Banned!

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 10

Default Banned!

My 2 year old world of warcraft account has been banned today, shortly after my password stopped working(i'm certain it was changed) and i changed it to something else. The "reason" they gave me is that I was supposedly buying or selling in game items. Which scares me because I haven't been on any of my 80s since the password situation. I'm afraid they might have taken my items and sold them or something. Anyone here on misha server and seen a Hurgroshu or Apadwakaga advertising gold spam websites or advertising selling items between the hours of 2:50 am (when the theif changed my password) and 111 am (when i changed my password) central time?

I'm really upset that they would even think I would do something like this after giving them my time and money for 2 years, and NEVER breaking any of the rules.

*sob*
    ~,Eep,~
    X<%>X<%>X<%>X<%>X<%>X<%>X<%>X<%>X

PS3 - Swhirlwind - CoD:MW2

Ride emí Yoshi Reputation: 12

did you try calling blizzard yet, and telling them the situation. I'm not really sure if blizzard has a appeal kind of thing, but there customer support is pretty good. Just tell them that someone hacked your account, changed the password, and when you got it back it was banned. They will be able to track the ip adresses and see that whoever did it probably logged on no where near your current ip.

Sucks that this happened, but blizzard is gona ban accounts that they see gold selling. Hopefully they will be able to do something. I know they return items to you that hackers delete/vendor, so maybe they'll help.

I told them the situation and i got an email saying that he transferred me to another branch. But i can log in now, so I'm not sure if they reversed the ban or not.

and now all my items are gone on my 71 hunter 76 DK 80 shaman and 80 druid... :'(
    Last edited by Eeparpopps; 12-05-2009 at 05:46 PM. Reason: -=Doublepost=-

Super Moderator Reputation: 189

Yes. That's usually what happens when your account gets hacked. The person steals your items, gold, and usually gets the account banned.

Shame, but theres nothing you can do about your stolen items now.

Retired Staff Reputation: 51

they can unban but with no gold and all items will be gone. There gonna ask you to send them a scanned image of a picture ID with your name.
    MEMBER Since 2005

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.

Super Moderator Reputation: 195

if you talk to a gm

you can get them to roll back your characters so their items get restored(via the mail)

They unbanned me and mailed me all my items back the next day. I waited 10 hours on a GM ticket just for them to tell me they knew of my issue already .