so, male mithra

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fat Bowser Reputation: 10

Default so, male mithra

or "miqo'te", as they are deemed in 14.

I have heard different stories from countless people. "It's still female-only". "It'll have males and females this time".

In FFXI, Mithra were known to have both male and female members of the race, it was just that the males were so rare (think male Gerudo in the Zelda universe) that they were basically kept at home, away from any danger, to make babies. Sounds like a good life, sure, but by golly, I'd love to play as a male Mithra; DEX is the most important stat in any game to me if I'm playing any non-magical class, as HITTING the enemy as much as possible in the first place is very important to me. They also have not-too-bad mage stats, and I like the way they look. I'd rather play as my own gender, though, and you'd think that after nearly a decade and a whole new world and all they'd invent gender selection. Yeah, that'd mean female Galka too, but as weird as that would be and with female Galka not even existing in XI, think of all the female Ogres and Trolls and such in the EverQuest games--even worse. Not that there's like.. any, but you know.

So, yeah. Any information or 'proof' supporting or denying the existance of male Miqo'te as playable (or female Roegadyn) would be welcome here.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 184

I don't really see it happening to be honest, and if it happens I'm pretty sure we get a female galka too.. lol

Staff Admin Reputation: 29

I also don't think they will make a Male Mithra... but didn't they do it in FFXI recently? Or was that a dream of mine.
    I wish they would add a single new race that is not what they currently have or allow me to make my hair lime green... (not really).
    But for disprove I would state that they have had no announcements of a male miqo'te.

Moderator since Aug 2004. I am a guy.
    Email me at lothia@gmail.com
    FFXI Tsukisa: 60pld/30War (retired)
    The OnRPG War

Spyro’s Burning Cough Reputation: 10

Female Only.
    They've already released the races, and gender, i see no reason why they'd be hiding a gender from us -.-

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 184

Lothia, that's only an NPC.

Ah, I knew that it was something, well if they did do that small release I think there is a chance that they could make them all multi-sexual. They could just do something with the Galka like what happens in real life (the male is larger then the female). And could make a more petite better looking female version that would have subtle differences (similar to how Oblivion and Morrowind sometimes make male and female slightly different for some races in their attributes).

The OnRPG War

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 12

Man I was just waiting for the news earlier on of a male mithra for 14.. but nope.. kinda depressing.. D:

Also.. this
    Quote Originally Posted by lothia View Post
    I wish they would add a single new race that is not what they currently have or allow me to make my hair lime green... (not really).
    It just seems like they are recycling the races to me.. but changing them.. and I don't really like it, making galkas without a tail for one, and making taru freakin scary.. I wish they would've just made all new races for 14, and leave all our much loved races of 11 alone D: or like you said adding alteast one new one
    Last edited by Kikku; 01-21-2010 at 05:54 AM.
    FFXI forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Kikku View Post
    Man I was just waiting for the news earlier on of a male mithra for 14.. but nope.. kinda depressing.. D:

Also.. this

It just seems like they are recycling the races to me.. but changing them.. and I don't really like it, making galkas without a tail for one, and making taru freakin scary.. I wish they would've just made all new races for 14, and leave all our much loved races of 11 alone D: or like you said adding alteast one new one
    No I completely agree, I wanted all new classes and was originally disappointed when they announced these exactly the same races. That's why I wanted just one new one that could have been a late release, as well I would have loved a male mithra as I wanted to play as one this time. But I will be a taru since I know people who where kick *** Paladins that where Taru's .... but they also had super expensive gear.

The OnRPG War

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 25

Well they explained in XI why there are no female Galka. So they wouldn't have to put female Galka into XIV. But with the NPC introduction of Male Mithra's, it really wouldn't be a longshot for them to add them in as playable in XIV.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeonswitch View Post
    Well they explained in XI why there are no female Galka. So they wouldn't have to put female Galka into XIV. But with the NPC introduction of Male Mithra's, it really wouldn't be a longshot for them to add them in as playable in XIV.
    Well we aren't dealing with Galka anymore we are dealing with Roegadyn , and I cannot stand looking at the exact same set up. It's completely stupid to continue the 1 sex for both of those classes I think it will be one of the major pit falls SE has for FFXIV and might make a lot of people reluctant to play.

The OnRPG War

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast