Champions Online will fail without a full respec option

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Detective Kirby Reputation: 10

Default Champions Online will fail without a full respec option

A bold, but most likely accurate claim. This would not be the first time stubborn developers killed their own game and cost their company either a lot of money or its existence.

Champions Online Will Fail Without a Full Respec Option

Cryptic "Design Director" and Executive Producer Bill Roper killed Flagship and Hellgate: London through his own stubbornness (respecs, LAN play, joke subscriber system). Is he behind the reticence to add a much needed, much desired full respec in Champions Online?

Loric's Lunatic Reputation: 116

It's kinda funny that games are still around without any form of a respec option. With the evolving nature of mmo's and most of the time the constantly changing balance of skills there is no excuse to not have any form of respec options. Now that I know this I am really glad that I am not getting the game.

Gabriel's Guardian Reputation: 163

I doubt it needs a full respec option when you can undo any power you recently got for free. If you haven't tried out each of the powers to your liking, I don't know. Seems like that's on the player. Though it still would be a nice addition.

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 72

Fail is kinda over the top dont you think? If its that bad after a few threads in the forum i bet they just patch it in like they did with COX
    "You are the Future in the present so make sure you make history" Wretch32 UK Grime Artist.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegance View Post
    I dreamt about a fly, that was getting progressively larger over time. Everyone shunned and tried to swat it, I protected it and eventually rode it around. Shenanigans were abundant, and eventually I rode it into the stars.

Geez I'm weird..

HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 31

I have to call utter bull on this.

Hellgate: London failed for alot of reasons. ALOT.

Having no respec hardly kills a game.
    No substitute for the king.
    Hilarious. I lost.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 71

Quote Originally Posted by Elegance View Post
    I doubt it needs a full respec option when you can undo any power you recently got for free. If you haven't tried out each of the powers to your liking, I don't know. Seems like that's on the player. Though it still would be a nice addition.
    Its limited... You can only undo the last 10 points you spent or did not spend. That includes things like super stats and travel powers in the pile. So around level 8-9 you can't under do your level 1 powers.

I think they're going to add a full respec, as there was one available during the open beta event.

It's Bacon!!! Reputation: 271

Who cares about not having respec? The real problem with the game is that they somehow decided that complex and meaningful story lines was boring and filled the game with horrible grind.

Couldn't Take It No More
    So I Became Hardcore

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 167

Quote Originally Posted by Bacn View Post
    Who cares about not having respec? The real problem with the game is that they somehow decided that complex and meaningful story lines was boring and filled the game with horrible grind.
    Seriously? A horrible grind? I got to lvl 20 in 2 days. There are 40 levels.

I have not seen a grind before and after the XP test. If thats what you were talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by KellionBane View Post
    Its limited... You can only undo the last 10 points you spent or did not spend. That includes things like super stats and travel powers in the pile. So around level 8-9 you can't under do your level 1 powers.

I think they're going to add a full respec, as there was one available during the open beta event.
    More than likely it will be a CS item and possibly a reward for certain missions.

I dont see this as something that is given freely.
    Last edited by cyber7chink; 08-27-2009 at 10:28 PM. Reason: -=Doublepost=-

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 71

Quote Originally Posted by cyber7chink View Post

More than likely it will be a CS item and possibly a reward for certain missions.

I dont see this as something that is given freely.
    I hope not... I only want to see cosmetic items in the cash shop. I'd rather have the full respec be on a time limit with a cost associated with it.

It's Bacon!!! Reputation: 271

Quote Originally Posted by cyber7chink View Post
    Seriously? A horrible grind? I got to lvl 20 in 2 days. There are 40 levels.

I have not seen a grind before and after the XP test. If thats what you were talking about.
    I don't mean "horrible grind" as in it takes hours upon hours of tedious fighting to get anywhere. I mean "horrible grind" as in "I'm not paying $15 a month for you to tell me to go kill 5 wolves you lazy assholes. Put in some real quests."

This game should never of been made. They should of just added in the inventory system to CoX.

Couldn't Take It No More
    So I Became Hardcore

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast