputation: 18

The head start program is simply allowing all of us who pre-ordered the game to get in 2 days before release, make our characters, play a little, etc. OB is an entirely different thing, characters from CB will be wiped with the transition into OB, and after OB, those characters will be deleted as well.

Been following this game for a while now, so I'm psyched, been in the last 3 CBTs, all I can say is that the game is great, and that with 1.5 coming on release the game will be even better.

atm there are no more keys (to my knowledge) being given out, the only places with pre-orders still avaliable (I believe) is steam atm. So rush over (sorry if I'm wrong). I actually debated on what to wait for, Champions or Aion, and all I can say is that I don't regret my choice /fanboy. But seriously, if you need anymore literally straight from PR themselves, despite the forum being filled with trash trollers, their feeds are usually nice. http://www.aionsource.com (any questions you may think of will most likely be answered on their front page news feed)

@Cyber Yeah i read the same thing, its supposed to be like a test demo for their event system or something, the event itself isn't much from what I've read, just more so a little peek at what events will be like and such.
    Last edited by Elix; 08-14-2009 at 08:53 AM.

Norrin Radd's Nerd Rage Reputation: 12

Aion still in CB?

Wut?
    LoL IGN: Repulsivez

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 16

Quote Originally Posted by sinnful View Post
    This one shouldn't be as bad as other parts of the beta since it is limited to pre-orders and way less free keys given out on websites. No fileplanet keys this time.
    nah im talking about for the release of the game. i don't want everyone to be flocking to one server and yea.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 119

Quote Originally Posted by chakraflare View Post
    nah im talking about for the release of the game. i don't want everyone to be flocking to one server and yea.
    I'm sure there will be at least 5~10 full servers, I remember china's was like a whooole bunch of full servers lol
    Currently Playing :
    Waiting on :
    Stuff
    AO Engine upgrade + Rebalance!
    -------
    -------
    -------
    -------
    -------
    -------
    Xfire : Korncob | Steam : Korncob/Korncobsleep/Korncobsleeping

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast