Still laggy.

Banned Reputation: 66

Default Still laggy.

I logged onto LaTale today after having quit soon after the OGP release, and it's still very laggy.
    That is, there's a brief delay for every single command, including turning, moving and attacks. It takes a second to register before my character acts out the command on my screen.

Is OGPlanet that terrible? I had really high hopes for them but it's kind of embarrassing that this lag is still around.

I mean, I could understand if I was outside NA, since it's an NA game and they said that people in Oceania, etc. play at their own risk - but I live in the USA, with a fast connection and computer.

Assuming there's no fixes...

I wanted to try out a robot pilot. B'awww.

やめてください! Reputation: 296

If you lag from the very start I'm afraid it's not going to change. They haven't been able to tell us why some people lag while others don't. Distance, internet speed and the like don't seem to be factors. I live very far from the server, with a low speed and I have 0 lag.

People that lag on OGPs version have moved to Aeria, you could play that one, but then again, you want to try Engis.

Banned Reputation: 66

lol I think people who say Aeria is better haven't actually tried it and are hating on OGPlanet (which is understandable)

But I tried Aeria's and it was even worse. It was just ridiculous with all the freezing. And I also hate that company, and like OGPlanet, which makes the entire situation more upsetting. Also, it's really strange that you get no lag. I wonder if it's a Vista related issue, or something with my router? I play all other games fine -- usually.

Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10

maybe it depends where you are, Aeria had less laag then OGPlanet for me...
    OGplanet would easily give me 1000ms while Aeria only gave me 300ms which is quite common for me considering I live in Europe. But I know alot of people from america who also changed servers saying aeria had less laag.

But.. yeah...

やめてください! Reputation: 296

That 1000ms thing on the OGP launcher is stuck. Doesn't change for anyone.

It's not a Vista problem (I'm using Vista as well), it might have something to do with the ISP, or high traffic coming from your area. Don't really know. It's always useful to send OGP a ping result, they had a thread about it on the forums.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Orpheus from KickOff?