Legends of Arteix

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10

Default Legends of Arteix

Introduction
    Legends of Arteix is a 2D ORPG where you can play with your friends in a retro world with a skill system inspired massively from Runescape. The game is far from perfect (XtremeWorlds limitations), but it has a lot to offer.

Download
    Binaries

Story
    Once long ago, the Kingdom of Arteix was a peaceful land, humans and creatures lived in peace without conflict, but one night, one of King Harold II's court mages Aldith was working on his.. dark magic. Dark magic had been outlawed from the Kingdom from days when the dark mage council opened the Portal of Obedientiary, in an attempt to get magical creatures for cheap labor, Aldith was attempting to use a dark spell known as Schism, to split the land among the humans and creatures..but instead, caused all the once peaceful magical creatures to become in raged! They began raiding towns within the Kingdom of Arteix! The king sent out a decree asking all able bodied citizens within the kingdom to join the fight among the humans and creatures.

When you start off on your journey you will have to select your class. There are five types of classes; warriors, rogues, archers, mages, and druids. Each class can advance further into their job, and they all have their own special abilities. You start off stranded on an isle, where you have to return to Runyei. Runyei being the capital of Arteix.

Screenshots

Classes
    Warrior
    • This is a melee class that can take the most damage from attacks, and they hit the hardest overall for melee.[/*]

Rogue
    • This is a melee class that does damage very fast, but similar to the Warrior class. They also have abilities to get to or away from targets very easily.[/*]

Archer
    • This is a hybrid class between Mage and Warrior. They have long range attacks and spells, but these long range spells can't be spammed.[/*]

Mage
    • This is a range class that deals the most overall damage in range, but can be hard to level and PvP with if inexperienced. They also are very squishy compared to all other classes.[/*]

Druid
    • This is a hybrid class that can either be a melee or archer type form. There are many different kind of forms you can use, and can do the most out of any other class, but they do lack overall since they are given so much.[/*]

Features
    • Classic gameplay like it should be done with a retro feel.
    • No over complicated systems like you see in today's games.
    • Portal system to travel easily around the game.
    • Updated regularly.
    • Skills (woodcutting, firemaking, mining, smithing, fishing, and cooking).
    • Many areas and items to discover.
    • Guides to help make the game easier for new players.
    • Books to tell about the game's story, rules, and a basic overview of what the game consists of.
    • Signs to tell players information about the area that they are heading to.
    • Quests.
    • Events.
    • Groups.
    • Guilds.
    • Create your own custom house for you or your Guild - with a custom portal and kick out feature.
    • Several game user-interfaces (press F1 in the main menu before logging in to change it).
    • Customize your character with the sprite change system.
    • Community wiki.
    • Much more!
    Last edited by Hellator; 10-01-2014 at 02:47 AM.

Gabriel's Guardian Reputation: 85

Haha weird, I was just looking at this over on the Mirage boards. I'll give it a whirl.

Heads up though, your going to get smacked around by some grumpy e-peens.
    Games & IGN
    Wurm Online Leviathan
    FFTA2
    Last updated May 31 2010

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 108

Awesomeness, downloading right now.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 120

Hmm....the UI looks familiar.

Phantom's Freak Reputation: 62

Quote Originally Posted by BadpcGuy View Post
    Hmm....the UI looks familiar.
    I hate it when people post in the centre, makes my eyes move.................................................. ..........................................THAT much more than they have to
    Don't agree with what I say? Go f**k yourself.

Playing
    -League of legends- IGN Sythalron
    -Men of War: Assault squad- Send me your steam and I'll add you.

Quote Originally Posted by thedudesam View Post
    I hate it when people post in the centre, makes my eyes move.................................................. ..........................................THAT much more than they have to
    I Know what you mean, especially when using a 1920x1080 or wider screen.

Banned Reputation: 75

i am going to try the game now looks nice better than RS but how is population ?

Default Game

It's fairly new, I am the owner. I am developing a new edition of it using a more powerful engine and such. This is the classic game, but the population is fairly decent. (8-12 active online all day) I'm working on getting it more populated, but it's still worth a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellator View Post
    It's fairly new, I am the owner. I am developing a new edition of it using a more powerful engine and such.
    Those "Modern" screenshots on your website, are those from the new edition?

Yes they are. I'm working on an RPG game as well. More information can be located in the forum. The RPG should be out in a couple days, but the Modern verison of the game will be out in 5-12 weeks for Beta. (Depending upon how fast we work)

The classic server will be up as well. We're planning on keeping 2 dedicated servers for Modern and Classic.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast