Aion Closed Beta Tomorrow

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 119

Quote Originally Posted by Marik View Post
    There actually is. =P
    It does kind of kill my mood seeing people with too long of arms, or giant with a small head or something along those lines.
    That and the ten thousand legolass and whatever other famous thing they decide to copy, copies.
    Then hop onto an RP server I'm sure you'll be less dissapointed..

and from the 14 or so hours I played i didn't see one person who tried to copy someone/something famous besides some random person named obamagirl that wasn't even black lol

Anyhow I got into a group with about 3 of my friends and I got to level 15 today, they got 14 and one only got 11 cuz he went afk a lot...but it seems really really fun the first 5 levels are fun, then the next 5 levels were a bit of a drag but your rewarded by the awesome cutscene/footage of your past and whatnot, the mission stuff is really the main thing that pushes me forward, that and the instances/pvp later on. Once you hit 10 and have about a full skillbar of skills it makes combat a bit better. The skill chains are fairly cool and it makes it a lot more strategic since you really can't just hit a button and it stuns, then you do this and this and it does a DoT and a bunch of damage etc. you really have to think about which chain your doing, as a chanter I debuff a lot on one skillchain so I always do that first unless I have aggro then I do my stun skill chain first and then I got some damage attacks followed up by the debuff and some more damaging attacks while adding a HoT in between whenever I get a chance.

It really does get a lot better the higher level you get. The flying/gliding was pulled off just about perfectly, and gliding is so much fun it makes traveling seem more like a game rather than just sitting there holding W like the first 10 levels. My friend probably spent most of his time after level 10 gliding down random places because he found it so fun lol

I'm probably not going to be leveling much more on the beta though since there's a wipe, only like 2~3 days left, and I already made my decision to buy the game :P and that I wanted a chanter as my first character.
    Currently Playing :
    Waiting on :
    Stuff
    AO Engine upgrade + Rebalance!
    -------
    -------
    -------
    -------
    -------
    -------
    Xfire : Korncob | Steam : Korncob/Korncobsleep/Korncobsleeping

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 149

I'm trying my best to trudge to level 10. The only thing i'm liking about the game is the music and the animations so far.

I really want to like it but there's nothing special here for me. It's like playing WoW from 1-60, pure boring.

Ride emí Yoshi Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Jrgsubzero View Post
    I'm trying my best to trudge to level 10. The only thing i'm liking about the game is the music and the animations so far.

I really want to like it but there's nothing special here for me. It's like playing WoW from 1-60, pure boring.
    i wonder why you guys just keep saying wOw all the time, clone this and that (can some1 answer it for me pls)? u might as well just go back to wow and play don't bother with aion seriously...and where is your fail aion sig? sheesssz just put it back and stick with wow..

Fat Bowser Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Jrgsubzero View Post

1-10 is tutorial for the absolute beginners. The ones who manage to die in this level range a lot. Should be over in a couple of hours.
    At 10 you get wings, some nice vid, a pat on the shoulder and you go to next zone. First time you might have to look on your wallet as you get skills. As new carrot youre allowed to fly a bit around, but not much.
    11-18 is normal pve environment. Nothing exciting, mobs have some specials, you can actually die, but still hard. First time you encouter a cave where grouping gives you an advantage. A bit of flying around.
    19-20 you suddenly face a couple of elite and those guys hurt. Suddenly youre forced to group and your group will wipe if people have no clue what they doing. Nonetheless the core quests are still pretty easy. By killing 5 elite you can advance to next zone. So not too hard.
    21-25 looks pve. Still no free flight, kinda boring until you get ganked first time. The term "Rift" gets important, you start to position your camera in such ways that you might see the opponents arriving a bit earlier. It sucks to loose time because a ganker party is sitting in your level ground. First taste of pvp, mostly your blood gets spilled. Still a protected alternative levelground available.
    25 Abyss. Free flight, gank parties roaming around, groups get really important now. Small scale pvp mostly, sometimes a zerk at npcs. Classes suddenly seem to change, sorcs, sins and ranger start to shine (they solo gank well). Money is tight, your armor sucks, your weapon sucks, crafter are your friend. Still xp for quests and mobs are ok. You start to hate your flight bar, as its always empty.
    28 Abyss. Grind starts, levelspeed seems to be really slow. A mob gives you a pixel xp-bar.
    28++ No clue... that will be what I will experience after release. I hope some nice rvr pvp, a couple of zergs, more gank-parties, instances and so on.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 149

Quote Originally Posted by Sio View Post
    1-10 is tutorial for the absolute beginners. The ones who manage to die in this level range a lot. Should be over in a couple of hours.
    At 10 you get wings, some nice vid, a pat on the shoulder and you go to next zone. First time you might have to look on your wallet as you get skills. As new carrot youre allowed to fly a bit around, but not much.
    11-18 is normal pve environment. Nothing exciting, mobs have some specials, you can actually die, but still hard. First time you encouter a cave where grouping gives you an advantage. A bit of flying around.
    19-20 you suddenly face a couple of elite and those guys hurt. Suddenly youre forced to group and your group will wipe if people have no clue what they doing. Nonetheless the core quests are still pretty easy. By killing 5 elite you can advance to next zone. So not too hard.
    21-25 looks pve. Still no free flight, kinda boring until you get ganked first time. The term "Rift" gets important, you start to position your camera in such ways that you might see the opponents arriving a bit earlier. It sucks to loose time because a ganker party is sitting in your level ground. First taste of pvp, mostly your blood gets spilled. Still a protected alternative levelground available.
    25 Abyss. Free flight, gank parties roaming around, groups get really important now. Small scale pvp mostly, sometimes a zerk at npcs. Classes suddenly seem to change, sorcs, sins and ranger start to shine (they solo gank well). Money is tight, your armor sucks, your weapon sucks, crafter are your friend. Still xp for quests and mobs are ok. You start to hate your flight bar, as its always empty.
    28 Abyss. Grind starts, levelspeed seems to be really slow. A mob gives you a pixel xp-bar.
    28++ No clue... that will be what I will experience after release. I hope some nice rvr pvp, a couple of zergs, more gank-parties, instances and so on.
    I got to 10+ on the CN or whatever open beta. Wasn't impressed then.

Quote Originally Posted by asscula View Post
    i wonder why you guys just keep saying wOw all the time, clone this and that (can some1 answer it for me pls)? u might as well just go back to wow and play don't bother with aion seriously...and where is your fail aion sig? sheesssz just put it back and stick with wow..
    Why so angry?
    Last edited by Jrgsubzero; 08-16-2009 at 05:43 AM. Reason: -=Doublepost=-

Loric's Lunatic Reputation: 116

I actually really like the game because it reminds me of vanilla wow. It is kinda hard without going to extreme of something like Darkfail. I've played it some with a few of the classes but probably won't invest much more time into this beta since it will all be wiped after this. Just need to find something to play until it's released

Fat Bowser Reputation: 10

The betas gives you the chance to experience the game and see if you like the overall setting. Actually they offer to betatest 50% of the game which is IMO pretty fair.
    I gave you a rough roundup of the general direction of the game, maybe at endlevel it sucks total.. I will find it out.
    Does Aion impress me? Hmm, hard to say. The art/sound is nice, the flying nicely integrated, pvp (community) is sucky as always, cant say if the raids are worth mentioning, probably not. But it doesnt have glaring weaknesses so far, it simply works. Didnt got stuck, didnt fell through the ground, 1 broken quest, 3 stuck npcs, a couple of lag problems, some class issues, there is not much I can complain about. The highlights seem to be missing, but after experiencing some revolutionary combat systems and some other gimmicks Im happy with my yummy burger and pass the steak to some others.
    And Im having fun so far.
    Last edited by Sio; 08-16-2009 at 05:58 AM.

Loric's Lunatic Reputation: 116

Quote Originally Posted by Sio View Post
    The betas gives you the chance to experience the game and see if you like the overall setting. Actually they offer to betatest 50% of the game which is IMO pretty fair.
    I gave you a rough roundup of the general direction of the game, maybe at endlevel it sucks total.. I will find it out.
    Does Aion impress me? Hmm, hard to say. The art/sound is nice, the flying nicely integrated, pvp (community) is sucky as always, cant say if the raids are worth mentioning, probably not. But it doesnt have glaring weaknesses so far, it simply works. Didnt got stuck, didnt fell through the ground, 1 broken quest, 3 stuck npcs, a couple of lag problems, some class issues, there is not much I can complain about. The highlights seem to be missing, but after experiencing some revolutionary combat systems and some other gimmicks Im happy with my yummy burger and pass the steak to some others.
    And Im having fun so far.
    Gotta agree with you on this one, the game may not be new or revolutionary but at least it works. Most of the "revolutionary" or "new concept" games to come out lately have fallen flat on their face. Some have even shut down fairly quickly such as Tabula Rasa.

Fat Bowser Reputation: 18

Yes I do agree that the one thing that is most appealing is the fact that you get the sense of something done "right". The thing I enjoy about Aion isn't that they make flying literally an actual mechanic in the game, but the story that is driven from lvl 1 all the way up to lvl 50.

The game isn't grindy considering you're not killing the same thing for more than 10-20 minutes (minus certain story driven areas), you're always on the move later on, and in a way, the game will let you level up when the story requires you to. Its like following a book, I know the term RPG is lost to many people now, but Aion so far, has been the first game I've seen effectively make growth through a storyline (i know there are more possibly, I just haven't played them)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345