Ikigami (Manga Recommendation)

Banned Reputation: 292

Default Ikigami (Manga Recommendation)

http://www.popularmanga.com/read/Ikigami/manga

Basically the summary of the plot is that the japanese government has launched a brand new law: because of the lazyness and apathy of Japan's people it was decided that someone, daily and randomly, will be chosen and killed with a poison's capsule in order to "bring to life again" and wake up the others.

When kids get their vaccines at a young age in elementary school one in one thousand will be given a nano machine capsule that will have a set time to rupture. The date is predetermined (usually age 20-24) but random people are chosen.

The person who got one of those nano machine will be warned with an ikigami (or death's notice) when he/she will have only 24 hours left to live.

The main character of this story is Touhon. He was assigned the job of issuing out ikigami. Basically every month he is given the papers and he delivers them to the assigned people.

Each story in the manga deals with another person's back story and how they deal with the ikigami.

I am guessing that this system has been used for quite some time because society in Japan accept it naturally. If people try to go against it they will be institutionalized and tried to be trained to accept it or they will be given the capsule.

The main character will start to question this system as he meets with the selected people who get an ikigami.
    Last edited by IronyTaken; 11-22-2009 at 02:39 AM.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 67

you know when you made the parasite thread, i had wanted to post in it saying "why don't you just make one recommendation thread?"

but yeah you now know what i'm gonna say to you, right?

other then that this is a good manga, i sorta like reading shit that has some anti-government in it...

edit: can also check out Akumetsu :P
    Last edited by nzrock; 11-27-2009 at 10:12 AM.

Banned Reputation: 292

Quote Originally Posted by nzrock View Post
    you know when you made the parasite thread, i had wanted to post in it saying "why don't you just make one recommendation thread?"

but yeah you know how what i'm gona say to you right?

other then that this is a good manga, i sorta like reading shit that has some anti-government in it...

edit: can also check out Akumetsu :P
    Yah but if I make one thread it stuffs everything into one area making it hard to look through. It is easier to make separate threads to discuss each manga.

Aman Reputation: 193

Very interesting, will have to check it out. Thanks for sharing.

If you rescue me, I'll be your friend forever. -- Loric
    Last.fm
    Hey Raiyne

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 619

read it up to a certain point, wasnt really my thing after all. thanks though if u know any more interesting mature manga's tell me. last 2 weeks ive been reading parasyte, berserk, gantz and homunculus. (homunculus was allot of fun to read, specially in the beginning, but after a certain point it just became weird and sometimes disgusting lol, they could have left out that.)

Currently Playing: Borderlands the pre-sequel

>Screenshot Collection 2013-2014<