Just Tried the trial........Whats so great about this game?

Hybrid View

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 18

Default Just Tried the trial........Whats so great about this game?

Hi, I'm new to ONRPG.
    Recently I wanted to buy GuildWars, so I tried the Trial.....in my opinion it kinda sucked! There wasnt much to do, I couldnt chat, and before I knew it, my 10 hours were gone so quickly.
    From What I have heard, people tell me that the actual fun begins when you hit 20! So I really want to buy this game, but I dont wanna waste my money on it either. So could someone give me very detailed info(especially on the PvP) or lend me thier account or something?

Ride emí Yoshi Reputation: 18

Heya, welcome to the forums.

Yeah the trial does not give you enough time to really get an in-depth view of the game.

IMO they should make it two full weeks and not just ten hours. But then again since you gain max level easily, you can finish the PVE side of the game and then some in those two weeks

As regards not being able to chat, iirc chat was disabled on trial accounts to prevent botting/gold farming/exploits/trade scamming, don't recall anymore. While commendable, it did prevent those who really played the trial the full experience.

I don't PVP seriously so I leave the commenting to those who do. Here's an overview if you want to look it up.

You can make a max-level PVP character straightaway though, so you can have a go at some of the lower-level PVP formats. High-end PVP might require some further organization, like you being in a guild or knowing a few other people.

It would be wonderful if someone can lend you one of their extra/ unused accounts, so you can really try what you've been denied with the Trial

Ya.....my friend has guild wars and he says its really fun, I tried his PvP char, but I was so confused I kept getting pwned, and I never had enough....balthzar faction I think, to buy good skillz.....so....yea...I really wanna try PvE, especially nightfall or factions

Power_Gamer_6's Pick Reputation: 31

Quote Originally Posted by 2leet4u View Post
    Ya.....my friend has guild wars and he says its really fun, I tried his PvP char, but I was so confused I kept getting pwned, and I never had enough....balthzar faction I think, to buy good skillz.....so....yea...I really wanna try PvE, especially nightfall or factions

Trust me, once you get the PvP stuff... your not going to want to do anything else but that til you get bored and do 1hour of PvE and your longing to get back into the PvP..

I'd say the PvP is kind of Unique in Guild Wars..
    I know I failed in it and never realy got into it, but I heard if you learn and get into it, its a total new PvP feeling...

At least the noob feeling for me was awesome
    Even though I failed my first team and managed to pull out my internett cable during the fight :P

And the PvE side of Guild Wars.. I enjoyed it for a while, I might start again once Guild Wars 2 is out..
    "Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."
    Mark Twain

Yeah....I really wanna try the PvP....but I'm only level 8 in PvE and the trial expires in like 4 hours!

So I wont get to expierence it, I really wish someone would lend me thier account before I actually buy the game....

Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 10

I actually have an account I used to use speciffically for getting people into the game, unfortuanetly I've been using it to gvg recently, but send me a pm and I'll see if theres somethign you can use. If you do decide to buy the game, I highly recomend you do your research in which campiang to buy, (unless you get the trilogy). www.guildwarsguru.com is a good place to start.

To answer your orginal quest about whats absolutely awesome about this game, I'd have to say the complete reliance on teamwork. in any end game areas, or in pvp communication is the absolute most important part of gameplay due to the weakness of indivudual characters. Skills are balanced with the assumption that combinations are availiable to the team, not indivudually.

Outside of those areas, I guess my personal favorite part is making new builds. uit takes a long time to gain an understanding of what is necessary in team builds, but once you have that down theres ome really fun combinations to explore. Of course I do extremely unconventional stuff in random arenas, and it some times annoys my teammates even when it works.

Endgame pve is a bit different than other main stream MMO's due to the relitive lack of a tanking position. There are areas that use tanks, but most of the game can be played with a good amount of defense an a large amount of pressure. at the same time this makes backline positions even more difficult.

The one last thing that I would have to say stands out in GW is the extreme diffiiculty of the end game pvp. guild versus guild requires to to have only 8 people cover three or even four objectives, and often results in 5v3's or other unbalanced positions, requiring a large amount of skill in knowing whether to engage delay or just hightail it out of there. Even in the most unbalanced metagames there are a large variety of viable team builds and strageties that come into play.

For HA, the difficulty is also high for very different reasons. Most of the combat is 8v8 or 8v8v8 with a variety of match types. this means that "spike builds" (builds that can kill enemy players in a fraction of a second unless an enemy monk catches the "spike" at common. Adaptability is traded for extreme damage and defense in hopes of taking over specific points on the map.

as usual my post ended up three times as long as I meant it to. Anyways, contact me if you want to try the game on that account. Its semi-pvp ready, and I could probably get you into a game or two with my guild.
    Guild Wars IGN's: (I have three accounts, so try all of these)
    Primary account: Kumlekar The Slayer/Indigo Sass
    Secondary Account: Life of Frost
    Tertiary account: Miss Poon

Phantasy Star Universe PC/PS2 Server
    Kumlekar

Dark Orbit West Coast Server: Kumlekar (VRU)
    Darkthrone IGN: Why would I tell you that? I hate being attacked.