Would you?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 19

Dont get an I7 975 for your rig. Complete waste of money compared to other I7s on the market right now.

With an I7 920 U can hit 4 ghz easily with the megahalems. Hell i seen some rigs hit 5 on air with the same cooler. If the folks at digital storm only clocks your cpu to 4

Xeno NIC cards are a waste of money but buy if you got the bling to burn.

For OC'ing the video cards all you need is EVGA precision or some ATI equivalent.

You should buy your monitor, razor mouse, speakers etc off newegg or some other e-trailer. Chances are they gona overprice that shit by a large margin.

All you need is 1 SSD for the OS and another 500GB-1TB HD. Dont see any reason anypoint for a raid SSD

As for spending 10 grand on a PC, i rather get myself a new car ehuehuehe

Banned Reputation: 12

Quote Originally Posted by GooLooGooLoo View Post
    Dont get an I7 975 for your rig. Complete waste of money compared to other I7s on the market right now.

With an I7 920 U can hit 4 ghz easily with the megahalems. Hell i seen some rigs hit 5 on air with the same cooler. If the folks at digital storm only clocks your cpu to 4

Xeno NIC cards are a waste of money but buy if you got the bling to burn.

For OC'ing the video cards all you need is EVGA precision or some ATI equivalent.

You should buy your monitor, razor mouse, speakers etc off newegg or some other e-trailer. Chances are they gona overprice that shit by a large margin.

All you need is 1 SSD for the OS and another 500GB-1TB HD. Dont see any reason anypoint for a raid SSD

As for spending 10 grand on a PC, i rather get myself a new car ehuehuehe
    10 grand is a bit em...cheap for a new car isn't it? o.o As in it likely wouldn't be new, new to you sure but yah.

Anyway, I suppose that I don't need the 2 SSDs and 2TB mainly because I'd prolly never use one SSD...I was just going to be ballin like that, BUT!

I wanted the Xeno thingy cuz my ISP is retarded or summin and I do recieve plenty lag alot of the time so I was just gonna try it out...plus they're only like $100 or so and stuff.

Also didn't realize that there wuz cheaper i7 cards or summin and yah

Nick is a wanker. Reputation: 596

Quote Originally Posted by Nonsue View Post
    I wanted the Xeno thingy cuz my ISP is retarded or summin and I do recieve plenty lag alot of the time so I was just gonna try it out...plus they're only like $100 or so and stuff.
    If your line is bad, the card barely or even won't help at all.

[My Anime List] | [last.fm] | [xfire] | [Steam]
    Quote Originally Posted by duby View Post
    i have no clue as to what a paragraph is

Banned Reputation: 12

Quote Originally Posted by SnOwBunZz View Post
    If your line is bad, the card barely or even won't help at all.
    I'm just really unsure as to what it is...Its supposed to be DSL but it seems seriously slow...a 100K/B download speed is the MAX I've EVER downloaded.

Thought that it had something to do with wireless connection and router and such but I went to a family members house and they've got wireless and routers and shiz the sameish set up as us. Except they use cable and I started some download that took me 5 hours to finish and the shit said and did finish in 10 minutes so I was like .

I just think that the company is ripping people off but I can't really tell if they are and such. Ghey thing is that my dad works for them though not in the internet department but yah...I also noticed that sometimes at night the internet must slow or some shit because I play HON all the time usually in the day and its fine but when 10pm or later comes around I start lagging like ****.

Its really annoying =/ The basterds.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 260

Actually just the other day I went on Alienware and created the most monstrous gaming PC I could. It was pretty much 10k lol.

Its still not worth it though. Even if you put building it yourself out of the picture, its cheaper to get a PC that will be amazing for 2 years every 2 years than it is to get a PC that will be amazing for 8 years. And that's being generous, who knows how good a 10k PC will be in 8 years.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123