Would you?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned Reputation: 12

Default Would you?

So...I'm seriously considering getting a totally pimped out new desktop for $10k.

This isn't just the computer by the way, its the monitor and speakers and all a dat sheit. Now...I was wondering if anyone else would be prepared to make such a heavy investment(If you could manage the money). Yes its probably all not necessary to run most games but I've been using shitty *** stock computers all my life. And I want something that will call up a few friends and run train on the games that are coming out today instead of being able to play it fairly well. So yah...

Would anyone else consider buying one? (BTW mine is summin I made on Digital Storm)

Also...Do ya think someone could make some donations shit using paypal and get that much money for a new comp? O.o Doesn't seem to far fetched if you beg I mean...well can't think of any other word for it, in the right places.

Sun? What Sun? Reputation: 20

So your asking people to give you donations to buy a new computer?
    my NEW rp: Mithril: Fantasy

mithril Fantasys website: http://mithrilfantasy.webs.com/

Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 18

If you're going to put that kind of money into a desktop, I would seriously consider building it yourself, and everyone here will probably be echoing my sentiments. It's cheaper to buy the parts individually, plus you don't have to stick to what companies offer, you can generally get newer bits of kit, like ATI's new 5970, which is the best graphics card you can buy.

If you don't know how or are worried about doing it, you can always speak to some tech savvy friends to help you build it, there are also plenty of sites that will tell you how to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo View Post
    If you're going to put that kind of money into a desktop, I would seriously consider building it yourself, and everyone here will probably be echoing my sentiments. It's cheaper to buy the parts individually, plus you don't have to stick to what companies offer, you can generally get newer bits of kit, like ATI's new 5970, which is the best graphics card you can buy.

If you don't know how or are worried about doing it, you can always speak to some tech savvy friends to help you build it, there are also plenty of sites that will tell you how to do it.
    But ordering from them is just like building it yourself without all the hassle. They also offer stuff that'd be pretty hard to get or you just couldn't normally and I live outside of U.S so I can't be dewin to much shippin. And I was planning to get a 5970 :P...well Crossfire at least. Which would be *****in *** kickin. (Except for prolly some driver bugs and the whole profile wait.)

Quote Originally Posted by TKkira View Post
    So your asking people to give you donations to buy a new computer?
    Do you see a link? Or have you read the post for that matter.
    Last edited by Nonsue; 11-30-2009 at 09:30 PM. Reason: -=Doublepost=-

5970 is a dual gpu card, you won't need it in crossfire unless you plan to use about 6 monitors. Alone it can max modern warfare 2 across 3 monitors.

Also, the companies do build it for you, but they charge a bit extra for doing so. It can be quicker to just build it yourself.

Geforces SLI is kickass if your gonna put alot of money into....but CrossFireX is good to...but like Wahoo said build it yourself our get a Custom Pc builder to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo View Post
    5970 is a dual gpu card, you won't need it in crossfire unless you plan to use about 6 monitors. Alone it can max modern warfare 2 across 3 monitors.

Also, the companies do build it for you, but they charge a bit extra for doing so. It can be quicker to just build it yourself.

If you do live outside the US, then why are you using $ btw? It confused me. You from Canada or Australia or something?
    Trust meh...I'd need It in crossfire. I mean sure it won't have much problems for games once they're supported but MW2 isn't that graphically intense of a game. I'm sure something in the near future woud put it to the test.

And.......Sure they charge extra but yah...like I said shipping all those would be a big hassle.

And I'm using $ because I live in The Bahamas if you hadn't noticed. And over hur...seeing as we're so "close" with the U.S. Americans can just use their currency when they come here because the value of our dollar is equal (Though really its like 0.9999999 somethin) and yar...Only thing is that we gotta change ours to American when we go over there though mainly because we're way smaller than America and yar...we're kind of like america's *****.

Quote Originally Posted by TKkira View Post
    Geforces SLI is kickass if your gonna put alot of money into....but CrossFireX is good to...but like Wahoo said build it yourself our get a Custom Pc builder to do it.
    I thought the general belief was that Crossfire > Sli.

Though I have a question for you...how sucessful has your...company been so far. Not trying to troll or anything but I feel as though I could get into some shit like that.
    Last edited by Nonsue; 11-30-2009 at 09:40 PM. Reason: -=Doublepost=-

"Do ya think someone could make some donations shit using paypal"

Thats why i was asking if you where ask for people to give you donations.
    But a custom pc builder well do it and put it together and send it to you. and take care of everything, unlike the some of the companys.

And we are doing decent for a new company. we have almost made a sell on the ZX-27

Nick is a wanker. Reputation: 605

You'll pay 10 grand for a rig that'll last about 4 years while you can get a +-800-1000 usd one that'll last 2 years and save you about 8 grand in the end.

It's up to your e-peen to decide if you want to have it or not. >_<
    I know I wouldn't.

[My Anime List] | [last.fm] | [xfire] | [Steam]
    Quote Originally Posted by duby View Post
    i have no clue as to what a paragraph is

If you are going to get that card, make sure you buy a big enough case to fit it, that card is about a foot long and needs a big *** case, also, I do not know if they have the blocks yet for those cards, so you might need to wait a little bit for those when you order it.

Even though it's cheaper, look into getting one of the lower CPU's (eg the i920) and overclocking it, the thing can go to 4.2ghz with good water cooling. If the company is worth their salt, they'll do it for you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast