Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 127

Thread: Aion Wins Best Online Game at Gamescom

  1. #51
    Loric's Lunatic Reputation: 116
    sinnful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,614
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Why are so many people butt hurt on OnRPG and demand something new from every game when there is nothing new left to do?

  2. #52
    Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 16

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,140
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    who cares if aion doesn't bring a lot of new things to the table. this game took its time in development and look what pops out, a well polished game.

    i can't wait till it comes out ^^

  3. #53
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 118
    MerkaMerka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    150 km west
    Posts
    4,505
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sinnful View Post
    Why are so many people butt hurt on OnRPG and demand something new from every game when there is nothing new left to do?

    There's so many things you can do to make an MMORPG better that never gets done because companies like to copy the old shit formula. Such as combat that isn't click and point, better free roam, better grasp of controls, wacky and great customization, and a good end game content.




    Mark was walking home from a ball game.

    Currently Playing: Dungeon Fighter

  4. #54
    Loric's Lunatic Reputation: 116
    sinnful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,614
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MerkaMerka View Post
    There's so many things you can do to make an MMORPG better that never gets done because companies like to copy the old shit formula. Such as combat that isn't click and point, better free roam, better grasp of controls, wacky and great customization, and a good end game content.
    Thats all been done in other games, try again.

  5. #55
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 228
    cinderboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The Internetz
    Posts
    13,424
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Aion is something worth hyping if its F2P or B2P ~.~

  6. #56
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 118
    MerkaMerka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    150 km west
    Posts
    4,505
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sinnful View Post
    Thats all been done in other games, try again.
    Better Gameplay to make it more interesting? No. Not really.

    Better UD and Customization? People are coming around to their senses, but it's still a slippery slope

    more grasp over what makes things "fun"? No. No they haven't.

    and it isn't about new, as being better Dumbo. A game can repeat feature and make them awesome, while another one can be completely different but still a load of shit.




    Mark was walking home from a ball game.

    Currently Playing: Dungeon Fighter

  7. #57
    Banned Reputation: 19
    corasked's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Posts
    3,187
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Aion is lame.

  8. #58
    Loric's Lunatic Reputation: 116
    sinnful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,614
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cinderboy View Post
    Aion is something worth hyping if its F2P or B2P ~.~
    Name one F2P mmo that comes close to all the features, quality, graphics level or content availablity of Aion.

  9. #59
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 118
    MerkaMerka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    150 km west
    Posts
    4,505
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sinnful View Post
    Name one F2P mmo that comes close to all the features, quality, graphics level or content availablity of Aion.


    Stop beng such a fanboy. for a P2P game it's very run of the mill, just because you like it doesn't mean others have to, nor will they. I don't hate it, but I personally don't see much of anything really going for it :x.




    Mark was walking home from a ball game.

    Currently Playing: Dungeon Fighter

  10. #60
    Loric's Lunatic Reputation: 116
    sinnful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,614
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MerkaMerka View Post
    Stop beng such a fanboy. for a P2P game it's very run of the mill, just because you like it doesn't mean others have to, nor will they. I don't hate it, but I personally don't see much of anything really going for it :x.
    Fine I'll be a fanboy for trying to prove the point that most people can't back up what they say on here with proof, and you can be another butt hurt moron that posts dribble on here without making a clear point.

  11. #61
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 228
    cinderboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The Internetz
    Posts
    13,424
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sinnful View Post
    Name one F2P mmo that comes close to all the features, quality, graphics level or content availablity of Aion.
    features ? seriously ? housing, farming, couple system, mount, mini-games ? some f2p mmos even have their own unique kingdom system (building up), upcoming MMORPGs allows you to fight underwater too etc.

    content ? Warhammer, world of warcraft for p2p comparison ? Im sure they have lores which will put Aion's story to shame

    taking into consideration the lack of features, but the good polished graphics, its worth a hype if its F2P or B2P, not P2P.

  12. #62
    Loric's Lunatic Reputation: 116
    sinnful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,614
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cinderboy View Post
    features ? seriously ? housing, farming, couple system, mount, mini-games ? some f2p mmos even have their own unique kingdom system (building up), upcoming MMORPGs allows you to fight underwater too etc.

    content ? Warhammer, world of warcraft for p2p comparison ? Im sure they have lores which will put Aion's story to shame

    taking into consideration the lack of features, but the good polished graphics, its worth a hype if its F2P or B2P, not P2P.
    You failed to answer the question.

  13. #63
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 228
    cinderboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The Internetz
    Posts
    13,424
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sinnful View Post
    You failed to answer the question.
    There's no F2P MMORPG close in terms of polished graphics and looks, thats all. Thats why I said it is worth hyping if its F2P or B2P. In the P2P world, it will just be a wannabe

    I think ur the one not getting my point.

  14. #64
    McFox Sandwich Reputation: 13
    ChocoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    458
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I think the WoW players WANT this to a be a good game, they just want to be convinced. I have not played Aion so I do not have an opinion on it, however what I have been hearing from it has been good. A lot of people are enjoying the betas.

    Sure graphics don't make the game, but things about I hear about Aion that will makeit greatly superior to upcomming mmorpgs in stability, polish, content and accessiblity point in terms of system requirements.

    One of the reason WoW is so popular is because you didn't require an supercomputer to run it.

    The game will actually require less requirements than Champion Online.

    If you guys would like to read up on an Aion review/comparison with Champions Online, here it is: http://xovergamingfront.blogspot.com/

  15. #65
    Loric's Lunatic Reputation: 116
    sinnful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,614
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cinderboy View Post
    There's no F2P MMORPG close in terms of polished graphics and looks, thats all. Thats why I said it is worth hyping if its F2P or B2P. In the P2P world, it will just be a wannabe

    I think ur the one not getting my point.
    Oh no I do get your point, you suddenly want to cover up that you claimed it was not worthy of P2P status by claiming it was F2P worthy. Then I called you out on it and now you will eighter call me a Fanboy like merka or continue with the claims that I missed the point or post an even more dodgy answer.

  16. #66
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 118
    MerkaMerka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    150 km west
    Posts
    4,505
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sinnful View Post
    Fine I'll be a fanboy for trying to prove the point that most people can't back up what they say on here with proof, and you can be another butt hurt moron that posts dribble on here without making a clear point.
    1st of all- It would be worth hyping if it was F2P or B2P-

    WHY? Because then it'd be considered a pretty great game under the idea of F2P and B2P Conditions.

    Secondly- Stop insulting people. No it's not needed :x.

    Finally- It doesn't have that many features TBH, and as far as P2P MMO goes, it's not catching my fancy. See? You see what I did there? I stated my opinion! Now stop whining. we get what you're saying, you love the game and you think it's a "Great awesome P2P Game that's worth our money!" Well I'm not buying into it, and I won't anytime sooner or later.




    Mark was walking home from a ball game.

    Currently Playing: Dungeon Fighter

  17. #67
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 228
    cinderboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The Internetz
    Posts
    13,424
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoX View Post

    If you guys would like to read up on an Aion review/comparison with Champions Online, here it is: http://xovergamingfront.blogspot.com/
    Wall of text, but, have you seen aion on low ?

  18. #68
    Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 27

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,923
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Meh; I'll try it eventually but I doubt I'd like it..... I've grown to hate these types of MMOs ever since I wasted money on WoW.

  19. #69
    Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 34
    Fortify's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    USA, Maryland
    Posts
    1,854
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Wow this is a violent thread.
    I was going to post my opinion, but I'll probably get slaughtered. So no thanks.

  20. #70
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 228
    cinderboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The Internetz
    Posts
    13,424
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sinnful View Post
    Oh no I do get your point, you suddenly want to cover up that you claimed it was not worthy of P2P status by claiming it was F2P worthy. Then I called you out on it and now you will eighter call me a Fanboy like merka or continue with the claims that I missed the point or post an even more dodgy answer.
    what cover up ? i said like 2-3 times, its not P2P worthy, but worth a hype if F2P or B2P.

    What did i cover up ? dude, seriously, read.

  21. #71
    Ape for Diddy Reputation: 10
    Energize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    259
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ControlKill View Post
    Nice grammar they have there

    Lineage 2 was supposed to be the next best thing, now look where it is.


    As I said it was a tiny bit from the whole message.

  22. #72
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 162
    Alivada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    5,979
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Probably only won because all the Aion fanboys (there seems to be a lot of them 0.o) would rage.
    I would of given it to Champions.

  23. #73
    Banned Reputation: 66

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    884
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MerkaMerka View Post
    1st of all- It would be worth hyping if it was F2P or B2P-

    WHY? Because then it'd be considered a pretty great game under the idea of F2P and B2P Conditions.

    Secondly- Stop insulting people. No it's not needed :x.

    Finally- It doesn't have that many features TBH, and as far as P2P MMO goes, it's not catching my fancy. See? You see what I did there? I stated my opinion! Now stop whining. we get what you're saying, you love the game and you think it's a "Great awesome P2P Game that's worth our money!" Well I'm not buying into it, and I won't anytime sooner or later.
    No offense, but I think it really boils down to you either not wanting to, or not being able to afford a P2P MMORPG.

    Have you even tried it? Doubtful. Same goes for cinderboy.

    You're just looking at the beautiful graphics and writing it off, because you can't comprehend a game that could possibly have good graphics and gameplay.

    Everyone's entitled to have their own opinions but yours are terrible, and really just blanket statements that don't relate to Aion specifically.

  24. #74
    Loric's Lunatic Reputation: 116
    sinnful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,614
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lalafell View Post
    No offense, but I think it really boils down to you either not wanting to, or not being able to afford a P2P MMORPG.

    Have you even tried it? Doubtful.

    Everyone's entitled to have their own opinions but yours are terrible, and really just blanket statements that don't relate to Aion specifically.
    Oh wow, someone that gets the point I've been trying make!

    +rep rofl

  25. #75
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 118
    MerkaMerka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    150 km west
    Posts
    4,505
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lalafell View Post
    No offense, but I think it really boils down to you either not wanting to, or not being able to afford a P2P MMORPG.

    Have you even tried it? Doubtful. Same goes for cinderboy.

    You're just looking at the beautiful graphics and writing it off, because you can't comprehend a game that could possibly have good graphics and gameplay.

    Everyone's entitled to have their own opinions but yours are terrible, and really just blanket statements that don't relate to Aion specifically.
    I was in Aion beta for quite awhile, and I got a decent level, but the kind of play and contents it "has" does not appeal to me. And me not being able to afford a P2P game is stupid, I play mabinogi, if I wanted to P2P a game I could do it without a second thought. It's not exactly the idea of money, it's just the idea of I brather not spend my money of crap I have no interest, making it all boil down to opinion.

    You have one you serve it, enforcing it on peope (COUGH SINFULL) is useless and pretty mean, if you like it, play it and shut up, I don't , so I'll stay away from it.

    Also just to throw it out there, because like I've said in other threads, I'm a jerk.

    I usually see the line of "lol you dont lik it cuz u cant a4ord it!!11!!" thrown around like rocks and gravel by fanboys. :B
    Last edited by MerkaMerka; 08-21-2009 at 08:15 PM.




    Mark was walking home from a ball game.

    Currently Playing: Dungeon Fighter

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •