MMORPG with house system?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default MMORPG with house system?

Hey guys.

I was wondering if there any are decent games with house system.

I'm not talking about a lame system like flyff, runes of magic, which in my opinion is useless.
    I'm not sure if you are able to invite someone to check the house in those game, but even if yes, it is impossible for a random player to check it out.
    You actually need to be his friend to check out. So it sucks.

I'm talking about house system like Tibia.
    I know, I know, you need to pay to get a house, but come on, that was what kept me playing it.

You could really watch other's people items, and this was very interesting, you could really do a show off of your items, it was awesome.
    There was other options aswell, but mainly, what keeps it interesting, its the show off.
    Going through a city, you always stopped in some house to check their items.

So I was wondering if there are any other game where, items are the key to keep playing.

A place where you can actually buy a house and everyone around the house can check out your loots, your drops, what you acomplished, etc.
    Last edited by cyldman; 10-12-2009 at 01:40 PM.

Cingal's Collar Reputation: 18

Runes of Magic has houses. You can hold stuff in them, and some furniture will give you a XP/SP bonus.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 68

mabinogi
    dragonica
    luminary(town)
    seal online
    luna online (farm)
    thats all i can think of for now

Quote Originally Posted by Kostolomac View Post
    Runes of Magic has houses. You can hold stuff in them, and some furniture will give you a XP/SP bonus.
    Yes, I know, but even though, can a random player pass by, and say "Wow, look at Kostolomac house, it rox, he has a golden blabla!"

I think you can't right?

In tibia, you can.
    People gets interested around this, at least I do.
    This is a good way to check if someone is actually a legendary player, I mean if you have some nice drops or something.

You can actually play to improve your house, to be the best, at least as a greedy player, as a legendary player at drops.
    There are certain items very hard to achieve, and if you can really show them off, it means you rulz.
    Last edited by cyldman; 10-12-2009 at 01:44 PM.

Cingal's Collar Reputation: 18

Quote Originally Posted by cyldman View Post
    Yes, I know, but even though, can a random player pass by, and say "Wow, look at Kostolomac house, it rox, he has a golden blabla!"

I think you can't right?
    No. You can invite people to see it, but houses in the game are more for the usefulness rather than the WOW factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Kostolomac View Post
    No. You can invite people to see it, but houses in the game are more for the usefulness rather than the WOW factor.
    well yeah, I understand that, but I really prefer the wow factor other then the useful.

I don't want more stats or more exp for having a house, this will only lead to more grind with no point.

a house with wow factor, you will still be grinding for items, (if you want, tibia doesn't say u need), but yeah, its a point, your actually grinding for a 1337 house, and also, your developing your character meanwhile.

+2 points for a wow factor house

McFox Sandwich Reputation: 13

Teh sims!!
    Playing Counter-Strike:Source / League of Legends
    Waiting for Guild wars 2 / Diablo 3
    Addicted to World of Warcraft

Quote Originally Posted by acrobat1337 View Post
    Teh sims!!
    yeah lol

BUt there isn't a mmorpg for it
    Not anymore...

Banned Reputation: 66

I liked PSU's house system - your Partner Machinery stays in your house, which will sell your items and you can have it do a greeting... There's a mailbox where visitors can leave messages. There's a dressing room where you go to change clothes...
    A lot of the house decorations are hard to get, so you're definitely showing off in that way. For example a certain statue of a boss would only be obtained by beating the boss for a drop to synthesize that statue.
    You can also show off your Partner Machinery (which is a small robot that you can bring into combat as well) because as you raise them they evolve from a tiny robot into like, an android. Visitors can check your Partner Machinery stats and if you have a rare model you can show that off, people can see if you upgraded it to be armor, magic, attack, or ranged based or a mixture.
    There's a lot of redesign things that you can do which add various themes and wallpapers/carpet to your room in addition to furniture.
    Anybody can visit your room unless you lock it.

I don't play anymore, and you probably won't but I thought that game had a good room system <_< or perhaps I just liked it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygBa0-EMakE&hd=1 <- Combat
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBs5fntZ1ck <- Room

Most MMORPGs that say they have a 'housing system', it's just like... a small private plot where you go in and store things. I thought mabinogi's was the most laughable for example, everyone just leaves all their stuff on the ground of their house for a little extra storage. same thing with most other games - it's just not even worth mentioning.

if there's any other games with good housing systems I'd like to hear

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 25

Quote Originally Posted by hobolord View Post
    mabinogi
    dragonica
    luminary(town)
    seal online
    luna online (farm)
    thats all i can think of for now
    seal online has a house system ?? since when.. they don't have one..

anyway..
    trickster online
    emil chronicle online

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast