Table top vs. Online

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default Table top vs. Online

So I got a stack of old school pen/paper rpg's from my uncle over thanksgiving. Champions was in the stack! I'm just curious... does anyone know how close Champions Online sticks to the old Champions tabletop rules and concepts? If I like the tabletop, I may play the online version...

Lothia's Lurker Reputation: 245

I don't know much, but I know Champions is one of the most complex table top RPG's there is. The online version isn't as complex as the table top when it comes to developing your character .

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

As far as I know the Champions online game bases on the newest version of the HERO System which isn't published until now. So I'm a little bit confused that you say you already have it. Maybe I'm wrong or maybe this system of yours is a different one. Is it part of the HERO System?

Payne, Max Payne Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Fox View Post
    So I got a stack of old school pen/paper rpg's from my uncle over thanksgiving. Champions was in the stack! I'm just curious... does anyone know how close Champions Online sticks to the old Champions tabletop rules and concepts? If I like the tabletop, I may play the online version...
    for me it's the same.. If you are mmo gamer, then go for it..