Thread: So Luminary; A Newbie’s First Step

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default So Luminary; A Newbie’s First Step

I just began playing an interesting MMO that had a little bit more than your usual that interested me. Don’t be mistaken, it wasn’t the combat or flashy moves that caught my attention. This game I’m talking about is Luminary: Rise of the Goonzu. Before you turn away and dismiss this as another MMO out looking to make a name for itself, I plead that you give me a chance to explain why I was hooked.

Luminary’s depth and appeal lies in more than just its RPG gameplay. The graphics may look dated but beyond that, I loved it. Luminary is the kind that focuses on something more than just the hack-and-slash action, the raids and guild wars. In fact, this game’s backstory tells of how the world just barely survived wars that could have wiped humanity from the planet.

The game gives a lot of emphasis on it s free market economy and political system. Each town has a chief who gets elected into place by shareholders of the town. You might be thinking ‘What? Shareholders?’. Yes, that’s right. Players can buy shares of a town and receive money as the town makes profit. So these shareholders choose the ‘Town Chief’. The town chief can hire other players to perform duties in town so it can earn more money.

Players can craft items, farm, fish and even mine. So if you’re tired of killing monsters, take break and try other things. These skills actually have mini-games with them which help improve the outcome. So you don’t want to get involved with the market but want to make some more money and maybe have some awesome powers? You might want to try to become a candidate for Goonzu; the head honcho player of the server.

The Goonzu can assign 5 ministers for specific tasks on the server and even be able to warp at will! Being Goonzu definitely has its perks. I haven’t been playing for very long but learned a lot because of my mentor. Each new player can sign up for a player mentor who’s supposed to help him until he’s level 50. My mentor was nice enough to practically give me a rundown of how the game works. I’ll probably return the favor someday. But until then, I’ll be trading, farming and maybe build a reputation to someday become the Goonzu.

Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 10

hi there.

Wow nice post.
    I am a luminarian too I never thought that there will be another luminarian here.
    what's up dude??
    it seemed that you find that game too interesting hah, well i must agree cause I really enjoy that game too until now..
    welcome to the forum dude.^^

ohh.. hi there again,

I just want to update you about our game.
    I know that you are still a newbie in the game so there are things you might missed if i didn't tell you..haha
    Currently the voting for the Goonzu is finally open you can vote now, and if you are having problem about the process of voting don't hesitate to whisper me.
    My IGN: Ayakee, and if you need help just ask me okay??
    Oh! one thing more we will have a halloween event also on 31 oct. See you around.. ^^

Luigi’s Pizza Reputation: 10

I'm an idiot. This thread was made months ago. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by ZahinDenatrose View Post
    I'm an idiot. This thread was made months ago. My bad.
    LOL it's okay.. I'm still waiting for some replies here..

Don't hold to anger, hurt or pain. They steal your energy and keep you from love.

IGN: ayakee
    lvl: 90
    Wpn: axe (earthquaker)
    Server: Hera
    Town: Sambara
    Guild: ^^
    Mentor: aurora76