Worth starting for new players?

Lothia's Lurker Reputation: 245

Default Worth starting for new players?

I wanna buy the FFXI ultimate collection, but a friend told me this game is really not nooby friendly, and everyone is already way ahead, making it hard for noobys to catch up. Is this true?

Lockhart’s are forever Reputation: 13

With FoV's and having a decent server you will have no problem starting up.

Just play on Asura and make sure you use FoV's once a day (gametime) which is once every hour or so. Believe me its pretty easy to level now and once you hit level 10 you shouldn't have a problem finding a group on Asura. Just make sure you roll windurst or San o'doria........not many people go Bastok really ever.
    Eorzea Union Follower

http://www.eorzeaunion.com/

Lothia's Lurker Reputation: 245

Quote Originally Posted by DragonSword53128 View Post
    With FoV's and having a decent server you will have no problem starting up.

Just play on Asura and make sure you use FoV's once a day (gametime) which is once every hour or so. Believe me its pretty easy to level now and once you hit level 10 you shouldn't have a problem finding a group on Asura. Just make sure you roll windurst or San o'doria........not many people go Bastok really ever.
    What exactly is FoV? How do I start it? I just started yesterday and I have no clue what I'm doing. There is not nooby quest to help me understand the game mechanics or anything like that. I just roamed around the map randomly clicking on npc's hoping to find a quest or something.