Aion Wins Best Online Game at Gamescom

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 119

Quote Originally Posted by Ponder View Post
    You must never have played an Assassin.
    Never really messed with them no. Did they play that different from every other class? That's weird..
    Currently Playing :
    Waiting on :
    Stuff
    AO Engine upgrade + Rebalance!
    -------
    -------
    -------
    -------
    -------
    -------
    Xfire : Korncob | Steam : Korncob/Korncobsleep/Korncobsleeping

Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 11

I didn't read through every post in the last 12 pages, but is the list of games that qualified for "best online game" at gamescon available somewhere? I just find it hard to believe Aion can beat out/have more interest than something like Final F***ing Fantasy 14!!! or Knights of the Old Republic.

edit: quick grammer fix

Banned Reputation: 66

Quote Originally Posted by keith017 View Post
    I didn't read through every post in the last 12 pages, but is the list of games that qualified for "best online game" at gamescon available somewhere? I just find it hard to believe Aion can beat out/have more interest than something like Final F***ing Fantasy 14!!! or Knights of the Old Republic.

lol @ bolded text.

Anyway, it's best new MMORPG at GamesCom...

So, yeah, Final Fantasy 14 had gameplay there, (and I am looking forward to that game, thought the gameplay looked good) but Aion had a pretty cool themed booth and presentation, including various trailers and live action performances.
    So it's understandable if it got the most hype at the convention.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 119

Meh, neither of those are coming out soon, Aion however is coming out in september....that's probably part of the reason.
    Currently Playing :
    Waiting on :
    Stuff
    AO Engine upgrade + Rebalance!
    -------
    -------
    -------
    -------
    -------
    -------
    Xfire : Korncob | Steam : Korncob/Korncobsleep/Korncobsleeping

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 72

Have you seen the gameplay video of final fantasy 14? It looks to me like Squaresoft are not looking for a new playerbase at all they just want to migrate all the people on 11 over to 14. The gameplay did not look any different at all im not saying this is a bad thing but meh.

Also KOTOR is really closed developement. We hardly hear anything unless they post it on their site so putting a game that no one knows much about on a best game list is something close to retarded ^^

I love how everyone bashes Aion because it brings nothing new but in reality it is actually the best at what it is. But hey its Onrpg where everyone thinks its awesomely cool to hate whats popular. I can understand someone saying they dont like it but saying its not good is a blatent lie. I hate WoW but that doesnt mean its not a good game.
    "You are the Future in the present so make sure you make history" Wretch32 UK Grime Artist.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegance View Post
    I dreamt about a fly, that was getting progressively larger over time. Everyone shunned and tried to swat it, I protected it and eventually rode it around. Shenanigans were abundant, and eventually I rode it into the stars.

Geez I'm weird..

Ape for Diddy Reputation: 10

I went to sleep with this thread on the top of the page and I woke up in 8 hours with the same thread on top of the page, it's ridiculous.

There's those hardcore haters who like to be unique since it's number 1 and is hyped so much. It can't be a good game without them though.. I'd say wait for a few months after to release and give it a fair go before anyone can decide why it should or shouldn't be on top.

I'm ready to go and looking forward to playing Aion. It looks, feels, plays as a good game and there haven't been many MMOs out there which have done the same these past few years which is why there's hype.

Quote Originally Posted by leathel View Post
    Have you seen the gameplay video of final fantasy 14? It looks to me like Squaresoft are not looking for a new playerbase at all they just want to migrate all the people on 11 over to 14. The gameplay did not look any different at all im not saying this is a bad thing but meh.
    I don't think FFXIV is party orientated as much as XI though.. Which I don't know is a good thing or not since I loved how things played in FFXI.
    Last edited by Energize; 08-22-2009 at 07:58 AM.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Alivada View Post
    Probably only won because all the Aion fanboys (there seems to be a lot of them 0.o) would rage.
    I would of given it to Champions.
    You serious? Did you even play CoV or CoH? it is EXACTLY THE SAME THING.

Leathel: Did you read the features? even tho gameplay didnt show much other than a fail hunt for a chicken too bad they couldnt show the armoury system. Changing jobs by just changing weapons?

On Topic: You love it or hate it w/e me I got the collectors cause game is interesting and box is awesome. (yes I have a bad habbit of buying games just cause the box is pretty, do I regret it? hell yes I do. Curse wrath and war)

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213