2D Designers needed - MMOG

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Wink 2D Designers needed - MMOG

Team name:
    CT Games - Crinis Tellus Games - Not registered yet.

Project name:
    Towns Life

Brief description:
    Towns Life is a 2D MMOG (massively multiplayer online game) with a passive game play based on users interaction, items collection and property management.

Users will be able to take role of a citizen living in a country side continent town, which main industry is based on Farming, Trading and Mining sectors.

After settling down one will be able to chose one of the 3 industries and own property according to its choice. Once being an owner, user will be able to perform industry related job, earn gold and raise their property value.

Besides owning a property users will be able to make new friends online in real time, own and decorate a house, create your own style for your digital character, raise pets, plants, trees as well as participating in various events

Target aim:
    Game will be a cross between free and subscription based, so yes its a future commercial project

Compensation:
    At our exact stage we are not able to provide monetary compensation, we are willing to offer future company shares in order to get dividends, we can also negotiate other contracts where we would pay out for art work created when we start to revenue, or we could negotiate some other options. In any case we are looking for to investors, be it financial or talents.

Technology:
    We are building our own engine on C++ and WML integrations for easy add-ons.
    Client is open source, artwork and server are private (closed) reason for this choice is to allow cross platform (Windows, Lunux, Mac...) and to let users integrate into game development too, they will have an opportunity to spot bugs, fix them if they can, suggest new art designs, translations...making them feel part of development team, even if all the final decisions are after us developers.

Talent needed:
    We are in need of very talented designers.
    -IGA - In Game Artists - people able to create high quality isometric artwork for tiles in order to build maps, buildings, objects, trees, and characters.

*Required knowledge: Isometric perspective, "cute" style proffered - meaning bright colors, nice ambient.

*Technology: We would try to work with paintings (photoshop made images, brushes, smooth, etc.) High quality Pixel art or a mixture of it and photoshop is accepted and is used right now on our early demo.

Environment Designers - Artist capable of creating good environment designs, proffered if they have architectural lean, where they can clearly design different buildings for further creation of game art.

Team structure:
    We have been operating for a bit over a year now, and this is our team:

Developers:
    -Sabata (me) - Game designer, pixel art support, producer, team leader
    -Trapdoor - My partner, Lead programmer
    -Squeee - Illustrator, Character Concept artist
    -Indy - Illustrator, Character Concept artist
    -Siqsuruq - Web master

Board of advisor's:
    -Windship - Pixel art, Anime artist - A very good professional in industry with over 10 years of experience, he helps me with art related advises when needed.

Website is currently under construction, with new features that include game guide, images, better community, etc.

Our old simple website: A very early client may be found there, feel free to test but don't expect too much yet.
    www.crinistellus.com

Contacts:
    Contact me by e mail:
    sabata [at] crinistellus.com

Additional Info:
    Current build is on version 0.0.5 next version will implement walking, bubble chat, and hopefully some inventory.
    A small teaser:

Any

Lives in City of Zeroes Reputation: 20

This looks awesome! So it's something along the lines of "Harvest Moon" ?

Subscribe to my youtube channel!

Currently playing:
    Nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Valostar View Post
    This looks awesome! So it's something along the lines of "Harvest Moon" ?
    Thank you, yes thats one of the base ideas behind our project, however we will have much more features and classes in Towns Life besides farmer.

Hi!

I'm not applying for the position, I'm a programmer not an artist. However, I would just like to say that I think you have a great idea going along. I've always had a thing for community driven/dynamic game environments, especially ones that move away from your typical hack and slash MMO's.

Also farming!? They've been needing to make a Harvest Moon online game for years and hopefully this'll be the one that people are looking for. It's also good that you'll have different job opportunities as well.

Anyways if, in the future, you're looking for testers or people to just give opinions, I wouldn't mind helping out in that area. Being a casual developer myself, I'm extremely capable of looking at half built games/systems and looking at it from both an overall and future potential perspective. Something I find many people can't do without seeing nice, neat images and bugless gameplay.

Well, good luck!

After a few months being lost in the internet world, I have found my way back to this place...

To start off so sorry for not updating, the project has never been abandoned or ceased its work, in fact we are quite well and producing some quite nice features.

Version:

Current stable version is 0.0.6, however it may not be operational right now due to new updates, we are preparing to make our next release of Developers version build 0.0.7 in about a week.

Note: Developers version means that the build is not ready for playing, its just a preview of game mainly aimed at developers interested to see progress.

www.townslife.com website has been operational for quite a while now, sorry for not letting you know, version 2 of it will be released with the new game build in about a week.

Towns Life Open Design Positions:

Environment Concept Artist – Creative mind, wanted to fill position of environment concept artist to design illustrations of different locations in Towns Life game world. Documentation on different locations will be provided in order to help in design. The works will later be used to create 2D locations in game based on your visions.

Plusses: Ability to work in isometric perspective (+++), Familiarity with Anime art style (++) Knowledge of cell shading (+)

IGD: In Game Designer – Skilled designers capable of working with isometric perspective by following a grid, are very much welcome to work with us on creating level design/maps/locations. Responsibilities will include creating props, tiles and buildings in 2D isometric view by following a grid which will be provided along with a full training in tiles construction and work process.

Initial sketch sample: http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...e/stuffmap.png
    Photobucket is down... will have to upload it later, this is after sketch quick mock-up of new map tiles.
    Note: A lot of reference images will be provided in order to help designers with creation.

Plusses: Ability to create concepts from scratch (+++), Knowledge of cell shading (++)

Characters Designer – Anime designers with great skills in the area are welcome to join our team, various samples of current characters will be provided as well as documentation on each character, anime knowledge and cell shading technique is a must.

Plusses: Ability of backgrounds creation (+++)

You’re a skilled designer? Your position is not listed here but you still would like to work with us? No problem! Just send us a mail and we’ll consider it.

Any feedback is welcome.

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 80

............ Shouldn't you be looking for 2d artist instead of 2d designer O o?
    It's WNxPyrZern. Pleased to meet you.
    Pyr3D.com - My Folio
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by ASNZern View Post
    ............ Shouldn't you be looking for 2d artist instead of 2d designer O o?
    Hmmm for the first time your post made me wonder if there is really a difference between them... so I made a quick research and came to a conclusion that, yes there is, however its so much related to each other and crosses each other that no matter what I say would be the same.

When I say Environment designer I mean an artist to create it, but isn't that also "designing" for example a location based on documentation?

In any case feel free to express your opinion on their differences, maybe I am missing something here

Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 16

I don't suppose that's Squee from TDZK?

I am one of the creators of Two Out Rally, Baseball MMORPG. It's an F2P baseball role-playing game where you start out as a scout and try to reach the top of the world leagues by creating your own players, owning your own teams, and destroying the competition. Sign up and earn rewards as an Alpha Tester!

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch McGritterson View Post
    I don't suppose that's Squee from TDZK?
    Umm, no sorry, don't think so...

Hello again, a good couple of month has passed and a lot of progress has been made, thus I am here to once again let you all know of a new yearly game version release.

Among new features we have:
    -Screen resolution options
    -Auto updating news
    -4 directional walking
    -All new map tiles and map

-Whole bunch of bugs fixed.
    -A new updated website
    -Guide page released on website featuring new info and art.

Visit our website, leave a comment and feel free to ask anything, also don't forget to tell us if you're interested in joining our team.

We are soon to be 2 years in development.