World of Warcraft Christmas Contest

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 149

Default World of Warcraft Christmas Contest

Please do not move this topic as this is the most popular area of Onrpg.

The winner and runner-ups will be announced on December 30th.

I have an extra World of Warcraft box (Original vanilla only) that I'm going to be giving away for Christmas. The more I think of it the more I think this is a crappy gift. "Hey, here's a $20 gift, but you gotta give it more money to keep enjoying it". Oh well.

Please:
    Only apply if you honestly and truly want to play World of Warcraft.

Do not apply if you do not have money/don't plan to buy the expansions and/or following months as there is honestly no point in having it otherwise. If you're only doing this to play the game for free then use your google magic to find other ways to do that.

Requirements:

Must be at or over 14 years of age.
    Must have at least 50 posts.
    Your account must be at least three months old.
    Must have answered every question.
    Must have never of had an active World of Warcraft account before. (Trials excluded)
    You must be willing to play on my server and faction, which is Turalyon/Horde.
    Must have time to actually play the game.
    Must be able to run it, of course.

How to apply:

Send me a private message on these forums with the subject named WOWCGA and the body being the following questions copied with the answers next to them.

What is my username here on the Onrpg forums?

Why do you want to play World of Warcraft?

Why have you waited until now to try it?

If you've played a trial before, why didn't you go through with it?

What race and class will you be? I don't know yet is acceptable as an answer.

What is the max level in WoW?

Who is the main enemy of the current expansion?

What is the name of the next expansion?

How much does buying one month, The Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich king roughly cost locally?

Are you willing to pay that?

How old are you?

What is your timezone?

How often will you play?

If I said I was a healer, what class name do you immediately think of?

I will be selecting three runner-ups who will receive a refer-a-friend invite which is basically a souped up 10 day trial. If you do not win, do you want to be eligible for this?

Winning
    If you are selected as the winner I will reply to your application informing you so. I will then send you a refer-a-friend invite (If you rather use a normal trial instead of a RAF, say so), you will make your trial account and begin playing. At the end of that ten day trial if you are still actively* playing and still want to play, I will give you the activation key for the game. If not, I will do this same procedure with the first runner-up. All of this is to ensure this gift doesn't go to someone who never really wanted it in the first place. If you do the trial and find out you don't want to play it, that's perfectly fine, just let someone else have it.

Runner-up

As said above, if you choose to opt-in for being a runner up I will send you a Refer-a-friend invite. What does this do for you? If you party with me you will receive 3x exp** from monsters and quests. Also, we can summon each other*** once every hour.

More information here. http://us.blizzard.com/support/artic...rticleId=20588

*You should at least be level 20 (max trial level) by the end of the 10 days. It's not that hard to achieve that.

**This depends solely on how active the winner/other runner-ups are. I may or may not have time to party with you. The 3x exp ends at level 60 or after 90-days. (So do the teleports)

***Really useful if you need to go to main towns. If I'm not in the middle of something I'll gladly do this.

I think that's everything. I reserve the right to modify the requirements/rules/questions at anytime with or without your notice and blah blah.

I know all of this seems extensive but I'd like the person who wins to actually play the game instead of quitting at level 7 and wasting the gift (No offense). I also know forcing the winner to play on my server and faction is selfish but most of my friends quit (pre-new expansion syndrome) and it'd be fun to help someone learn how to play.

Please post your questions and comments if you have any.
    Last edited by Jrgsubzero; 12-22-2009 at 09:16 PM.

Detective Kirby Reputation: 18

I'll give you $50 to delete your topic.

Retired Staff Reputation: 492

"Hey, here's a $30-50 gift, but you gotta give it more money to keep enjoying it""

30-50 bucks???? where?

Sounds kinda like a fancy way of getting a free month for yourself, but good luck to whoever wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    "Hey, here's a $30-50 gift, but you gotta give it more money to keep enjoying it""

30-50 bucks???? where?

Sounds kinda like a fancy way of getting a free month for yourself, but good luck to whoever wins.
    I'll change it to $20 since that's the official price. I went by what I last saw it at a store as. Which was target...and 2 years ago.

The person who wins doesn't have to use a RAF. If I really wanted a free month I'd make a second account and enjoy 3x whenever I want.
    Last edited by Jrgsubzero; 12-22-2009 at 09:20 PM.

Phantom's Freak Reputation: 69

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    If he just wanted a free month I'm pretty sure he'd just do it himself since he already has the vanilla WoW in hand.

But anyways, good luck Jrg and everyone!

Currently Playing: Path Of Exile
    Waiting For: Life Is Feudal, Black Desert, Tree Of Savior, Peria Chronicles, Star Citizen
    Wanting To Try: TERA, Entropia Universe, AION, Blade & Soul, The Elder Scroll Online, ArcheAge, FireFall, Entropy

Quote Originally Posted by Showy View Post
    If he just wanted a free month I'm pretty sure he'd just do it himself since he already has the vanilla WoW in hand.

But anyways, good luck Jrg and everyone!
    Or I could just ebay it and get $15 for a month right there. :P

Retired Staff Reputation: 492

Quote Originally Posted by Jrgsubzero View Post
    Or I could just ebay it and get $15 for a month right there. :P
    I was joking, but yeah, it's nice of you to give one away. I still have an extra one I won't use, so if there's anyone else who wants one after the winner, lemme know.

Sandman's Slave Reputation: 120

kind of offtopic but... hows your server progression wise? might roll an alt on it hehe

Quote Originally Posted by tiger1526 View Post
    kind of offtopic but... hows your server progression wise? might roll an alt on it hehe
    One of the best.

Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 134

Is it me or is this some kind of shameless way to get yourself a friend in WoW? Meh, don't care much.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast