A good place to farm Dye?

Rock Man Reputation: 20

Default A good place to farm Dye?

Hey guys, I have recently made a 55 monk and I was wondering out of opinion were would be a good place to farm dye. I usually farm on hard mode. Usually at Hot Bergen springs. I found that Hydras are not really that good to farm in areas that I go.

~GUILD WARS 2 <3 Level 80: Warrior, Level 80: Ranger~
    ]

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Claudedenja View Post
    Hey guys, I have recently made a 55 monk and I was wondering out of opinion were would be a good place to farm dye. I usually farm on hard mode. Usually at Hot Bergen springs. I found that Hydras are not really that good to farm in areas that I go.
    Claudedenja, just about anywhere is as good a place to farm dye as any. It is my understanding that dye falls everywhere randomly.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Dye does drop randomly everywhere, but it has been noticed by many players that some areas drop dye much more frequently than others. I believe it's the TYPE of dye that is random, the drop rate. My two best dye farming locations that I have found are the Bandits in pre-searing Ascalon right outside the Ashford Abbey, and within the Catacombs in the big circular room in the back of the instance. Also, in post searing in Nightfall - I have found a good place for 55's (I farm it frequently myself) is in the Plains of Jarin (HM of course), exit from the Sunspear Great Hall, and go towards to large group of spiders, 55 them till death - then move onto Hassin Soft skin, due west of those spiders. You can get the run done in 4-6 mins if you do it quickly, and gold drop/dye drop rates are tremendous. I have gotten two blacks and one white in the same run. There's also the chance for elite para tome which goes for an easy 4-5k . You're welcome