Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aion: Who's gonna P2P?

Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 10

i won't p2p for Aion.

I'm sticking to LOTRO and I'll wait for FF XIV & Wheel of time mmorpg that hypes me much more.
    " Here we go our step so silent
    Here we go our blooded trace
    the Jester Race "

http://mjalkar.mybrute.com

Dante’s Inferno Reputation: 41

I'm going to suscribe i love the game. The last CB ended today, OB should start in a week or two if anyone is interested in trying the game (there is no official date on the OB yet)
    "One man can be a crucial ingredient on a team, but one man cannot make a team"

"A good leader is a person who takes a little more than his share of the blame, and a little less than his share of the credit"

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

No Thx i dont wona pay for game..If am wona play i can play Privat servers 8).w Full UP date.For FREEEE....

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 119

The private servers don't even have working combat yet much less skills being able to talk to npc's and abyss or anything like that, hell the only thing you can do is fly and you can't even glide lol they are having to recreate the entire thing so it will take a while to get anything working and even then it'll be bugged up to hell like WoW pservers are atm...

Anyhow...I'm definitely p2ping it elyos side probably nezekan server woot.
    Currently Playing :
    Waiting on :
    Stuff
    AO Engine upgrade + Rebalance!
    -------
    -------
    -------
    -------
    -------
    -------
    Xfire : Korncob | Steam : Korncob/Korncobsleep/Korncobsleeping

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 29

I am, I LOVE AION :O

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 40

Quote Originally Posted by korncob View Post
    The private servers don't even have working combat yet much less skills being able to talk to npc's and abyss or anything like that, hell the only thing you can do is fly and you can't even glide lol they are having to recreate the entire thing so it will take a while to get anything working and even then it'll be bugged up to hell like WoW pservers are atm...

Anyhow...I'm definitely p2ping it elyos side probably nezekan server woot.
    There are some very, very good WoW private servers running at the moment. I don't plan on playing Aion at all, but if I ever got bored sometime in the future, I could give one of those servers a try. I thought all Aion had going for it was fantastic graphics anyway

League of Legends: Ron Stanson
    (currently addicted to) Rust: shovel

Quote Originally Posted by shovel View Post
    There are some very, very good WoW private servers running at the moment. I don't plan on playing Aion at all, but if I ever got bored sometime in the future, I could give one of those servers a try. I thought all Aion had going for it was fantastic graphics anyway
    Yes there are some good ones, trust me I play them, but there are a TON of missing things such as pets not working, instances not working right, etc. It causes a lot of imbalances such as with pally's and DK's.

Warlocks have the majority of missing/bugged skills, and all their pets are good for is dark pact anymore.

Not to say they aren't fun, but they aren't like retail.
    Currently Playing :
    Waiting on :
    Stuff
    -------
    -------
    -------
    -------
    -------
    -------

Wand of !!!!!!11!!! Power Reputation: 17

Personally i cannot wait for the open beta. Its really a perfect fantasy game.
    Currently Playing: Allods
    "The thirteen days after we awoke... were the beginning of the end." FFXIII

Sandman's Slave Reputation: 80

We all know Originality doesn't exist anymore in nowadays' games. All that's been improving is graphic. That's it. That's all.
    This isn't just about MMO, it's every game of every genre.
    (Litterally)

I still play the old Sid Meier's Colonization (not Civ4 version), New Horizon 2: Uncharted Water and X-COM: UFO Defense. They're old with outdated graphic. But their gameplay still remain the best. No new games ever beat them.

So, back on topic, AION. Is it good? Yeah. Is it unique? Nope. Will I play it? Sure. It's nothing new, but it's better than so many others out there.

Most likely my clan will go Asmodian on NA. I will be a Chanter and my RL friend will be a Spiritmaster.
    It's WNxPyrZern. Pleased to meet you. My 3D Character Artist Folio

Quote Originally Posted by ASNZern View Post
    We all know Originality doesn't exist anymore in nowadays' games. All that's been improving is graphic. That's it. That's all.
    This isn't just about MMO, it's every game of every genre.
    (Litterally)

I still play the old Sid Meier's Colonization (not Civ4 version), New Horizon 2: Uncharted Water and X-COM: UFO Defense. They're old with outdated graphic. But their gameplay still remain the best. No new games ever beat them.

So, back on topic, AION. Is it good? Yeah. Is it unique? Nope. Will I play it? Sure. It's nothing new, but it's better than so many others out there.

Most likely my clan will go Asmodian on NA. I will be a Chanter and my RL friend will be a Spiritmaster.
    Eh I disagree, it actually has a lot of good features combined together along with a couple new/different features that other mmo's don't have...and it comes from a really large/powerful company who is doing updates every couple of months so that's good.

Didn't mean to troll or anything if it seems like I did :P
    Currently Playing :
    Waiting on :
    Stuff
    -------
    -------
    -------
    -------
    -------
    -------

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 16

i'm definitely paying for aion. oh wait i already did.

i don't get some of you guys thinking about not playing a game when it's p2p but when its f2p with cash shop some of you spend 5-10X as much on it a month to look original while in a p2p game like aion with good customization you'll look original from the get go.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 265

I want to but I won't have time once school starts back up Maybe I'll try it next summer.

We should start an OnRPG legion, but give it a real name that has life separate from the forum, and populate it with non-OnRPGers too. That way it won't fail if ppl on the forum stop playing.

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 29

Quote Originally Posted by Paladuck View Post
    I want to but I won't have time once school starts back up Maybe I'll try it next summer.

We should start an OnRPG legion, but give it a real name that has life separate from the forum, and populate it with non-OnRPGers too. That way it won't fail if ppl on the forum stop playing.
    Not everyones gonna be able to join the onrpg legion due to Asmodians and Eylos, there would be alot of fightings :O?

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 265

^

thats true i forgot about that. oh well why would you want to be in an OnRPG guild anyway, half the people would probably quit the game within a few weeks

Payne, Max Payne Reputation: 34

I plan on subscribing to Aion but I have a question.

If I play in the Open Beta, will I be allowed to "subscribe/activate" the same account that I played in the beta?

Gaming Global News - Gaming Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Hyndon View Post
    I plan on subscribing to Aion but I have a question.

If I play in the Open Beta, will I be allowed to "subscribe/activate" the same account that I played in the beta?
    Yes, you won't have the characters though because they will be wiped.
    Currently Playing :
    Waiting on :
    Stuff
    -------
    -------
    -------
    -------
    -------
    -------

Retired Staff Reputation: 492

Already preordered CE, no turning back now, not that I want to.

Snakes Big Toe Reputation: 13

Aion Online - Worth p2p
    Class: Gladiator (Spear Mastery)
    Faction: Elyos
    Guild: Summoned
    Server: Siel

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
    Final Fantasy 7

Playing: Aion Online (Pre-Ordered)
    Class: Gladiator

Quote Originally Posted by RohanS882 View Post
    Aion Online - Worth p2p
    Class: Gladiator (Spear Mastery)
    Faction: Elyos
    I heard Siel doesn't have channels, true?
    Currently Playing :
    Waiting on :
    Stuff
    -------
    -------
    -------
    -------
    -------
    -------

Payne, Max Payne Reputation: 34

Quote Originally Posted by korncob View Post
    Yes, you won't have the characters though because they will be wiped.
    Ok so I won't have to purchase the actual game then? Since I will have already downloaded the game to play in the OB? Or will they make it where you can't update it to the fully released version?

Basically what I'm saying is can I get out of paying for the full game and instead just go straight to subscribing? (Sort've like LOTRO I guess).

Gaming Global News - Gaming Blog

Lockhart’s are forever Reputation: 24

Ok so I won't have to purchase the actual game then? Since I will have already downloaded the game to play in the OB? Or will they make it where you can't update it to the fully released version?

Basically what I'm saying is can I get out of paying for the full game and instead just go straight to subscribing? (Sort've like LOTRO I guess).
    That's what i hate too about these kinda things, they ask me that I buy the FULL GAME and then SUBSCRIBE to it afterward? That's just inconvenience, because the money I use to buy the game is like 3 month worth of subscription right there....

But it's initial release, so that's probably why. If you want to, you could hold out in the future and wait until they just allow subscription without having to pay for the game box itself.

Fat Bowser Reputation: 18

No unfoturnately NCSoft doesn't work that way sadly. You have to either purchase a digital copy or box from a store for Aion, its kinda a let down, but I mean if you enjoy the game (like OB which is to come out around the 25th I was hearing, then you should be willing (I guess, I was willing enough as were others) to purchase the game.

As for OB if you have the client already, then you won't need to redownload anything new, it'll patch with 1.5 (I believe since Aion gave a memo saying 1.5 is ready for showcase) and you'll be able to participate in the OB.

I could be wrong slightly about needing to purchase it, just my knowledge of NCWest, they've always had you purchase at least a digital copy. The upside is that you don't have to pay for the first month, so if you find it worth your time then purchasing it shouldn't really be in question.

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Rexz View Post
    That's what i hate too about these kinda things, they ask me that I buy the FULL GAME and then SUBSCRIBE to it afterward? That's just inconvenience, because the money I use to buy the game is like 3 month worth of subscription right there....

But it's initial release, so that's probably why. If you want to, you could hold out in the future and wait until they just allow subscription without having to pay for the game box itself.
    That will never happen.

You still need to buy games like EQ, WOW, Ultima and others that are out 5-10 years.

They rarely if ever let you subscribe without buying the full game first.

Lockhart’s are forever Reputation: 24

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyt305 View Post
    That will never happen.

You still need to buy games like EQ, WOW, Ultima and others that are out 5-10 years.

They rarely if ever let you subscribe without buying the full game first.
    They should just do it like they did in China, you can pay for hours of game time so you can plan ahead of time how much time you have to play the game. For an example, I won't be working this weekend so I have at least 5 hours or so at home just playing game, and I can order the code for 5 hours worth of game time. They do this in the Chinese version of Aion, and since Chinese currency doesn't work jack, it's like 20 cents for 2 hours of ingame time. And imagine you can order the time and get the code right away, without any hassle.

I'd like to see that more in American Based and EU based servers.

Cloud13's Clown Reputation: 30

Quote Originally Posted by Rexz View Post

what the hell? paying for a game is an inconvenience? you subscribe for the support and updates, you pay upfront for the game. you will be waiting a terribly long time if you're waiting for the game to be free. 5+ years if ever. this is not a content/support starved free to play game.
    Last edited by zeroburrito; 08-18-2009 at 04:25 AM.