MapleStory vs. WonderKing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Pellet Eater Reputation: 10

So, I played WK to give it a try, It's actually pretty fast paced; I find myself bashing the keys and watching numbers (and monsters) fly across the screen.

I actually like the quest system in WK over the one on MS.

Thing is, WK was JUST released in the US. It has room for improvement and of course it has its set of hackers. (i've only seen one hacker so far but i've only played for about 10 hours)

Remember V.36 of GMS? It was hacker-galore!

WK is being a bit laggy since the sudden uproar of new players but surely it will die down in a bit.

(To MS' defense I've played MS since BETA and i CANNOT let go of it. I see myself trying to level a bit a few years from now. WK still has to earn the LOVE that I have for MS.)

RichieAce - 3x NW
    (NOT ENDGAME, he's gonna help his main with that skill..)
    Feel free to add me in Broa.

Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Dinard Baylew View Post
    Pretty much this.

Yo, what lv are you by the way?
    At this very moment, I am level 114.

I tried my hand at WK, extremely turned away by it. The keys + graphics don't connect well. It's even worse when someone else is in the map. But like I said, just play it for the fun.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Thumbs down You fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    IMO MS graphics are way better. One reason is, the character isn't tiny as shyt. Another is, you aren't crosseyed in MS. Did I mention, the weapons and armors are ugly and the skills look gay in WK?
    This right here just angered me enough to make an ONRPG account...

I played MS since GMS was first released. I loved it until the fact that I ran out of fun things to do. The classes got extremely repetitive and I found myself bored with nothing to do but GRIND or PQ. Which PQing honestly gets extremely boring after a while.

There is just one main point I want to get across to you before you click the red X button in the top right. WK IS FREEEEEE! You dont have to buy NX to enjoy the game. You wont be spending $500 a year on items that expire and hair that fails and also on 2x cards because MS GRINDING SUCKS! The point of WK was to make ALL the features priceless.

I just recently started playing the OBT for WKO and I LOVE IT I couldnt ask for a game with more interesting classes. I didnt just play the first 5 minutes and quit like most of the people in this thread. First of all you need to get to 30 before you look cool... I have played MS for long enough to know that the armor is GAY! I can not stand the looks of MS characters anymore. If you are under the age of 10 then maybe yes you will like MS more then WK because WK is too advanced for your tiny little brain. Im sick and tired of little kids saying "WKO is too scary for me" that is so stupid! I am done with little kids and their nonsense.

The WKO community is scarce because of these threads right here. Because people do not take the time to try the game out instead of just looking at this thread and giving up. Please give consideration to WKO before you go and kick it out of your mindset. Plus people need to give WKO time to be like the Korean version. Because the NA (North America for you stupid people) Version just was released so yes it is going to have some little problems but soon it will have the content from KWKO which will rock your guys' worlds.

[PS for all you noobs who think MS came out first you need to grow a pair and learn your facts. Thanks.]

To the guy I quoted. If this looks gay then you must be blind...

Because this FAILS! vvvvv

YOU SAY THAT WK have "tiny pieces of shyt" characters look at MS! Hahahahahahaha. FAIL!

I forgot to mention some skills... Here is a high level ninja in WK that didnt take 92837412 years to get to lvl 200....

Here is the Maplestory Assassin most powerful attack...

Riddle me this. Which one looks more intense? One guy has spent a super long time to be able to fight the all puny Zakkum or the dude doing the legit missions in WK which on that note are WAY better then PQ in MS. There are about 200 more Missions then PQs. So yeah MS lovers just comes to show in the end who has a life and who doesnt. MS people spend a lot more time and money on making a high level character then a WK character.
    Last edited by shadoboy13; 03-25-2010 at 06:19 AM.

Illgamez Insomniac Reputation: 17

I thought your post was going to be a respectable one until I saw that your main defense for WKO was attacking MS. There is no better game. You like WKO over MS, the next guy thinks the opposite. Attacking MS (especially focusing on its aesthetics, I mean really that's like Apple ad status) just makes you and your argument look shallow and stupid.

By the way, MS was indeed released before WKO.
    Last edited by xChrome; 03-26-2010 at 12:28 AM.

Super Moderator Reputation: 115

shadoboy13 please be respectful to others, no need for all that trash. <.<

The thing that ruined WK for me, was how they handled the game.

Literally every patch made the game worse.

But on the other hand, Nexon is really putting maple down the drain.

The massive hacking that happened recently was really bad.

Last edited by KillHannah; 03-26-2010 at 11:45 AM.

Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 16

Quote Originally Posted by KillHannah View Post

shadoboy13 please be respectful to others, no need for all that trash. <.<

The thing that ruined WK for me, was how they handled the game.

Literally every patch made the game worse.

But on the other hand, Nexon is really putting maple down the drain.

The massive hacking that happened recently was really bad.

I honestly like the way maplestory's characters are made: http://akatsukiexiles.files.wordpres...maplestory.jpg

And don't worry about him, he doesn't know what hes talking about at all.

" YOU SAY THAT WK have "tiny pieces of shyt" characters look at MS! Hahahahahahaha. FAIL! "

The image he used is small.

"I forgot to mention some skills... Here is a high level ninja in WK that didnt take 92837412 years to get to lvl 200...."

Thats a game master.
    ( P.S.) check out the wonderking forum and see whats going on atm.

Riddle me this. Which one looks more intense? One guy has spent a super long time to be able to fight the all puny Zakkum or the dude doing the legit missions in WK which on that note are WAY better then PQ in MS. There are about 200 more Missions then PQs. So yeah MS lovers just comes to show in the end who has a life and who doesnt. MS people spend a lot more time and money on making a high level character then a WK character.

*evil laugh

Its zakum and hes actually much bigger then any of the bosses in wonderking. Second, "the legit missions in wk" that mission portal actually has hackers in it with a record of 7seconds. There are actually not 200 mission portals in wk, more like 20 and no they are not better than PQ.

and to end it off! *drum rolls*

" MS people spend a lot more time and money on making a high level character then a WK character. " - thats all.

Default Maplestory? Naaa!! Anything but Maplestory

Maplestory is crap... END OF! You cannot get anywhere without NX! Levels 1-30 are easy as heck with grinding or 'Party quests' but by the time you get to 30... To umm.. Let's say 30-200 What is the point! Grinding it pretty much time consuming taking 12983712983 years to get to 200 which is pretty much why there are MILLIONS OF HACKERS.

Money? Mesos? That's pretty much the hardest part of the game and that's why you can't get anywhere without NX if you don't wanna waste money on this game. People who have bought NX via SMS Codes sell them for mesos, probably 5 Millions mesos per SMS Code. I don't know I have played this game for ages. SMS Codes are worth 4750 NX? correct me if I am wrong.

If you've never heard of Maplestory and you think that 5 million is A LOT? *Facepalm* I'm sorry to say but items that are sold by other people are over well over priced which can range to 1 mesos (Ah! So happy so happy!)to... 2 BILLION? I'm sorry but did I just say 2 BILLION?!?! (Trust me i've seen items like that >.>) By the high demand of NX (Real money) in exchange of mesos it has caused a hyper super ultra inflation in maplestory. When you're at level 10 and you've got around 10k? *Tinkles down the drain* Buying potions and armour consumes it like acid on ice! Sorry but you're broke and you're only level 10... Fail

*Sighs* Let's get back to leveling up! As I already said leveling is as hard as BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP. The only way to level up quite decently and quickly are part quests. What's that you say? Well it's a group of strangers who meet up usually 6 of them who do a quests which you need a party to complete it with... A 'Party'quest I should of just typed that. There are many party quests but if you're at the lower level end of the level range i'm sorry but they won't accept you and call you a 'noob' (Jeez that's harsh... I know).

Ohh man... So much more to talk about! But i'll just leave it as there. If you decide to play Maplestory despite the things i've just said.. Good luck!

However, I hate to say it but it's actually quite fun! It's like heaven and in your dreams where the girl of your dreams and you kiss.. kiss... =D Well for the first months of playing it, but then it starts to get quite repetitive and boring. But if you're strong enough with enough time, then you're sure to get to level 200... Whilst playing in your grave. *Facepalm* ARGH! I just can't say good things about this game! It just fails! But if you really want to check out this game? Go ahead! Just don't expect too much from this game and you will 100% get addicted!

Default Which one to choose

Well maplestory was my first and it was pretty fun and all. I like the huge and i mean hugeeeee community. Made lots of friends in parties and stuff. After lvl 30 it got kinda boring with all the pq and stuff. And after lvl 40 u cant buy armour u have to make it -.- or go to Free Market and pay 10 mil for one hat don't even get me started on scrolled weapons -.-. Without NX this game really sux and since i dont live in NA it pretty hard to get NX. I love the level cap though 200 one of the highest . I came back for big bang but that disappointed me seeing that they just switched lvling from pqs to really heavier grinding. Maplestory has plenty of varieties in class and skills are pretty awsome.

Wonderking main difference is actual PvP and not Pqs which are PvP replacements which as stated are not even used any more because of big bang.
    I like the graphics i think its much crisper. Also WK has wayyyyy better questing than maplestory i dont even know the point of maple questing. The skill animations are supreme.

I think Wonderking is just as equal as maplestory just depending on how you look on it. Of course most people will defend Maplestory because it was probably their first game and is so popular they don't even give a second thought about other games, but you should try both and decide which you think is better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12