Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Scared of Death

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 640

Quote Originally Posted by Zymbaline View Post
    Let me make this clear: I'm not scared of dying, but I'm afraid of losing the people I love.

If I could just "get over it", do you really think I would consider it a problem and write about it here?
    It's basically the same thing, isn't it? (was not aware due to having jumped into the thread kinda late)

However, you might be projecting some trust issues. No matter if or not, just enjoy yourself and try to keep up the mental hygiene of a safe environment as good as your lives allows you to.
    Everybody has problems in his life that normally don't show up on the surface. I am not telling you to just "smile your way through", but do you feel that it hinders your daily life and affects you that much?

The way it sounds from the OP, you probably won't find the time, to get on track by yourself and the help of your friends/family, easily.
    Otherwise get some prof. help that can mentor you on how to get all this sort of thoughts of your chest.

If it's the "panic attack" sort of thing, you are probably going through some stress. Just don't be alone and tinkering in those thoughts all the time and keep in mind that there is no point in overburdening yourself with responsibilities that are not really reasonable and also not helping you.
    Last edited by Ronin; 01-10-2010 at 10:14 PM.

Stay frosty.

V-Opolis

Quote Originally Posted by Zymbaline View Post
    Let me make this clear: I'm not scared of dying, but I'm afraid of losing the people I love.

If I could just "get over it", do you really think I would consider it a problem and write about it here?
    honestly dont pay attention to half the people at Onrpg when it comes to advise, its funny to read it, but not to follow. Majority of people are badasses who cant get addicted to ANYTHING, can win any fight, can forget/get over anything at the drop of a hat, just all around badasses that make everything seem so simple. Since you want help and am a normal person without superhuman mental powers, all you really can do is 'soul search', and come to peace with yourself. It could take years. Bout only way to 'get over it'.
    Last edited by V-Opolis; 01-10-2010 at 11:33 PM.

Norrin Radd's Nerd Rage Reputation: 45

Quote Originally Posted by V-Opolis View Post
    honestly dont pay attention to half the people at Onrpg when it comes to advise, its funny to read it, but not to follow. Majority of people are badasses who cant get addicted to ANYTHING, can win any fight, can forget/get over anything at the drop of a hat, just all around badasses that make everything seem so simple. Since you want help and am a normal person without superhuman mental powers, all you really can do is 'soul search', and come to peace with yourself. It could take years. Bout only way to 'get over it'.

Rofl@v-op.

CRITICISMCRITICSIMNOANSWER

1 line summary of what you just posted.
    Last edited by Pluto; 01-11-2010 at 01:04 AM.

Power_Gamer_6's Pick Reputation: 51

you got some problems lady.

i'm go with the flow about everything, if people die, nothing i can do about it.

if i die, oh well hope i lived awesome enough
    Quote Originally Posted by Caius Cassius View Post
    The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars,
    But in ourselves, that we are underlings."

Heads or Tails Reputation: 47

I cry like a little girl when no one's looking.

@thread starter: I think it helps to write what exactly you miss about other people if they passed away. And if you told those people how much you missed them and how you feel right now.
    Last edited by KniteOps; 01-11-2010 at 01:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by opshon
    "I am the king of Faggotry and I hate people who have life's"

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 120

Does that mean she shouldn't listen to your advice also. Spending your life thinking about when your love ones are gonna die is ridiculous. Unless they are horribly ill already don't get yourself all worried about it. It's nartural for the parents to die before the kid. I know my mother is gonna die before if fate
    plays it out right >_>. I'll deal with it by not really thinking about it I'll deal with it when it happens or something comes up.

Quote Originally Posted by BadpcGuy View Post
    Does that mean she shouldn't listen to your advice also.
    No. She shouldn't listen to advice like this: Oh why don't you just go take a knife and kill all your loved ones. That way you don't have to think about what happens if they died and are no longer with you because they are now already dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Vopulis
    I have shoulder problems. What do you guys think it is?
    AAAAAAAIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSS.

V-Opolis

Quote Originally Posted by KniteOps View Post
    No. She shouldn't listen to advice like this: Oh why don't you just go take a knife and kill all your loved ones. That way you don't have to think about what happens if they died and are no longer with you because they are now already dead.

AAAAAAAIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSS.
    wheres that second quote from? please humor me and tell me where it is. I know where it came from, i need the humor frist tho.

On one of the forum boards I used to visit, the Q&A section got trashed into asking about penis questions i.e. "Hey guys. My weiner is x feet long. Am I okay?" "Hey guys I think I broke my penis." I think one of the moderators there got so disgusted with how the forum board turned out that he just start trashing all those threads with the response: "AAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDSSSS"

@topic: Zymbaline is it accurate to state that you're really afraid of other people dying per se? Or are you more afraid of being alone / abandoned? People can still live but never see each other again.

V-Opolis

On one of the forum boards I used to visit, the Q&A section got trashed into asking about penis questions i.e. "Hey guys. My weiner is x feet long. Am I okay?" "Hey guys I think I broke my penis." I think one of the moderators there got so disgusted with how the forum board turned out that he just start trashing all those threads with the response: "AAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDSSSS"

@topic: Is it accurate to state that you're really afraid of other people dying per se? Or are you more afraid of being alone / abandoned? People can still live but never see each other again.
    well, you clearly misunderstood my thread then...and im pretty sure its the abandonment that gets her.

$$$

There's never anything wrong with therapy. I'm not saying you're crazy or anything, but if it's that bad...

well, you clearly misunderstood my thread then...and im pretty sure its the abandonment that gets her.
    Rewind: I said advice you shouldn't listen to: ex) stupid comments. Ex) Knife. Ex) AIDS

@thread: Perhaps you could think about how much thinking about other people would hurt them in that it would hurt your chances of living up to your full potential and they would start worrying about you as much as you worry about them. Therefore causing your concern to bring about negative results for both of you. As retarded as I sound here's a recap: Not caring about them once in awhile will show that you truly care about them because they want to see you looking out for yourself. Again I know nothing about the people you live with and am just bs'ing out of my own ***. But hey, whatever.

@skald: The sad part is I think you're the first one to recommend a therapist. A+. For psych 101 I had a therapist who stated he would have patients with similar symptoms who would have trouble separating from people they loved and couldn't stop thinking about them. He brought up the fact that they couldn't recognize the importance of boundaries and that giving other people their space is an important sign of growth. I wonder what type of psychiatric drugs they would prescribe. Hmm...
    Last edited by KniteOps; 01-11-2010 at 01:54 AM.

V-Opolis

Rewind: I said advice you shouldn't listen to: ex) stupid comments. Ex) Knife. Ex) AIDS

@thread: Perhaps you could think about how much thinking about other people would hurt them in that it would hurt your chances of living up to your full potential and they would start worrying about you as much as you worry about them. Therefore causing your concern to bring about negative results for both of you. As retarded as I sound here's a recap: Not caring about them once in awhile will show that you truly care about them because they want to see you looking out for yourself. Again I know nothing about the people you live with and am just bs'ing out of my own ***. But hey, whatever.

@skald: The sad part is I think you're the first one to recommend a therapist. A+. For psych 101 I had a therapist who stated he would have patients with similar symptoms who would have trouble separating from people they loved and couldn't stop thinking about them. He brought up the fact that they couldn't recognize the importance of boundaries and that giving other people their space is an important sign of growth. I wonder what type of psychiatric drugs they would prescribe. Hmm...
    still dont see how I got brought into it?

and at your @thread...good advice.

HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 34

@topic: Zymbaline is it accurate to state that you're really afraid of other people dying per se? Or are you more afraid of being alone / abandoned? People can still live but never see each other again.
    It's the dying part, I don't want them to die. I don't know how to describe this, but it's like..
    I want to be able to talk to them, be with them, help them, and at least see them.
    I'm scared that one day I'll wake up and for example find out my grandmother's dead (she's my best friend, I know it sounds weird to you but she is). I would DIE.

And I've lost a lot of people that were close to me, about eleven.
    The fact that I'm "experienced" doesn't help at all, it just makes it worse.

Sonicís Milkshake Reputation: 23

I just hope there is something after death, it makes me feel relaxed, and no its not god and heaven more like lingering ghosts.

Lothia's Lurker Reputation: 68

Do you fear of your own death or of those around you ? I'm slightly confused.
    "Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference"

HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 34

Quote Originally Posted by EpicPhail View Post
    Those around me.

Quote Originally Posted by EpicPhail View Post
    Seriously?

Lothia's Lurker Reputation: 68

I read OP and then posted, as a majority of posts revolving around death or the likes here seem to lead to some perverted jokes or the kind of "Intellect" I'd expect to see in 4chan. I'd much rather just post and ask .

Anyway, for the most part you will see someone die in your life time. It's unfortunate, however being fearful of it is something new to me. I've personally had 2 friends die in 09, and my grandfather. Never once did I become "Fearful" of people around me dying. I'm aware that people could die.. But It's something you can't prevent. When it happens I'll deal with it.

I can't think of a way to really "Cure" the way some one thinks. You're unique and think the way you do because you're you. I don't understand how to make the thoughts go away, however I suggest you try to replace these thoughts with different ones when they happen. IE: What will I do when their gone..: Remember when we .. ?

Of course this could lead to deeper depression since you think about them leaving and then what you'd be missing but It's worth a shot ?
    "Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference"