it could be a very good game

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Link's Dirty Sock Reputation: 10

Default it could be a very good game

I tried this game and even if it is at its infant stage, it has already annoying things. These things are as follow.

1- They have a weight limit that you can carry in your inventory. NOT popular at all with players.

2- Not only you use MP for your skills, you also use SP. The SP is not available like MP potions. You have to kill mobs to get it up, but the down side is that if you use skills it won't go up that much. You need to kill them without skills to bring it up. It is also used to by skills and it should be limited to that purpose or anything that it is not related to skills.

Also, you are only allowed 1 char free for this game. If you want others you have to pay like $3 or $4 which I think is a crime.

For the rest it is pretty good and I love the idea of the Seal Tower where there is NPC that offers you quests. As you lvl you will get more and more of them and you can repeat them. They tell you what is the mininum of players needed and also the maximum for each one of these quests.

I will stop playing it and come back in a few month to see if they decide to get rid of SP for skill spamming and the weight limit for inventory.

I hope this help a bit

Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 10

Yes I have to agree the MP SP thing is annoying. And the fact that the Character creation actually costs money is STUPID and ignorant. These two things really drive many players away.

Also, I was playing as an archer in lower lvls and the only way to get arrows was to spend half my fortune on arrows at the store or to make some from Festival stones. 1 stone to 5 arrows. And arrows are used up pretty fast, e.g. 5 arrows to One mob. And festive stones drop like once every 10 mobs. Which kinda sucks cus i needed to beg others to give me free stones.

NPC for leaving beginner area is also located deep inside cave of trials, which is stupid since the quest description was unclear and I ran to town fruitlessly, then ran my a$$ back to the cave again. By the time I reached the main town I was bored out of my !@#kin mind and I just quit the game

But, true, with proper editing, this game could be as popular as flyff... They just need to get minor irritating problems like these out of the game. For a game to be successful, i.e. an mmorpg, THE BEGINNER'S stage has got to be the MOST important part. If people get bored in the beginner's stage and think the entire game is a grind, NOBODY would play it. In this aspect Allods has done very well With a personal starting quest in a seperate map etc... These are things I have never seen before in any other free mmorpg.

Conclusion: Game sucks overall, but has potential. Waiting for official release. They shouldnt even make it OB so quickly, seems the closed beta test didnt help much at all hehe. Alot of minor probs that make the feel to the game less enticing for new players..
    "WoooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo OOOOOOOW! I get it! Yeah!"
    "You do?"

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

I agree, this game definitely has potential. It's kind of sad to see it going to waste with some small but game breaking features. The weight limit doesn't bother me all that much, it's not something I would stop playing for. I know this is also a small gripe, but its kind of ridiculous that shamans(healers) can't revive people unless they are partied with you.

I also don't like that the population is sooo low. Or maybe that was just me that noticed. Anyway, as for these things being fixed in the future, I don't think it'll happen, at least not anytime soon - it's taking them quite a while just to release Episode 1 because the game was released way before it should have been, and beta testing was virtually non-existant.

Things about the game I DO like: the community, though small, there are some really nice people. The master/apprentice feature - I've seen it before, but it's pretty well done in this game, with incentives for both mentor and student. I also like the classes - Demon Hunters that can wield dual guns? That's a pretty rare sight in games. The instance tower is pretty cool too, and the game has a good amount of quests to keep you busy.

If they decided to fix the problems in this game, and perhaps listen more to the (small) playerbase, this could become a pretty good and popular game.

Online Phantom Reputation: 228

the korean server has been closed.

luckily this is a japanese game lol.

Slllluuurp Reputation: 20

If you sign up to try out this game, then I suggest you do so via the Event Page here on OnRPG.

Signing up through here, you get a chance to win an awesome n52te game pad!

http://www.onrpg.com/MMO/event/Brigh...r-Key-Giveaway

"Whip out all evils!" - Aurora Blade
    "Nine Destinies, Infinite Possibilities!" - Dragon Oath
    "Revenge is a waste of time." - Warrior Legend
    "Colonize Stars, Conquer the Space" - Galaxy Online (<3 IGG)
    "To survive or to die, use your wise!" - Rise of Empire
    "Players can ban together!" - Maple Story

Link's Dirty Sock Reputation: 10

Yeah I just signed up to get to level 15 for the contest today.

I was having fun until I got my job. I assumed attributes would reset when you change your class. Was I ever wrong. And of course I put all my points in the wrong attributes and to reset it I have to pay somewhere around 30 dollars. Yep never playing this game again. Well maybe if they reset attributes for free like some games do, which I'm guessing will be never.

Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 159

I played the TW version of this game. Really enjoyed it.
    I never noticed the MP SP thing. I guess when you're in a party you both gain SP every kill?
    I don't really remember the game - but I especially don't remember having ANY problems with SP.
    It was an english community so we were never alone, and we grouped and AoE'd monsters to level up - some guy gave me a mount when I just started. Great great game.
    I never tried this version though.
    The game does have a lot of potential.

T
    Might be some information in this thread:
    http://www.onrpg.com/boards/96413.html
    Last edited by Songz; 04-03-2010 at 06:51 PM.
    Me, Me, Me, GF |&| Me! D;!

Playing Panzar and Dawngate

Click for my Minitroopers!

You can check my old videos on

my YouTube channel if you're interested...

Don't you dare quote me!

Don't you dare Rep me neither!

I don't want your petty influences upon my soul!

Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 10

Well this being my favorite MMORPG ever. I couldnt help but post here.

I've been playing the Japanese version for over 2 1/2 years. I also played the TW version. I never could find the English community on there though. I got to 84 on the JP version and 66 on the TW version. The English version was released and took part in CB OB and have still been playing.

Recently Gamepot has made even the very loyal players very angry with them. They made it 3.5x harder to level from 69 to 70. Thats how much higher of a grinding curve you have to now take in order to reach 70. They also took out the free card trader mount. So now its 5-6 $ for a 30 day mount. Having seen how the game should have been (from playing the other versions) and how the English version is Ive decided to do what I can to make a private server for Bright Shadow. I have started up a social community website for people to show their support. The link is: http://brighter-shadow.wackwall.com Just to be clear this is not for making any money.

as for the SP problem mentioned that only happens if your fighting monsters that are strong to your type of class. (Melee damage, Range damage, and Magic damage). I actually like the overweight feature.
    Last edited by ugr101; 05-16-2010 at 11:51 PM.
    Bright Shadow JP
    Guild name: Blazing level 10 all guild skills
    Shanaシャナ 85 Paladin
    Trigger 58 Gunner
    wシャナw 41 fighter
    YujiSakai 40 fighter
    Hirai 48 Cleric

Bright Shadow TW
    Shanachann 66 Knight

Samus' Girdle Reputation: 10

I've just poped on to it...doesn't look bad!

Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 74

How the **** can a shadow be bright

Why does this section exist

bam pow bam

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast