Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aion: Who's gonna P2P?

Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 11

I already ordered CE and cant wait for it :P obviously going to p2p for it lol... i believe i am going to go cleric too :P but as of now i like asmodians best

Lockhart’s are forever Reputation: 24

Quote Originally Posted by zeroburrito View Post
    what the hell? paying for a game is an inconvenience? you subscribe for the support and updates, you pay upfront for the game. you will be waiting a terribly long time if you're waiting for the game to be free. 5+ years if ever. this is not a content/support starved free to play game.
    All im saying is, you're already paying to play the game with no attachment right? So why is it a necessity to make you purchase a box with worthless junks in it when the only important thing in it is the code to activate your account?

Do you know what you get with the Collector Edition? More fill in junks along with the standard junks from the standard set. Can't a guy just activate his account already and play the game without going through all the endorsement and commercialized crap? It's just some simple thing you can easily obtain through a single email, you don't have to make a person buy a small cardboard box with all the useless trinkets in it. Probably half of the people who buy/pre-ordered the game don't give a crap about all those so called "exclusive" junks that you get in the box. Those are just unnecessary to attract people into playing the game, because they are just paying to play the game, not for the extra stuff they are advertising along with the game itself.

Take Modern Warfare 2 for an example. They have 3 editions, the normal set is just the case with the game itself, the collector edition charge you extra for some book they put together by copy paste all their projects and concept pieces together. Now the supreme collector edition is just unbelievable, they charge you double what they charge you for the collector edition because you're going to get a freaking toy night vision goggle... What the hell, why can't you be happy with the game itself? For me, paying monthly is enough to give the developers enough fund to keep their game filled with contents already. If a normal B2P game cost me 30-40 bucks and it can keep me entertained for months on end, it shouldn't have to take twice the amount for a P2P game to keep me playing their game.

I remember when WoW's boxset cost like 50 bucks, it's like 15-20 dollars now, and im glad they reduced it. There's nothing in the box other than a card and an install disk for the game, and you can still already obtain the game online without any hassle... what a waste of materials. >_>

McFox Sandwich Reputation: 10

For me simple i'll just find a "P****t* S**V*R" to play ._.
    Well for one thing is that.. I'll just play Aion just to burn my Time and some entertainment D:

Loric's Lunatic Reputation: 116

I am definentally in as a P2P cust****. I have a funny feeling this game will end up like Lineage 2 and starting out at release is a huge help in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by sinnful View Post
    I am definentally in as a P2P cust****. I have a funny feeling this game will end up like Lineage 2 and starting out at release is a huge help in the long run.
    I never played Lineage 2 Before... never gave it a chance... >_> But i know how Aion feels like.
    I'm in the Elyos Faction and from there i kept killing Snails and Starfish. Wow the grind feels like it starts from level 10... maybe i didn't gave the game a chance....

Quote Originally Posted by princ3dan View Post
    I never played Lineage 2 Before... never gave it a chance... >_> But i know how Aion feels like.. for me its like a.. Grind starting from level 10 i think...
    I'm in the Elyos Faction and from there i kept killing Snails and Starfish i think.. Wow the grind feels like it starts at level 10... maybe i didn't gave the game a chance....
    It's not suppose to be a grind, because there are plenty of quests for you to do that will carry you to each lvl. You only grind in a game if the quest doesn't give you enough exp or if there are no quests for you to do.

I got to lvl 20 on my new Templar in just 3 days of playing, and I have a job in the evening.

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 15

pretend it's Lineage III
    lol

Loric's Lunatic Reputation: 116

Quote Originally Posted by princ3dan View Post
    I never played Lineage 2 Before... never gave it a chance... >_> But i know how Aion feels like.
    I'm in the Elyos Faction and from there i kept killing Snails and Starfish. Wow the grind feels like it starts from level 10... maybe i didn't gave the game a chance....
    If you do the quests there is virtually no grind. The other thing to remember is this client version is only 1.0, the release will be 1.5 and have many more quests added.

If you do the quests there is virtually no grind. The other thing to remember is this client version is only 1.0, the release will be 1.5 and have many more quests added.
    yes i know i know... Level 1 - 10 all i did was quest.. go to the Goblin Mine and stuff... go collect cubes.. come back with it.. ._. kinda tiring though

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 31

I might.. Only if they offer 7 days free trial with a free download of the game from their website. Ya know, how WoW does. I love being able to try for free and then decide if I'm going to actually buy the game. Sucks when you pay 50 bucks, install and hate it a week later.

Loric's Lunatic Reputation: 49

Why play Aion when you can play C9 !! :3

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 162

Probably not but I'll still play the first month to give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Luppi View Post
    I might.. Only if they offer 7 days free trial with a free download of the game from their website. Ya know, how WoW does. I love being able to try for free and then decide if I'm going to actually buy the game. Sucks when you pay 50 bucks, install and hate it a week later.
    Open Beta starts in a few days.

http://kindred.aion.tv/status/

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 119

Quote Originally Posted by AkaSnake View Post
    Why play Aion when you can play C9 !! :3
    Because c9 is gay and in another language.

@ above : you lie, it says disabled till further notice...
    Currently Playing :
    Waiting on :
    Stuff
    AO Engine upgrade + Rebalance!
    -------
    -------
    -------
    -------
    -------
    -------
    Xfire : Korncob | Steam : Korncob/Korncobsleep/Korncobsleeping

Quote Originally Posted by korncob View Post
    Because c9 is gay and in another language.

@ above : you lie, it says disabled till further notice...
    It also said "Open Beta coming soon"

And many people have already made the speculation that it will be within this month.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexz View Post
    It also said "Open Beta coming soon"

And many people have already made the speculation that it will be within this month.
    I hope it lasts all the way until pre-release I wanna palyyy
    Currently Playing :
    Waiting on :
    Stuff
    -------
    -------
    -------
    -------
    -------
    -------

Heads or Tails Reputation: 14

u guys think OB gunna be wiped?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
    u guys think OB gunna be wiped?
    Yep, 99% sure as I believe they said it would be...
    Currently Playing :
    Waiting on :
    Stuff
    -------
    -------
    -------
    -------
    -------
    -------

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 11

Quote Originally Posted by cyber7chink View Post
    I am not. Tried it and its no different than any other MMORPG. I do have to admit, what it offers, its done well, but no thanks. Nothing original.
    But Sir everything for the most part has been done already..your tryin to find a needle in a haystack

I havent decided just yet...but i havent gotten to try it yet either ;\

Thanks to Labyrinth for great sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norrin Radd View Post
    Jaz is doing some kind of social experiment.

I refuse to believe he is the way he is.

Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 10

I'm probably going to P2P Aion, atleast for one month, just to check it out.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 16

Quote Originally Posted by Luppi View Post
    oh i know what you mean. i did that with guildwars but luckily my friend got me back into it a week after i quit it and i loved it after then. playing with friends > grinding alone.

but i do like grinding on aion though haha i know its weird. i can play for hours all i need is music and be int he right mood hahaha.

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 29

Its the same creators so, I don't see why not you could say Aion is like Lineage 3 if you will, god If I knew lineage was around, I wouldve played it back then o.o.

One thing to ask you guys..

can i not buy the "Pre Order Set" or the $50 just to paly the game? i have the client.. i just want to buy the Game time is that possible?

Cloud13's Clown Reputation: 30

All im saying is, you're already paying to play the game with no attachment right? So why is it a necessity to make you purchase a box with worthless junks in it when the only important thing in it is the code to activate your account?

Do you know what you get with the Collector Edition? More fill in junks along with the standard junks from the standard set. Can't a guy just activate his account already and play the game without going through all the endorsement and commercialized crap? It's just some simple thing you can easily obtain through a single email, you don't have to make a person buy a small cardboard box with all the useless trinkets in it. Probably half of the people who buy/pre-ordered the game don't give a crap about all those so called "exclusive" junks that you get in the box. Those are just unnecessary to attract people into playing the game, because they are just paying to play the game, not for the extra stuff they are advertising along with the game itself.

Take Modern Warfare 2 for an example. They have 3 editions, the normal set is just the case with the game itself, the collector edition charge you extra for some book they put together by copy paste all their projects and concept pieces together. Now the supreme collector edition is just unbelievable, they charge you double what they charge you for the collector edition because you're going to get a freaking toy night vision goggle... What the hell, why can't you be happy with the game itself? For me, paying monthly is enough to give the developers enough fund to keep their game filled with contents already. If a normal B2P game cost me 30-40 bucks and it can keep me entertained for months on end, it shouldn't have to take twice the amount for a P2P game to keep me playing their game.

I remember when WoW's boxset cost like 50 bucks, it's like 15-20 dollars now, and im glad they reduced it. There's nothing in the box other than a card and an install disk for the game, and you can still already obtain the game online without any hassle... what a waste of materials. >_>
    you pay 50 for the game, what you get in the box is extra. digital purchases cost the same. were you asking why they don't have a digital purchase? it didn't sound like that at all. you pay monthly for the services(constant updates and server costs).

For me, paying monthly is enough to give the developers enough fund to keep their game filled with contents already
    how does that make any sense? you want to play their game without paying for it?
    Last edited by zeroburrito; 08-18-2009 at 10:18 AM.

Fat Bowser Reputation: 10

^ no. he is just saying he doesnt want to pay 50$ for the first month