Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aika Online = Pay to Win!

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 10

Default Aika Online = Pay to Win!

I'm really cheesed off at the moment. My posts on the official Aika forum have all been deleted (clearly players are not allowed to voice any concerns or criticisms about the game).

So I'm going to post them here (up you gpotato!).

Anyway, I've just found out about the Aika cash shop mounts.

Cash shop mounts.

The difference:

In-game mount - An increase in movement speed (when riding), and one slot for mount magic enchantment - basically like the magic effects you enhance in accessories, except that you use a mount-specific stone.

The effects enchanted on the mount are still active even if you are not currently riding it. Also, the effects on a mount are much higher than, lets say, on an accessory. Finally, quest mounts are permanent and do not require anything else to ride.

Cash Shop mount - different look from in-game mount in terms of color-scheme, and a glowing halo under its feet. The base speed is the same, since I have neither. The biggest difference is that you can slot THREE mount enhancement stones in your mount instead of one.

Also, a cash mount will instantly give you a bonus 800 hp and 200 physical defense. Remember, these effects do NOT require you to be riding the mount to be in effect, possessing it is enough.

Note that in TAika, a cash mount is TIMED, lasting for 30 days at the start. In order to continue to use your mount, you must buy mount licenses to extend the time you can use the mount.
    I dunno about you, but I think this sucks! Not only is the cash shop going to sell overpowered mounts, but you'll be able to buy overpowered weapons and armor too. What fun! He with the biggest bank balance wins!

Here is another potentially great game ruined by a cash shop.

Note: If you're rich and willing to waste a lot of money on a game, then ignore everything I've said. You'll love it!
    But for everybody else, if you're interested in playing Aika, do everything you can to get into the beta's, because once the cash shop opens, you can kiss fair and balanced gameplay goodbye. Make the most of it while you can!

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 25

an F2P game where you have to pay to win ?? what on earth is going on with the world ?!??!

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 347

800hp and 3 slots are nothing later on. Even archers have 12000 hp. That's not what i call pay 2 win.

Quote Originally Posted by zaberisk2 View Post
    also, bodybuilders donīt eat healthy

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 13

It's not that bad, if it was a % then that'd be pay to win for sure.

Hence why everyones in such an uproar over the 50% perfume stacking in allods.

Though I haven't read about all the cs stuff in aika, hopefully it's not as bad as allods

Pellet Eater Reputation: 22

To be honest, if 800 HP and two additional enhancement slots are all you have to worry about in Aika i might just be moving to it once it goes OB and such. Because truthfully, you have to keep paying to keep that going. As opposed to be able to do it one time and one time only in the game and having it for life. Essentially it's actually a downside for anyone who uses the CS. If they want to keep their minor buffs they have to keep paying for it. That's far better than being forced to pay for major buffs to be competitive as it's going to stand right now in Allods.
    My Blog - Shadrah's Guide to Gaming

Steel Series 10th Anniversary Competition:

http://steelseries.com/10?code=XzSmmr0G (My personal link.)

Stop on over. I'm pretty new to blogging. I've just recently started.

Sonicís Milkshake Reputation: 15

Yea, really dude, it's not that big a deal. F2P games have basically been like this for quite some time, it's about which cash shop is fair to players who are poor...er players who do not want to pay, and those who do, it's about which one has the least amount of bias.
    Currently Playing:
    N/A

Yeah. If Aika is only going that far with their CS then I think you're going to see that game really shine. Even if they sell armor in the CS. Allods is doing that to. So, don't fret. It could be just like Allods in that regard. You can buy chests from the CS in Allods that give random armor and such. You can't guarantee what you get so it's basically just a way for people without common sense to waste money.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 23

I wonder how can some games make nice money from CS and not sell any kind of item that debalances pvp at least a little. Look at Dekaron it's a PK/PvP heavy game and they don't sell anything that changes the balance in the cash shop, they did once for about 2-3 weeks there was some ring which gave insane dmg and crit chance but the community went crazy and they removed it. So if they can make enough money without de balancing CS then so can other companies too, but they just decide it's easier and faster to make their games pay to 2 win.

That's more the fault of the community than the game, to be honest. P2W works because we, the players, continue to let it work. There are still far too many of use that would rather spend a few bucks than actually learning how to win on our own. As long as we keep paying for it, the companies will keep dishing it out. Sadly, there are too few of us trying to fight those types of Cash Shops for it to ever be changed.

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 10

Now this is what I was hoping to see. Some other points of view. Thanks guys, your comments have made me rethink things, maybe it won't be as bad as I fear.

But why the hell can't this be discussed on the official forum? What is wrong with gpotato? Are they really so paranoid?

I'm not flaming the game, I'm just concerned about some things, but I'm willing to listen to other people's opinions and I'm more than willing to to be proved wrong.

In fact, I hope I am wrong! Cause I've really been looking forward to this game.

They did the same thing with the Allods forums. Basically, if as topic is heated they delete most of the posts for it and try to force people to stay in one central post about it. The same thing happened with FoD and Perfume with Allods. They deleted the bulk of the posts that were being made but left the central post people started alone. GP is pretty quick to get rid of any type of post that will just start negativity. I can't really blame, them, of course.

Just bide your time, to be honest. If those mounts are all you have to really worry about, I wouldn't be too down about the game. That doesn't seem like it's too big of a gamebreaker to really matter. As I said, it really does hurt the people paying for it more than it hurts you. It's a minor addition to them that they have to continue to pay for. While you get your normal buff for free forever. Look at it this way. They could have made mounts CS only. That would have been gamebreaking.

Firor's Fury Reputation: 78

Just to add in another piece of information before comparing it with allods, aika is more pvp based than allods. Moreover, they pretty much removed pvp from allods from that ridiculous patch.

Still learning the ropes Reputation: 14

what did you expect from gpotato? you cant even fart without CS items in flyff...

McFox Sandwich Reputation: 12

I saw videos of this game they more like rose online long running on big map and skill base game play, i like it but i just dont like the gunner char if the monsters are near the gun is outpointed on the monsters head.

HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 12

I am also had been waiting for this game to come out. It's kewl and huge! I don't mind the Cash Shop. It's always the same with all the games I've played. As long as you spend little and your character is strong, it's good. People always complain about Cash Shops when they know it needs cash to run a game. If you can't afford it then play at your level of game play but be thankful you can play free games such as this. Aika is one of the best f2p games out there.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 228

Quote Originally Posted by djudjud View Post
    an F2P game where you have to pay to win ?? what on earth is going on with the world ?!??!
    exactly~! what an atrocity this is ~! someone call the relevant authorities~!

Pipster's Punk Reputation: 52

Dont compare Aika cash shop to Allods. First of all we dont even know how the cash shop of Aika will exactly look like. Allods just released their cashshop, and its even worse then I expected it to be. 15$ for 10h of competitive pvp, 20$ for 6 more bag slots. A complete joke imo.

Since I have close contact with a friend that plays TAika with a lv61 paladin. I will say this. Cash shop is NOT overpowered at all. Sure, it helps with exp, item upgrading, mounts, etc. Every f2p cash shop have these things. You cant compare it with Allods at all. At 60+ some classes already have 20k+ hp, so you think a few hundred more hp will really matter? A cash player should always have a small advantage, over people that want to play for free. So a skilled free player with unique gear(hell difficulty dungeons), will beat a skilless cash player with "good" gear easely in pvp. Then again, its hard to compare. Since even in 1v1 pvp, certain classes just do better then other classes. Like rock, paper, scissors.
    Last edited by Beatrix23; 02-19-2010 at 11:18 AM.

Another Topic just like NeoSteam Atlus where You Pay to Win too. With a game as good as AIKA, I'm sure a lot of willing players will bite their CS System. Unfortunately, we don't know how their system works as of this time but We already have the idea basing on other CS dependent games out there.

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by MrTingTing View Post
    800hp and 3 slots are nothing later on. Even archers have 12000 hp. That's not what i call pay 2 win.
    This. Snipers have 7k hp at lvl 50ish and paladins have like 20k.

oh gawd 800 hp and moar def oh god we're all gonna die omg gpotato ruins gamez omg omg i'll just go play allods instead

Banned Reputation: 161

Every game has cash shop mounts, now stop qqing.

Raiyne's Rock Band Reputation: 20

Quote Originally Posted by w02k View Post
    what did you expect from gpotato? you cant even fart without CS items in flyff...
    What are you talking about? you only need CS items for the end game dungeons. They'll only cost you about 10 - 20m at most which is easy to make.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Talking

If you are not good at PvP you are dead meat even in your shiny cash-shop armor

Maybe you will not be instakilled, and maybe it will takes 2 or 3 seconds more to down you... but your items aren't making your own skill.

Who really wins are ppl who knows their classes and knows what to do, when to do and where to do. Items may help, but are not enough to make a winner. imho.
    --
    :3 Andrea :3

Murxidon's Maid Reputation: 43

Quote Originally Posted by arimicci View Post
    If you are not good at PvP you are dead meat even in your shiny cash-shop armor

Maybe you will not be instakilled, and maybe it will takes 2 or 3 seconds more to down you... but your items aren't making your own skill.

Who really wins are ppl who knows their classes and knows what to do, when to do and where to do. Items may help, but are not enough to make a winner. imho.
    So this game takes skill..? I quit at level 1 since beta was ending next day lol.. but if this is a good pvp game I will play.. cash shop doesnt bother me that much as long as gameplay is good.. havent been into a mmorpg in a long time.. tried to enjoy allods but it was to painful after a few hours lol.

Heroes of Newerth - Powster
    Savage 2 - Powster
    Starcraft 2 - Powster.380 (Master Protoss/Zerg)
    Steam (CS:S, L4D2, TF2) - Powster

Quote Originally Posted by mewmew7 View Post
    die omg gpotato ruins gamez omg omg i'll just go play allods instead
    Allods is on gpotato too.
    Last edited by frannecice_311; 02-19-2010 at 10:16 PM.

Murxidon's Maid Reputation: 43

That's really not that much figuring the games stats are ridiculously high.
    Atleast it HAS in game mounts.

LoL: Chris Tacos