Teh newbz guide to aion classes!!!

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default Teh newbz guide to aion classes!!!

TEH NEWB GUIDE!!

To go to the class your interested in press Ctrl + F (if your a PC) and type in the number next to your class of choice.

WARNING!: THE INFORMATION THAT IS CONTAINED HERE ONLY REFLECTS GAME PLAY UP TO LEVEL 25 FOR MOST, AND NONE HIGHER THAN 30!!

ALSO I WAS UNABLE TO PLAY THE ASSASSIN OR CHANTER DURING MY LIMITED TIME ON BETA IF YOU HAVE PLAYED THESE CLASSES EXTENSIVELY PLEASE GIVE ME SOME FEED BACK SO I CAN GET IT IN THIS GUIDE!

ONE LAST NOTE, THE INFORMATION I PROVIDE EXCLUDES ASSASSINS AND CHANTERS FROM IT!

1.0 MAGE
    1.1 SORCER(ER/ESS)
    1.2 SPIRIT MASTER
    2.0 SCOUT
    2.1 ASSASSIN (COMING SOON)
    2.2 RANGER
    3.0 WARRIOR
    3.1 TEMPLAR
    3.2 GLADIATOR
    4.0 PRIEST
    4.1 CHANTER (COMING SOON)
    4.2 CLERIC

5.0 HOW THE CLASSES STACK UP TO EACHOTHER
    5.1 PVP

1.0 MAGE

ARCHTYPE = RANGED DPS

Mages are hands down the fastest killers of the 4 starter classes. If your looking to just screw around and fight other low level players on a character, Mages are also the second best in 1v1 (second only to the priest).

Something with them you will learn quickly however though is they are mana whores. They'll deplete all their mana in no time flat. This makes it essential for those who wish to level quickly to buy as many mana pots as they can get their hands on!

Another thing you as a mage need to know is that mages are so extremely squishy its not even funny! This means pulling mobs as a mage must be done with some form of intelligence. CC is the name of the game as a mage. Weather it be through slowing your target so they cant reach you, rooting them so you can get away from them, or just not being a scrub and remembering to keep your sheild up they are a class that requires your concentration and full attention.

Though in my opinion mages are the hardest class to master of the 4 they are also the most rewarding!

2.0 SCOUT

ARCHTYPE = MELEE DPS

The scout right now is the under dog of the 4 starter classes. They are easily defeated in duels against the other 4 starters, though they are second only to mages in speed when killing mobs.

Scouts have the chance to do some really nasty crits in the short time you get to play them. To give you an idea of just how intense a scout can be at level 4 my scout one shot a level 5. I've yet to find out if this is simply a bug in the system that is allowing them to get off such insaine crits or if its "working as intended". But this little nitch allows scouts to get a nice little suprise every once and a while while leveling.

They do not use mana for any skills from my knowledge, by this i mean, they either dont or use so little that i never noticed my mana ever being an issue.

As far as leveling a scout they're the straight forward kill kill kill class. they have enough armor and health to kill monsters without any smoke and mirror tricks.

3.0 WARRIOR

ARCHTYPE = TANK

YEY FOR MEAT SHIELDS! But wait! This guys no joke when it comes to dps! A Warrior is an equal match for a priest in PvP and doesnt leave anything left of the poor scout. His one true weakness is the mage. In killing speed he is right below the scout if not par with him.

Warriors are in my oppinion the second fastest class to level to 10. though they do kill a tad slower than scouts they have more health and higher armor, this allows them to kill more mobs before they have to stop to bandage/pot up.

Warriors, like the scouts, dont use their mana to my knowledge. (once again, by to my knowledge i mean, they either dont or use so little that its never an issue). This is probably the best class for noobs to play (to level 10) as they dont require alot of skill to get up once they get their sword and board. (that means get a one hander and a shield instead of a 2h scrubs! leave the 2hs to people who know how NOT to die ^.~)

4.0 PRIESTS

ARCHTYPE = HEALER

Priests are the best of the 4 starters when it comes to 1v1. But sadly they are the worst dps. I spent more time leveling one of my priests than it took me to level both my mages and probably one of my warriors! THEY KILL SLOW! Another sad thing about them is though they are more mana efficent than the mage they do run out of mana every once and a while, which isnt as easy to gain back as health which you can both bandage and pop a pot to regain.

The nice thing about priests is they are the turtle in the game. They're slow but steady. If you can get a good rotation down you can kill monsters with little mana loss. gaining health back instead of bandaging is a single heal away. they are also a higher armor class and can use shields! this makes it so these guys just dont die... ever... ever.... EVER!

If you die as a priest /quit and never play an mmo ever again because it doesnt get easier than these guys!

I suggest warriors over priests however to noobies as mana management is something most noobs just cant grasp the concept of. they go balls to the wall and wonder why they die when they're out of mana while fighting 3 guys at once. Priests really do give you that feeling of immoratality which priests unfortunately enough do come just shy of =P

1.1 SORCERER/SORCERESS

ARCHTYPE = RANGE DPS

In my experience in PvP the sorcerers only true rivals are the spirit master, the cleric, and the chanter. For the same reason that the priest can defeat a mage so stands the reason that a cleric or chanter can beat a sorcerer, heals.

The sorcerer is definately the glass cannon. they kill rediculously fast, but they require you to CC your opponents even when only going against a single enemy due to the fact that they have such low hp.

To former WoW players Sorcerers are like leveling mages. they kill shit nice and good but they're such a pain to keep alive ^.~

I suggest this class only to the most bold! This is for the player who is able to stay out of sight and unload on people, get their butt kicked. get rezed and do it all again!

1.2 SPIRIT MASTER

ARCHTYPE = RANGED DPS

2 words discribe this class... OVER POWERED! BUT! with a twist! This class with the right player behind it is unbeatable. No seriously I've fought every single person (some times many people) at once to put this guy to the test. at level 30 i took on 4 elyos players at once, when all was said and done, there laid 4 dead elyos while i was still at 75% HP and about 10% mana.

The reason spirit masters are so powerful is not because they 2 shot people or because they perma CC players or any bullshit like that. They're so powerful because this is the first class in my career as a gamer that really brings out a players true skill. The only class i can compare them to as far as how skill based they are is a PvE affliction warlock in TBC WoW.

So to the scrubs of the world, please do roll spirit masters but do it on the elyos side so i can completely demolish you.

Now then. to get more in depth to the class, they summon minions to help them do battle. your minions are capable of soloing monsters. (I've watched my earth spirit solo 2 monsters at once). You have more CC than any other class in the game, this includes sorcs. you also have moderately high dmg. (it doesnt come even close to the dmg of a sorc or ranger).

This is the ultimate class for skilled players who like to gain youtube fame. You'll see me posting video after video of me taking on so many players at once that your head will spin and walking away unscaved =)

I do want to state though, Spirit masters though powerful are still clothies. this means if your not very careful and SMART about your next move you'll still die in a heart beat just like your sorcerer counter part.

2.2 RANGER

ARCHTYPE = RANGED DPS

Ranger... where to begin... well lets start with, dont give up on the ranger at level 14 because your still meleeing to level! playing a ranger is like playing an assassin till your lower 20s. you'll get more ranged attacks and be able to kill as you'd imagine a ranger to and they do become rather fun. they do very well against most classes with the exception of the sorc and sm.

Once you do get your ranged spells they're quite enjoyable and fun to level =)

3.1 TEMPLAR

ARCHTYPE = TANK

MEAT SHIELD!!! Yup heres your endgame tank! Why should i say anymore? because they're also believe it or not neh sayers quite daunting in PvP! a good templar will give any and all classes a run for their money. they're not OP by any means though. they're basicly the "i can drop your 4k health before you drop my 8k health!"

They're rather slow killers... on my list i put them second to last at kill speed. Don't worry though friend! Even though I say slow i don't mean your going to be wacking a mob for 5 minutes! =) just about... 20 seconds.. =P

3.2 GLADIATOR

ARCHTYPE = MELEE DPS

HERE HE IS MR AMERICA! Ok so down to business. The gladiator he's pretty beast right? heavy armor, lots of dmg, hey HE EVEN HAS AN AOE ATTACK!!! I put this guy as my 3rd quickest character to get to level 25. He's also from my experience the 3rd fastest killer.

The gladiator can hold his own pretty well in PvP, if he gets the jump on any class he has the ability to make VERY quick work of them. He's all about that jump though, he has from what i've experienced the second best burst dmg, second only to the sorc.

4.2 CLERIC

ARCHTYPE = HEALER

AH YES! This is your healer! yup. HE HEALS! If I see any of you scrubs out there dpsing as a cleric ill cut your balls off! =D They are the WEAKEST of all the classes in dmg. they dont do shit for dmg! they dont. simple as that. compared to every other class the only class they come close to in dmg is a templar!

The way they kill people is staying alive longer than them... they drain casters mana pools then kill them SLOWLY they slowly kill melee players. I've been able to take on about 3 guys at once before I'm no longer able to keep myself alive in PvP. In PvE I can pull as many as i want though the more i pull the biggest waste of mana it is seeing as clerics dont have an AoE...

5.0 HOW CLASSES STACK UP TO EACHOTHER

BEFORE READING THIS SECTION BE WARNED! THIS IS ALL FROM MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE! TAKE IT WITH A GRAIN OF SALT PLEASE!

ALSO REMEMBER CHANTER AND ASSASSIN ARE EXCLUDED FROM THESE!

LEVELING SPEED (10-25)

1. Spirit Master
    2. Sorcerer
    3. Gladiator
    4. Ranger
    5. Templar
    6. Cleric

Highest DPS (at level 25)

1. Sorcerer
    2. Ranger
    3. Gladiator
    4. Spirit Master
    5. Templar
    6. Cleric

Highest survivability (at level 25)

1. Cleric
    2. Templar
    3. Spirit Master (requires skill though!)
    4. Gladiator
    5. Ranger
    6. Sorcerer

5.1 PVP

In this section I will use the three symbols, those being ( > < = )

> means the class can be defeated
    < means the class most likely wont be defeated
    = means the class is on an equal playing feild

This is also data taken from level 25+ characters going against those within 2 levels of them.

Cleric: = templar = Spirit Master = Gladiator > Ranger > Sorcerer < Assassin < Chanter

Templar: = Cleric < Spirit Master = Gladiator = Ranger < Sorcerer > Assassin < Chanter

Spirit Master: = Cleric > Templar > Gladiator > Ranger = Sorcerer > Assassin = Chanter

Gladiator: = Cleric = Templar < Spirit Master > Ranger < Sorcerer = Assassin = Chanter

Ranger: < Cleric = Templar < Spirit Master < Gladiator < Sorcerer = Assassin
    < Chanter

Sorcerer: < Cleric > Templar = Spirit Master > Gladiator > Ranger > Assassin < Chanter

Assassin: > Cleric < Templar < Spirit Master = Gladiator = Ranger < Sorcerer ? Chanter

Chanter: > Cleric > Templar = Spirit Master = Gladiator > Ranger > Sorcerer ? Assassin

To sum up what im sure most of you saw in this chart. Every class in the game essentually has its bane while either raining supreme over the others or if nothing else being on eqaul playing grounds as another class. Also I should add that the last two entries as far as who an assassin and chanter are good against are mearly speculative from my encounters against them on my other characters.
    Last edited by Yorobashi; 08-28-2009 at 02:04 AM.