Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: PvP with Low Level Cap

  1. #1
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Montréal, Québec
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Question PvP with Low Level Cap

    Hello players,

    I'm currently looking for a free MMORPG to play. In fact, I don't mind if the game cost an initial fee, as long as it isn't P2P. Here's a list of features that I would like to see in that game.

    PvP
    I definitively want a PvP game; this is a must.

    Low level cap (or little grind)
    I want to be competitive in a short amount of time. If I can reach a decent level in about 50 hours of playing, I will be happy.

    Strategic skill tree
    I don't want to push the same two buttons all the time. A skill tree that adds some strategy is more than welcome.

    What I've already played
    • Guild Wars (Too much team based)
    • Ace Online (Too much grind)
    • Rose Online (Too much grind)
    • Gunz Online (Fun, but got bored.)
    • Exteel (I didn't like the gameplay.)

    If you have any suggestions, I would be grateful.

    Thanks in advance!

  2. #2
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Well, it's not quite done yet, but our game might interest you. It's called Grecca, and it's an MMO that entirely emphasizes player vs. player conflict. Player skill plays a much more significant role than character stats and skills (though they do have an effect, too). Combat is completely real time, and split seconds separate victory from defeat. We will be entering alpha before the end of the year, hopefully. www.grecca.net

  3. #3
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Montréal, Québec
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Thanks, I'm more into the 3D type of games, but I've kept that link in my favorites. I will check it out in a month or so for the alpha phase.

    Until then, I wish you good luck with your game!

  4. #4
    Baby Bowsers Soiled Diaper Reputation: 15
    Hyena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    707
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    When I read this, I thought it was a joke because you pretty much discribed guild wars.

    Since you dont want guild wars and you say its too team based, AND it has to be b2p or f2p you are really limiting your choices in terms of mmos.

    The only game that comes close is maybe age of conan, but that game looks like its dying. I played about 3 weeks ago and its just not happening with with that game anymore. I think you could level up by pvping.

    I dont think any other games like that exsist. Maybe you should playDiablo2 type games withe death match and stuff. I'm not sure what any recent ones may be or if those types of games are even made often anymore though.

    Maybe find a....*cough* server of a game you may like and level up quickly for the purpose of pvping?

    If you'd be willing to play a p2p game, there'd be like maybe 2 or 3 other choices.
    Playing:
    Second Life - Skyrim - Waiting for a decent MMO



  5. #5
    Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 12

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,914
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    chronicles of spellborn. its ussualy rated in the top 20 mmorpg on graphics it also uses the unreal tournament 2 engine so its free hit non target based. lvl cap is 50 and 50 hours id say you'd get pretty far if your not stuborn about getting help from quest site.pvp based mmorpg.

  6. #6
    Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 47

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,166
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    There is not a F2P like that no matter how hard you search. The only game as close is Guild Wars.
    PvP and low level cap doesn't fit into F2P mmorpgs, it's already hard to find a good F2P with decent PvP, but PvP + low level cap is impossible...unless you play...let's say Requiem Bloodymare with PvP twinks at lower level battlegrounds.

  7. #7
    Chrono's Crony Reputation: 61
    SorenEmblem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,360
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Dungeon Fighter Online?


    Currently playing: FFXIV (Elucifer Arclight, Leviathan server), LoL (Trash Tier Waifu, NA server), SMITE (Zacewing)

  8. #8
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Montréal, Québec
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyena View Post
    When I read this, I thought it was a joke because you pretty much discribed guild wars.

    Since you dont want guild wars and you say its too team based, AND it has to be b2p or f2p you are really limiting your choices in terms of mmos.
    It usually takes forever just to setup a decent team in Guild Wars. I usually have about 1-2 hours available to play. If I waste half just getting a team, I have the feeling I simply wasted my time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyena View Post
    Maybe find a....*cough* server of a game you may like and level up quickly for the purpose of pvping?
    Tried and the lack of stability is usually the downfall. Beside, most grind games have exponential experience curves, in other words, the grind usually comes a couple levels after. (Ex : Instead of grinding at level 50 on 150, you grind at level 100. That's the problem with 3x, 50x or 100x exp.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyena View Post
    If you'd be willing to play a p2p game, there'd be like maybe 2 or 3 other choices.
    I'm curious, what P2P games would you suggest?

    Quote Originally Posted by girtrute View Post
    chronicles of spellborn. its ussualy rated in the top 20 mmorpg on graphics it also uses the unreal tournament 2 engine so its free hit non target based. lvl cap is 50 and 50 hours id say you'd get pretty far if your not stuborn about getting help from quest site.pvp based mmorpg.
    I will give it a try. I used to be in the early early close beta. (You could only walk around.) I will check it up.

    Quote Originally Posted by Adamaris View Post
    There is not a F2P like that no matter how hard you search. The only game as close is Guild Wars.
    PvP and low level cap doesn't fit into F2P mmorpgs, it's already hard to find a good F2P with decent PvP, but PvP + low level cap is impossible...unless you play...let's say Requiem Bloodymare with PvP twinks at lower level battlegrounds.
    That's the reason why I'm asking, I've search a lot and can't seem to find anything decent. I guess I will have to create it!

    Quote Originally Posted by SorenEmblem View Post
    Dungeon Fighter Online?
    If I dislike Chronicles of Spellborn, I will give it a shot.

  9. #9
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 151
    Vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In a parallel world.
    Posts
    6,101
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    I'd recommend Shadowbane, despite the main servers being down, some people picked it up and are developing an emulator.

  10. #10
    Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 12

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,914
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adamaris View Post
    There is not a F2P like that no matter how hard you search. The only game as close is Guild Wars.
    PvP and low level cap doesn't fit into F2P mmorpgs, it's already hard to find a good F2P with decent PvP, but PvP + low level cap is impossible...unless you play...let's say Requiem Bloodymare with PvP twinks at lower level battlegrounds.
    Have you tried chronicles of spellborn? in ways its alot like guildwars in the movement in pvp but with out the target based. and since it was a p2p mmorpg it did have some work put into it. pvp starts at lvl 15 thats when all the maps turn pk area.its not that bad of lvling if you use the quest help site and the cap is only lvl 50.

  11. #11
    Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    86
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Try Warhammer Online, it has a relatively low level cap for pvp-based MMO's, but the real fun is that PvP is readily accessible from level 1.

  12. #12
    `Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 26
    Darkhell153's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In your basement >:)
    Posts
    1,433
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Guild Wars, you can access PvP immediately by making a PvP character.

  13. #13
    Link's Dirty Sock Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    42
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhell153 View Post
    Guild Wars, you can access PvP immediately by making a PvP character.
    does GW worth the money?

  14. #14
    Luigi’s Pizza Reputation: 18
    2leet4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    134
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GrPo View Post
    does GW worth the money?
    Hell yes...$20, NO SUBSCRIPTION!
    But It's not meant for everyone, and be sure to get Nightfall.

    Btw, the PvP has kept me busy for over a year so yeah!
    That's What YOU Are but What am I?

    Waiting for:
    Diablo 3
    WoW cataclysm
    December 21, 2012

  15. #15
    Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 47

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,166
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by girtrute View Post
    Have you tried chronicles of spellborn? in ways its alot like guildwars in the movement in pvp but with out the target based. and since it was a p2p mmorpg it did have some work put into it. pvp starts at lvl 15 thats when all the maps turn pk area.its not that bad of lvling if you use the quest help site and the cap is only lvl 50.
    Yes i tried it...and whoever says Spellborn is a PvP game it's just fooling him/herself...it's just a PvE game...and it's empty. It has 100-500 players like max...

  16. #16
    Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 12

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,914
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adamaris View Post
    Yes i tried it...and whoever says Spellborn is a PvP game it's just fooling him/herself...it's just a PvE game...and it's empty. It has 100-500 players like max...
    The game was built for pvp im sorry you didnt get past lvl 10 on the game to see the next maps. and if everyone quit a good game couse lack of community there will eventauly be no community.Im sure the learning curve was to hard for you.

  17. #17
    `Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 26
    Darkhell153's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In your basement >:)
    Posts
    1,433
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Requiem has some pretty strong PvP in it as well if you can get someone to participate with you.
    Other then that you can play in Flyff or Shaiya.

  18. #18
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 269
    Phenoca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Demacia
    Posts
    6,222
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackShaman View Post
    [*]Guild Wars (Too much team based)
    Lol - that was my favorite part.

    tyvm for Grecca-hype.

  19. #19
    Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 47

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,166
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by girtrute View Post
    The game was built for pvp im sorry you didnt get past lvl 10 on the game to see the next maps. and if everyone quit a good game couse lack of community there will eventauly be no community.Im sure the learning curve was to hard for you.
    That the game was built for PvP doesn't mean it success at PvP, the PvP there is a complete joke, make all the assumtions you want about the level i had there...if you feel the game is PvP based good for you...but it's not.

    And obviously...if there are no players i quit a game, i play a mmorpg to play with people...if i want to play alone i play a single player game.

  20. #20
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0

    Default SilverMU

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackShaman View Post
    Hello players,

    I'm currently looking for a free MMORPG to play. In fact, I don't mind if the game cost an initial fee, as long as it isn't P2P. Here's a list of features that I would like to see in that game.

    PvP
    I definitively want a PvP game; this is a must.

    Low level cap (or little grind)
    I want to be competitive in a short amount of time. If I can reach a decent level in about 50 hours of playing, I will be happy.

    Strategic skill tree
    I don't want to push the same two buttons all the time. A skill tree that adds some strategy is more than welcome.

    What I've already played
    • Guild Wars (Too much team based)
    • Ace Online (Too much grind)
    • Rose Online (Too much grind)
    • Gunz Online (Fun, but got bored.)
    • Exteel (I didn't like the gameplay.)

    If you have any suggestions, I would be grateful.

    Thanks in advance!
    SilverMU or FunzMU. Not that these are NOT Illegal because they coded the game themselves. It looks and feels and plays like MU but is a custom coded server.

    SilverMU has extremely high exp rates, so if you want to jump straight into pvp and straight into the game SilverMU is for you. FunzMU is middle exp and as such takes more work. Theres also AncientMU although i have never tried AncientMU or FunzMU myself.

    SilverMU is at: http://www.silvermu.com
    AncientMU is at: http://www.ancientmu.com
    FunzMU is at:
    http://www.funzmu.com

    Tantra Online is also fast exp (like lvl 24 in 10 mins) and I'm trying WYD which seems to be moderate exp. as far as pvp goes, gl on finding 1 that meets your requirements. Although you might want to try Puzzle Pirates, as its extremely easy to play competitively immediately when you start. Also does any1 know of any good mmos With fast exp or low lvl cap that can be run with 64mb of VGA?

    -=-Hawkcohen-=-

  21. #21
    42 Reputation: 13
    Tankster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    in ur bed
    Posts
    923
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Guild Wars. it's not too team based :S god youre looking for an mmo with pvp that ISNT team based? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
    Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth x58 GPU: AMD HD 6970 + HD 6950 in CrossfireX CPU: 32nm Intel Xeon E5645 2.4GHz Hexacore RAM: 12GB 1600MHz DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Triple Channel Memory SSD: 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SATA III 6gbps OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit PSU: Corsair TX750V2 750w Case: Cooler Master CM Storm Enforcer

    Quote Originally Posted by Clemente View Post
    OnRPG's complaint: DEY MAKE ME READ DA STORY
    LOL

    Now Playing: Battlefield 3, Dofus (subbed), Aion.

  22. #22
    Dante’s Inferno Reputation: 15
    airrazr7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    DA ATL
    Posts
    624
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GrPo View Post
    does GW worth the money?
    Well yes it really is. Ive played the game for over 3 years (although i recently stopped). I suggest getting http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Prod...oduct_id=27988, then getting eye of the north (both have great story lines, and i suggest playing through the storylines first before getting into pvp), then get nightfall followed by factions. When you get started in pvp go for random arenas first. Hardcore pvp in this game is rather hard to get into, it will probably take you a year to get in a respectable guild. But other than that you should get the game it is well worth it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •