Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Aion Wins Best Online Game at Gamescom

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 118

Quote Originally Posted by Lalafell View Post
    No offense, but I think it really boils down to you either not wanting to, or not being able to afford a P2P MMORPG.

Have you even tried it? Doubtful. Same goes for cinderboy.

You're just looking at the beautiful graphics and writing it off, because you can't comprehend a game that could possibly have good graphics and gameplay.

Everyone's entitled to have their own opinions but yours are terrible, and really just blanket statements that don't relate to Aion specifically.
    I was in Aion beta for quite awhile, and I got a decent level, but the kind of play and contents it "has" does not appeal to me. And me not being able to afford a P2P game is stupid, I play mabinogi, if I wanted to P2P a game I could do it without a second thought. It's not exactly the idea of money, it's just the idea of I brather not spend my money of crap I have no interest, making it all boil down to opinion.

You have one you serve it, enforcing it on peope (COUGH SINFULL) is useless and pretty mean, if you like it, play it and shut up, I don't , so I'll stay away from it.

Also just to throw it out there, because like I've said in other threads, I'm a jerk.

I usually see the line of "lol you dont lik it cuz u cant a4ord it!!11!!" thrown around like rocks and gravel by fanboys. :B

Mark was walking home from a ball game.

Currently Playing: Dungeon Fighter

Loric's Lunatic Reputation: 116

I'll stop with my "little argument" and let the forum favorites continue to ramble off.

Retired Staff Reputation: 208

Quote Originally Posted by sinnful View Post
    I'll stop with my "little argument" and let the forum favorites continue to ramble off.
    There are no forum favorites. There are just those that flame and break the rules, and those that don't.

If you find somebody breaking the rules, but they haven't been punished, then report that post, and the staff assigned to that section will act accordingly.

Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 125

I think the key here is that it was crowned the best "new" MMO if I'm not mistaken. Seriously there have been no good MMO releases this year what-so-ever, what competition did it have?
    bam pow bam

Raiyne's Rock Band Reputation: 20

Quote Originally Posted by Elion View Post
    I think the key here is that it was crowned the best "new" MMO if I'm not mistaken. Seriously there have been no good MMO releases this year what-so-ever, what competition did it have?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aion website
    Not only was Aion crowned king of MMO gaming, but of all online games present.
    That was taken from the link the OP provided.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 162

Lets do a 4 Review;
    Generic, pretty, boring, Asian.

Raiyne's Rock Band Reputation: 20

Quote Originally Posted by Alivada View Post
    Lets do a 4 Review;
    Generic, pretty, boring, Asian.
    Your just provoking all the people that like Aion.

Banned Reputation: 66

cinderboy, you're just flamebaiting.

What Arri said previously in this thread is true; fans of a game do sometimes ignore its flaws.
    But at the same time, people who just blindly attack a game are just going to ignore any of its positives because they hate it so much, for whatever reason.

It's not a bad game, at all... I'm not going to compare it to World of Warcraft or any other top MMORPG because they have their fans and target audiences, but are you really trying to say that it's a bad game?

Even if we're just talking about the visuals, sounds, and gameplay the game has a polish that is unseen in most MMORPGs that we get.

And the PvPvE system and aerial combat are actually big parts of the game, FYI.

I'm not a 'fan' of Aion, but I tried it, and I really liked it, so I preordered it. You're not going to convince me, or the other people who like it and are patiently waiting, that it's a bad game. And you're not going to convince people who are even mildly interested in the game not to play.
    People will try it and then decide whether or not it's worth it for them. Open Beta will be free for everyone to try. Then, there will probably be a free trial after that.

There's no reason for being like "HAHAHA LOLD AT THAT DEV INTERVIEW. HOW PATHETIC THIS GAME SUX".

It's unnecessary drama

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 16

don't mind cinder. he bashes all the games that are hyped and defends the game he is currently in love with no matter how cookie cutter it is.

aion has a pretty good character customization and has the option of dying armour (from gw) and a nice and easy combo system.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 228

Its what the producer said himself, no ? I was expecting to hear more and clear my doubts after playing the closed beta (Eng) and open beta (Chi).

Flamebait ? I lol-ed simply because I was expecting more from the producer himself, not just comments from fanboys like you people. I never added words on my own, so yeah, you guys must be butt hurt from what the producer had to say for the game's difference.

I said again, I like how this game is polished, graphics and all, but its literally just an upgraded version of Lineage 2. If they add more stuff like mount fights and underwater exploration, it will be a truly great MMORPG worth to P2P. Its supposedly to be the first step to a next-gen MMORPG, no ?

I'm guessing more people will be playing on the *cough* servers in the end.