I was gonna post a topic about this too but you beat me to it XP Ya, I'm pretty interested in this game as well, since I played the version before it closed for redevelopment ><;
But the 26th sure is far away ._.;; And it seems registration is EXACTLY the same as it was last year so nothing hard (minus the verification part where you input hiragana and katakana =X I'm not doing that for anyone unless they're super nice <_<)
Now to wait... (Like i've been waiting for Mabinogi Heroes for who knows how long @_@)
Tried to get into the end of the beta test this morning, but when I clicked 'Start', my mouse made the loading animation, and the launcher screen disappeared...but then nothing happened. I'm not sure what the problem is (I didn't get an error message or anything).
i have already installed and patched the new monster farm lagoon ang installed and start an english version of VPN to prevent the ip block but still i can't get inside the game. why? can any one help me here?
You'll have to wait for OB to play. Don't ask about dates, I'll post them once I know them.
Well, from the google translate (hey, ! can't read japanese, alright? >_>), I'm guessing that on the 11th they'll have a pre-ob/2nd test and launch on the 15th, 2 hours before this post's time. Whether the launch is really OB or not, I'm not really sure. Seems all too soon but we'll just have to wait and see.
So 11th and 15th, 2 hours before this post's time.
Bah, stupid double post prevention mechanism >_>
Last edited by sircusa; 12-04-2009 at 07:34 AM.
As I assume it's different compared to the console versions
It hasn't changed from last year before the redevelopment. Fight until your exp bar has reached full or almost full and feed your pet something. If it ups enough stats, your pet will level up. Different food and food types increases certain stats more and I'm not sure if the pets have likes and change colour based on the food. That's how it was last year.
i was able to run the luncher.. and it was fully patch.. but when i enter my username and password and press the large circle button on the lower right. a promt came up w/c i can not read since i'm not japanese and i can't read japanese
The servers aren't even open, that's why. Right now they're doing tests, so they'll limit who plays and when they play. As of right now, I only know of 2 dates, 11th and 15th so wait until than before asking anything about logging in.
I'd also like to point out, during the last test (people were limited, I was accepted though), the first few days, some people had trouble logging in. (Including me, it was in the news but it was fixed for me on the last day)
To supplement with cusa's partial info (Note all times are in jp time):
- 11th 14:00 - 22:00 Pre-open beta (There WILL BE A WIPE)
- 15th 14:00- Real open beta (There will be NO WIPE)
and, there seems to be something strange going on... as of the closed beta, you can log in normally WITHOUT VPN, but it will throw an error if you try to use VPN.
but... since I heard Paperman(also run by gamepot) has re-blocked foreign ip after that, I wonder if this will happen here too....
Also, some points that I think ppl should know (In case they start to ask after open beta starts. Also, note that this info is based on closed beta so it might change)
- The stats that food will increase can be seen from item info
- In order to learn new atks, use the octagon/square looking red stone that you get from treasures. However, learning it does not mean you can use it right away. the atk's info screen shows the stats required to use that atk. (and learning itself fails sometimes... maybe when you already have a similar atk?)
- It's Lobby based this time... well, kinda of. Go to the port and talk to one of the girls (can't remember which) on the left, then you can either make a group or join someone else's. In order to start a game, group leader has to go talk to the guy in front of a ship
- Item pick-up is random. after you defeat some enemies you see tresure chest icon with a number on top of the screen... that shows how many items u picked up and what the rarity are. You will only know WHAT they are after you finish the stage, and you can only choose a certain amount of them to bring back (I believe that limit is 4 at beginning. can be increased by certain equipments)
- And...yea, the "EXP" bar also fills up AFTER you beat/are defeated in a dungeon. the harder the dungeon, the more exp you get after beating it. (seems same no matter how many ppl you BEAT IT WITH, so in closed beta there were a lot of ppl challenging hard places with full group)
- Wondering why you can't put skills in the empty slots with a grey X? The number of atks at each range you can use varies with breeder weapon (I was hoping that they will change this crap... need more atk slots)
- At beginning, you can only chose certain type of pre-set monsters. It is after a series of main-stream quest that you can make monsters from CD.
(I just hope no one start screaming for help in open chat... since that can possibly speed up the ip-blocking)