Thread: MMORPG with house system?

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default MMORPG with house system?

Hey guys.

I was wondering if there any are decent games with house system.

I'm not talking about a lame system like flyff, runes of magic, which in my opinion is useless.
    I'm not sure if you are able to invite someone to check the house in those game, but even if yes, it is impossible for a random player to check it out.
    You actually need to be his friend to check out. So it sucks.

I'm talking about house system like Tibia.
    I know, I know, you need to pay to get a house, but come on, that was what kept me playing it.

You could really watch other's people items, and this was very interesting, you could really do a show off of your items, it was awesome.
    There was other options aswell, but mainly, what keeps it interesting, its the show off.
    Going through a city, you always stopped in some house to check their items.

So I was wondering if there are any other game where, items are the key to keep playing.

A place where you can actually buy a house and everyone around the house can check out your loots, your drops, what you acomplished, etc.
    Last edited by cyldman; 10-12-2009 at 01:40 PM.

Cingal's Collar Reputation: 18

Runes of Magic has houses. You can hold stuff in them, and some furniture will give you a XP/SP bonus.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 68

mabinogi
    dragonica
    luminary(town)
    seal online
    luna online (farm)
    thats all i can think of for now

Quote Originally Posted by Kostolomac View Post
    Runes of Magic has houses. You can hold stuff in them, and some furniture will give you a XP/SP bonus.
    Yes, I know, but even though, can a random player pass by, and say "Wow, look at Kostolomac house, it rox, he has a golden blabla!"

I think you can't right?

In tibia, you can.
    People gets interested around this, at least I do.
    This is a good way to check if someone is actually a legendary player, I mean if you have some nice drops or something.

You can actually play to improve your house, to be the best, at least as a greedy player, as a legendary player at drops.
    There are certain items very hard to achieve, and if you can really show them off, it means you rulz.
    Last edited by cyldman; 10-12-2009 at 01:44 PM.

Cingal's Collar Reputation: 18

Quote Originally Posted by cyldman View Post
    Yes, I know, but even though, can a random player pass by, and say "Wow, look at Kostolomac house, it rox, he has a golden blabla!"

I think you can't right?
    No. You can invite people to see it, but houses in the game are more for the usefulness rather than the WOW factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Kostolomac View Post
    No. You can invite people to see it, but houses in the game are more for the usefulness rather than the WOW factor.
    well yeah, I understand that, but I really prefer the wow factor other then the useful.

I don't want more stats or more exp for having a house, this will only lead to more grind with no point.

a house with wow factor, you will still be grinding for items, (if you want, tibia doesn't say u need), but yeah, its a point, your actually grinding for a 1337 house, and also, your developing your character meanwhile.

+2 points for a wow factor house

McFox Sandwich Reputation: 13

Teh sims!!
    Playing Counter-Strike:Source / League of Legends
    Waiting for Guild wars 2 / Diablo 3
    Addicted to World of Warcraft

Quote Originally Posted by acrobat1337 View Post
    Teh sims!!
    yeah lol

BUt there isn't a mmorpg for it
    Not anymore...

Banned Reputation: 66

I liked PSU's house system - your Partner Machinery stays in your house, which will sell your items and you can have it do a greeting... There's a mailbox where visitors can leave messages. There's a dressing room where you go to change clothes...
    A lot of the house decorations are hard to get, so you're definitely showing off in that way. For example a certain statue of a boss would only be obtained by beating the boss for a drop to synthesize that statue.
    You can also show off your Partner Machinery (which is a small robot that you can bring into combat as well) because as you raise them they evolve from a tiny robot into like, an android. Visitors can check your Partner Machinery stats and if you have a rare model you can show that off, people can see if you upgraded it to be armor, magic, attack, or ranged based or a mixture.
    There's a lot of redesign things that you can do which add various themes and wallpapers/carpet to your room in addition to furniture.
    Anybody can visit your room unless you lock it.

I don't play anymore, and you probably won't but I thought that game had a good room system <_< or perhaps I just liked it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygBa0-EMakE&hd=1 <- Combat
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBs5fntZ1ck <- Room

Most MMORPGs that say they have a 'housing system', it's just like... a small private plot where you go in and store things. I thought mabinogi's was the most laughable for example, everyone just leaves all their stuff on the ground of their house for a little extra storage. same thing with most other games - it's just not even worth mentioning.

if there's any other games with good housing systems I'd like to hear >_>

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 25

Quote Originally Posted by hobolord View Post
    mabinogi
    dragonica
    luminary(town)
    seal online
    luna online (farm)
    thats all i can think of for now
    seal online has a house system ?? since when.. they don't have one..

anyway..
    trickster online
    emil chronicle online

Murxidon's Maid Reputation: 43

lol I was gonna suggest Tibia.. it has the best system to me.. I remember when I finally bought my dream house after 6 years of playing (on different servers and stuff) lol.. but I was happy. I spent a lot of time in it decorating it and showing off my rare items since it was the best located house in the game with lots of people passing it by every minute lol. Cant wait till autumn patch so I can play on a new server and get that house again..

I heard darkfall has a house system now.. dunno how it is.. but its clan base system was pretty good.. so I think the house would be also.. I have no idea because I havent read about darkfall since I quit..

Heroes of Newerth - Powster
    Savage 2 - Powster
    Starcraft 2 - Powster.380 (Master Protoss/Zerg)
    Steam (CS:S, L4D2, TF2) - Powster

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 20

Ultima Online has probably one of the best housing systems I've seen. The deeds are expensive, but if you can find enough flat land anywhere in the wilderness, you can build it. Can build anything from a little shanty to a castle depending on how much you have to spend and for the most part you can decorate it any way you wish.

People often sell their houses or land as well, since wide open flat land is hard to find nowadays. Though if unused long enough, houses eventually decay and it's content are open to the public before the house is removed. The act of taking advantage of this situation (and fighting off others who also want the stuff in the house) is called "idoc"ing. At least I think so anyways.

A lot of people use houses for storage or a place to show off equipment, since you can choose whether or not to make your house open to the public. Some people use houses as a place to keep their tamed/bought animals instead of stabling them. Some people use houses for dueling eachother (since it's private and out of town). Guilds use houses as a place to keep their guildstone (the thing a new member has to use to "sign up") and as a general hang out location. What you use the house for is pretty much completely up to you.

All of this, of course, means that you can invite people over to said house, random people can find it, etc. You're pretty much completely in control. You can even buy and set up vendors in your house, and assuming you actually have decent stuff to sell, it could even become a popular place for travelers to go.

Of course, a legit and (most importantly) free place to play Ultima Online is right here:
    http://www.uogamers.com/

The servers been around for 10 years already, has roughly 1000 players on at all times and shows no sign of slowing down.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 120

Wonderland online greats housing system I must say. They give you recipes and you have to farm everything. But you can also take the lazy way and buy from other players.

Lockhartís are forever Reputation: 10

SWG(Star Wars Galaxies) hands down the best house system <3 from a player build city to a house in a random place o.O

Sandman's Slave Reputation: 80

I thought Perfect World has housing systems? At least town system...
    It's WNxPyrZern. Pleased to meet you. My 3D Character Artist Folio

やめてください! Reputation: 296

Quote Originally Posted by Dreakon View Post
    Ultima Online has probably one of the best housing systems I've seen.
    This. Best housing system in MMO story by far. Useful and attractive.

There's a new game coming out in japan that has been compared to UO called Arcadia Saga. If you don't mind playing foreign games, the 2nd CBT is starting on October 15th. You buy houses, you place them WHEREVER you want and you have to protect it because monsters can and will attack it. It's convenient to make towns with other players so houses are more protected.

But until this game comes out in English, I'm gonna suggest UO.

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 25

Lotro has a nice housing system, altough its p2p.
    :3

Quote Originally Posted by Dreakon View Post
    Ultima Online has probably one of the best housing systems I've seen. The deeds are expensive, but if you can find enough flat land anywhere in the wilderness, you can build it. Can build anything from a little shanty to a castle depending on how much you have to spend and for the most part you can decorate it any way you wish.

People often sell their houses or land as well, since wide open flat land is hard to find nowadays. Though if unused long enough, houses eventually decay and it's content are open to the public before the house is removed. The act of taking advantage of this situation (and fighting off others who also want the stuff in the house) is called "idoc"ing. At least I think so anyways.

A lot of people use houses for storage or a place to show off equipment, since you can choose whether or not to make your house open to the public. Some people use houses as a place to keep their tamed/bought animals instead of stabling them. Some people use houses for dueling eachother (since it's private and out of town). Guilds use houses as a place to keep their guildstone (the thing a new member has to use to "sign up") and as a general hang out location. What you use the house for is pretty much completely up to you.

All of this, of course, means that you can invite people over to said house, random people can find it, etc. You're pretty much completely in control. You can even buy and set up vendors in your house, and assuming you actually have decent stuff to sell, it could even become a popular place for travelers to go.

Of course, a legit and (most importantly) free place to play Ultima Online is right here:
    http://www.uogamers.com/

The servers been around for 10 years already, has roughly 1000 players on at all times and shows no sign of slowing down.
    Thanks, I will definately check it out.
    I know the game is old and I saw some movies some years ago, and I didn't like it.

I said this to tibia too, prolly worst graphics ever, and I did play for 5 years, Maybe i'll give it a deep try as I did to tibia, I might like it.

Snakes Big Toe Reputation: 12

If you go P2P then I suggest Everquest 2.

Sandman's Slave Reputation: 245

Wonderland Online. It has a really in depth crafting system (most people see the alchemy system and think its the crafting). You can build bathtubs, cars, showers, couches, pools,.. the list is really huge. Any random person can walk in your house and check your stuff out. You can also set up shops etc.. the only thing is, you can set your house up anywhere you want. So it looks more like a tent than a house before you walk in it.

http://wl.igg.com/
    Relax and enjoy life

Cloud13's Clown Reputation: 40

Mabinogi
    I believe Atlantica has some city system, but you have to be in the guild.

Also, I hear FlyFF has houses now.
    Vindictus: Inmensus

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 20

Quote Originally Posted by cyldman View Post
    Thanks, I will definately check it out.
    I know the game is old and I saw some movies some years ago, and I didn't like it.
    You might want to hop on the UOGamers forum (or perhaps ask me) if you have any questions about the game because it's not the most "noob-friendly" game in the world. If you can look past the graphics, there's a lot to the game and is easily one of the most rewarding MMORPG's to be a success in.

Hoshigami Reputation: 427

ECO's housing system in interesting. You have to make your airship first but you can decorate it with furniture and junk. It's also used to travel and access otherwise unreachable areas.

PSU's was nice. Your own personal room to decorate plus you can view other shops and change outfits.

Trickster's housing is mostly cash shop based but there's a lot of options. The one I made without any CS items was decent for a single room though.
    Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.

"Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"