Are you going to play when it goes Live?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

View Poll Results: Will you be playing Champions when it goes Live?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 27.27%
  • Yes, when the price drops

7 31.82%
  • No

7 31.82%
  • No, I'd rather play CoH/CoX

2 9.09%
    The Devil's Advocate. Reputation: 354

Eh.

I don't think it's for me.

While it's a nicely made game, there isn't a lot of group content at the moment, I know there is some, but, there's just not enough to keep me playing.

Perhaps later down the line after it's had time to develop after release.
    On nights like tonight when no one's around, I turn off the lights, and I float off the ground.

And I smile like I used to when you were around.

A Shrubbery Reputation: 21

Don't if I can keep up with monthly payment but I'll try.

Banned Reputation: 37

Looks good.

Probably going to get it.

Wario’s Bad Accent Reputation: 39

Haha I guess im the only one who chose CoX over Champions.

Don't get me wrong though I still like Champions.
    You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your %$&#! fingers and say, "That's the bad guy."

Snakes Big Toe Reputation: 19

Quote Originally Posted by cyber7chink View Post
    LOL

My little peeve is with the chat window. You canmake it wider, but the height adjustment is bugged. I try to hover my mouse over the bottom horizon of the chat window and it appears for a split second.

I WANT TO MAKE IT BIGGER!!!
    Just so you know Cyber, they fixed the chat window in last night's patch so you can make it taller now.

♥Emi Hinouchi♥
    Playing::
    League of Legends: Electric Tempest

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 71

Is anyone actually playing? This forum became super quiet in the last few days. ; Hit me up @Nevers in game, just hit 25...

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 28

Having spent roughly 60 hours in the game this is my impression thus far

Character Customization is the star of the game by far, but I always seem to find myself wanting something they don't have (Short sleeve jackets please!).

While there are a lot of different power sets many of them feel like rehashes in different colors, especially at the beginning, it does fan out a little later in the game giving you some uniqueness but the way the game is setup you are able cherry pick powers from any of power sets (assuming you met the requirements) which leads to the power sets being watered down and the destruction of archetypes with the only real choice being if you like your combat in melee of ranged flavors.

With only three locations things start to feel a little repetitive quickly, but the game does a good job trying to break it up with set pieces (Paintball fields, Ghost Towns, Wild West Theme Parks) but it still never feels different enough to make you feel like you are somewhere other than Snow landscape, Desert landscape, or Cityscape.

PvP has been the most enjoyable thing for me but as anyone of you that have played with me can attest to it pretty much boils down to "Find the player without Regeneration or Teleport and hunt them down" and this is only to work until the serious PvPers get wise and at that point it's just going to be a prolonged gang bang. PvP also suffers from a lack of modes, at level 20 there is only a team deathmatch and a free for all. It is possible that more modes may open up later but Modes like Capture the Flag would be highly unbalanced with certain travel powers (looking at you Teleport and Digging).

Bugs abound but I'm not going to harsh on them too much because I have never seen a clean MMO launch for I'm cutting some slack for that.

Quest lines are highly linar and the TWO introduction zones get annoying quickly, and unless you can focus on just 1 character you will be revisiting these zones often.

On top of all this is a fairly unforgiving respec (or retcon) system that pretty much locks you into whatever powers you have chosen until you are rich enough to afford the retcon.

Being an early adopter to anything you know you are getting a service or product that isn't yet fully polished but have faith in the idea or the developer. Cryptic has a good background in the industry and I believe that could make this into something more worthwhile.

Rock Man Reputation: 13

Games only just come out so give it time, since its p2p a lot of content will be released in a speedy fashion i feel

I just keep getting the feeling that i wont be able to create my mad huge crazy creature that can jump 100ft into the air and slam down and kill people i just dont feel the game is that free you can do that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12