Champions Online will fail without a full respec option

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Super Moderator Reputation: 189

Quote Originally Posted by Bacn View Post
    I don't mean "horrible grind" as in it takes hours upon hours of tedious fighting to get anywhere. I mean "horrible grind" as in "I'm not paying $15 a month for you to tell me to go kill 5 wolves you lazy assholes. Put in some real quests."
    While it's clear to me you don't like Champions, you can't come out and say ONLY champions has boring "kill X of Y" quests and no story. EVERY GAME has those.

While I'm at it: Why am I paying blizzard $15 to do a dozen "kill 30 animal here" quests?

It's Bacon!!! Reputation: 271

Quote Originally Posted by Arri View Post
    While it's clear to me you don't like Champions, you can't come out and say ONLY champions has boring "kill X of Y" quests and no story. EVERY GAME has those.

While I'm at it: Why am I paying blizzard $15 to do a dozen "kill 30 animal here" quests?
    I didn't say it was the only game that had them, I'm saying that's the reason it's a bad game. Sure, all games have them, but when I played City of Villains I found a totally of 4 of them. Cryptic Studios is more then capable of creating story-based quests and the only reason they filled Champions with generic quests is because they're lazy.

As for WoW, they shouldn't be allowed to get away with it either. Kill quotas are par for F2P games and people should be holding P2P games to a much higher standard then that. But at least once you hit 80 you stop questing and start running instances. I guess it's a start...
    Last edited by Bacn; 08-27-2009 at 11:44 PM.

Couldn't Take It No More
    So I Became Hardcore

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 71

Sure the majority of the quests are kinda generic, but there's a few quests that stand out.

Fight club and a few other quests come to mind.... Though I've been hearing that the quests get better once you're over level 25. I've personally kept to a low level so I don't burn out the content, but high enough to try out some of the powers I thought were cool.

Detective Kirby Reputation: 10

Actually, I'd say at least half of the CO missions are far more interesting than "KILL X" missions. I actually get very few missions like that.

And the Nemesis missions are AMAZING.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12