Thread: Need a Quick Answer to a Quick Question

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10

Default Need a Quick Answer to a Quick Question

Hey techies! i've had a question for some locals but they can't seem to answer me since most tech's around here do not play games...

anyhow i have been trying to play a recent MMO i fit every requirement and i played it before on my old laptop (ran XP at that time) but i can't seem to get the game to run on the new Vista enabled laptop without an error message and i heard a rumor that some games just don't support Vista64 they just support Vista32

Is this true? and would it be wise to even install a virtual OS of Vista32 in case more games i wanna play have the same issue?

thx

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 733

Go to 'Run' (winkey + r) and type in 'eventvwr'. In eventviewer go to windowslogs, after that to applications.
    Search in there for the game you are playing (the name of the original file, not shortcut) and post the information here.

edit: to not dodge your question: yes it is possible it won't run on 64bit systems, although those are usually very old games which you can still play with minor tweaks.

I am not that familiar with virtual OS', but the XP mode on win7 does not detect my GPU, so it'll be pretty pointless.

[My Anime List] | [last.fm] | [xfire] | [Steam]
    I should update this but all my effort went into writing this lousy excuse.

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10

ah well i just realized that the game i was trying to play only supports Win 2000/XP/Vista32 managed to translate some pages so looks like i'm stuck because i no longer have my XP disk since i gave it away with the old laptop i sold

so since the XP mode most likely is not going to help me, would you say it's possible to replace 64 with 32....i'd rather be able to play anygame anywhere than have something current and not fully compatible

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 733

It is possible, but you'll have to format and have the files for the 32bit setup.

Are you sure there isn't an unofficial fix for the game?
    And with XP mode, I didn't mean compability mode.

[My Anime List] | [last.fm] | [xfire] | [Steam]
    I should update this but all my effort went into writing this lousy excuse.