PvP with Low Level Cap

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Question PvP with Low Level Cap

Hello players,

I'm currently looking for a free MMORPG to play. In fact, I don't mind if the game cost an initial fee, as long as it isn't P2P. Here's a list of features that I would like to see in that game.

PvP
    I definitively want a PvP game; this is a must.

Low level cap (or little grind)
    I want to be competitive in a short amount of time. If I can reach a decent level in about 50 hours of playing, I will be happy.

Strategic skill tree
    I don't want to push the same two buttons all the time. A skill tree that adds some strategy is more than welcome.

What I've already played
    • Guild Wars (Too much team based)
    • Ace Online (Too much grind)
    • Rose Online (Too much grind)
    • Gunz Online (Fun, but got bored.)
    • Exteel (I didn't like the gameplay.)

If you have any suggestions, I would be grateful.

Thanks in advance!

Well, it's not quite done yet, but our game might interest you. It's called Grecca, and it's an MMO that entirely emphasizes player vs. player conflict. Player skill plays a much more significant role than character stats and skills (though they do have an effect, too). Combat is completely real time, and split seconds separate victory from defeat. We will be entering alpha before the end of the year, hopefully. www.grecca.net

Thanks, I'm more into the 3D type of games, but I've kept that link in my favorites. I will check it out in a month or so for the alpha phase.

Until then, I wish you good luck with your game!

Baby Bowsers Soiled Diaper Reputation: 15

When I read this, I thought it was a joke because you pretty much discribed guild wars.

Since you dont want guild wars and you say its too team based, AND it has to be b2p or f2p you are really limiting your choices in terms of mmos.

The only game that comes close is maybe age of conan, but that game looks like its dying. I played about 3 weeks ago and its just not happening with with that game anymore. I think you could level up by pvping.

I dont think any other games like that exsist. Maybe you should playDiablo2 type games withe death match and stuff. I'm not sure what any recent ones may be or if those types of games are even made often anymore though.

Maybe find a....*cough* server of a game you may like and level up quickly for the purpose of pvping?

If you'd be willing to play a p2p game, there'd be like maybe 2 or 3 other choices.
    Playing:
    Second Life - Skyrim - Waiting for a decent MMO

Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 12

chronicles of spellborn. its ussualy rated in the top 20 mmorpg on graphics it also uses the unreal tournament 2 engine so its free hit non target based. lvl cap is 50 and 50 hours id say you'd get pretty far if your not stuborn about getting help from quest site.pvp based mmorpg.

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 47

There is not a F2P like that no matter how hard you search. The only game as close is Guild Wars.
    PvP and low level cap doesn't fit into F2P mmorpgs, it's already hard to find a good F2P with decent PvP, but PvP + low level cap is impossible...unless you play...let's say Requiem Bloodymare with PvP twinks at lower level battlegrounds.

Str1der's Stooge Reputation: 52

Dungeon Fighter Online?

Currently playing: FFXIV (Elucifer Arclight, Brynhildr server), LoL (Zacewing, NA server), SMITE (Zacewing)

Quote Originally Posted by Hyena View Post
    When I read this, I thought it was a joke because you pretty much discribed guild wars.

Since you dont want guild wars and you say its too team based, AND it has to be b2p or f2p you are really limiting your choices in terms of mmos.
    It usually takes forever just to setup a decent team in Guild Wars. I usually have about 1-2 hours available to play. If I waste half just getting a team, I have the feeling I simply wasted my time.

Maybe find a....*cough* server of a game you may like and level up quickly for the purpose of pvping?
    Tried and the lack of stability is usually the downfall. Beside, most grind games have exponential experience curves, in other words, the grind usually comes a couple levels after. (Ex : Instead of grinding at level 50 on 150, you grind at level 100. That's the problem with 3x, 50x or 100x exp.)

If you'd be willing to play a p2p game, there'd be like maybe 2 or 3 other choices.
    I'm curious, what P2P games would you suggest?

Quote Originally Posted by girtrute View Post
    chronicles of spellborn. its ussualy rated in the top 20 mmorpg on graphics it also uses the unreal tournament 2 engine so its free hit non target based. lvl cap is 50 and 50 hours id say you'd get pretty far if your not stuborn about getting help from quest site.pvp based mmorpg.
    I will give it a try. I used to be in the early early close beta. (You could only walk around.) I will check it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamaris View Post
    There is not a F2P like that no matter how hard you search. The only game as close is Guild Wars.
    PvP and low level cap doesn't fit into F2P mmorpgs, it's already hard to find a good F2P with decent PvP, but PvP + low level cap is impossible...unless you play...let's say Requiem Bloodymare with PvP twinks at lower level battlegrounds.
    That's the reason why I'm asking, I've search a lot and can't seem to find anything decent. I guess I will have to create it!

Quote Originally Posted by SorenEmblem View Post
    Dungeon Fighter Online?
    If I dislike Chronicles of Spellborn, I will give it a shot.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 151

I'd recommend Shadowbane, despite the main servers being down, some people picked it up and are developing an emulator.

Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Adamaris View Post
    Have you tried chronicles of spellborn? in ways its alot like guildwars in the movement in pvp but with out the target based. and since it was a p2p mmorpg it did have some work put into it. pvp starts at lvl 15 thats when all the maps turn pk area.its not that bad of lvling if you use the quest help site and the cap is only lvl 50.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast