Freestyle Basketball Online [Gamekiss MMO]

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 10

Lightbulb Freestyle Basketball Online [Gamekiss MMO]

YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Freestyle.gamekiss.com

Tips and Overview

It's a unique sports MMO that has frequent updates and player hosted/GM events for prizes ranging from GKASH(ingame money which is bought with real money) and IPODs. It's both for the competitive and casual player audience.

Similar to DOTA, it requires individual skill and team chemistry to win games, so yes there are many ragers and try hards in this game but that only makes it more gratifying when you trash them. The learning curve can be difficult whre moves requires precision, timing, and overall knowledge of the game.

Customization is incredible vast in this game, different special characters and many clothes to pick from. Clothing allows you to add different attribute bonuses to your character, so pick wisely according to your playstyle and make sure you get them.

Play against other players and teams in 1v1, 2v2, or 3v3. The game runs on P2P connection so playing on a host that is close to your area (West/Central/East) maybe reduce key lag during the game. Before each game starts, small bars will be displayed near each character, though this is unconfirmed from my experience Yellow=East Central=Almost Full Green West=Full Green. If you are yellow and the host is also yellow then this means that he/she is near your area, therefore the P2P client will favor you in terms of key delay.

When you start the game and create your character, make sure you do Missions which are on the left side tab of your Character Select screen. It's a good way to get to know the basics of the game and also earn some extra EXP and points.

Just a reminder, dont expect this game to be anything like real basketball or realistic basketball simulations like NBA 2K10, it's more of a arcade version of basketball.

Since all of the tournaments so far is 3v3, that's where you want to go to gain knowledge of what it's like in the competitive scene. It isn't a requirement to 3v3all the time, you can use pickup 2v2 and 1v1 to learn the basics.

Don't be turned off by the skill level in rookie channel, that's where everyone learns how to play the game. Not to be stereotypical or anything but don't expect to recieve the ball much from someone named Kobe24xxLAL24. Team compositions help ALOT. Your going to need at least one shooter and one man down low in the post to get the rebounds. C/G/F or C/G/G are two recommended
    combos.

Why am I posting to get you guys to play a game that already came out awhile ago?

It's a unique one of a kind MMO, that actually is done right. The problem is many new players have quit because of the learning curve of the game (easy to learn and hard to master) and neglect of helping new players in-game (ie; Heroes Of Newerth), there are plenty of guides and videos to help out new players BY players *I will post these on the bottom of the page*.

Also since the game is runs on a P2P client so lag is an issue when players from different areas play together in one game. More people playing would benifit this greatly, as more people come in the population increases and we can finally have different channels for different areas with a good amount of people in each one.

Video/Text Guides

khoa1708's Video

On Scoring:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFBu_t7x8f0

On Rebounding:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2gbrKsS_ew

On Point Guards/Main Passing
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeFZyuD_6YQ

On Kukgi/Pass Riding (Technique)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovJvR...eature=channel

Visit his site for more guides:
    kh0a.com

Gamekiss Tips And Suggestion Guides:
    *Note some guides may be unclear with terms and skill names used in higher levels or play.*

Shooting Guard by Niko:
    http://forum.gamekiss.com/gk/view/16/43722

Small Forward by Niko:
    http://forum.gamekiss.com/gk/view/16/14789

Center Guide by andrew858g:
    http://forum.gamekiss.com/gk/view/16/30805

Dribble Defense by drosin:
    http://forum.gamekiss.com/gk/view/16/43904

Rebounding Arcs by piaopiao367001:
    http://forum.gamekiss.com/gk/view/16/24441

Koragasumaru/Darwin's guide to Help Defense:
    http://forum.gamekiss.com/gk/view/16/40280

More guides will be posted soon.

If you have any questions about this game just post on this thread I will be glad to help. You can also send me a message in game (IGN: Gentlemen)
    Last edited by HugeHuge; 03-07-2010 at 06:36 AM.

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 29

Used to play this game a fair bit when I was living in the Philippines for almost a year.. It always had a heap of players etc and was really fun.

Gamekiss version is pretty laggy for me from Australia and really doesn't have many players compared to the ph version.

But overall a really fun game if your into sports and basketball.

Banned Reputation: 0

Used to play it a long time ago. Wish there were more basketballs MMO's, cuz freestyle has very clunky controls, I'd prefer something more responsive, and ping is everything in that game, which sucks

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 108

I'm guessing you made this thread because the population is very low and you're hoping to convince some people into playing this game?

He's posting this so we can have a bigger population, the population is already semi large, but the bigger the better.

I've been playing it for 2-3 years, it's truly a fun game if you give it a chance, and not rage the first day you play it

We have a good number of players on, if we had alot of players we could have a server split where east/west/central players in different servers to reduce lag since the host would be in the area of all the players in the room. We have a good population but not in standards of the other versions of Freestyle where most of the bars are full, been a year since our version came out compared to 5 years.

ASDF and direction keys dont seem clunky to me since I played many games that had the same keyboard layout but I guess that's a matter of preference. Unresponsive/delayed keys are the result of playing on a bad host.

@Technikal: Sorry to hear that and yea the vast majority of players are from either Canada or America, there are few europeans of course who play at a different time.
    Last edited by HugeHuge; 03-07-2010 at 04:04 PM.

Lothia's Lurker Reputation: 68

I'm currently making a Pg, and am more than willing to help anyone whom needs it(my main position is SF)
    "Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference"

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 20

play it for awhile, got bored and the lagg killed it for me.

Fat Bowser Reputation: 14

Does this game support widescreen resolution? 1440*900, etc?
    I was playin on russian server like a year ago. It was a decent game, but with a huge learning curve. In other words, you have to spend a lot of time training and remembering all animations (to know when to block, rebound) to be able to compete with skilled players. Otherwise it'll be 30-0 game.
    Playing: nothing;
    waiting for Guild Wars 2

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 14

lets see what is so great about fs gamekiss. nothing. the terrible gm's and cm's to the got to wait 4 months before a update. the countless people who quit the game because of lag and because of hackers.

how many times have that game almost ended because of hackers was destroying it? i think that would be like 4 or 5 times.

why cant you gift to other people anymore? well the gifting option was taken out of the game because when the game first came out some group of hackers was hacking people accounts.

how long do it take the gm's to reply to people messages? maybe atleast 1 or 2 weeks. you are lucky if they reply to your message in 2 days.

what happen when people asked the gm's to fix the lag? well the gm's responded by saying everything is fine it is no lag problems.

how much is the gkash aka game money on fs gamekiss? the game money is 10 dollars for 1k gkash but the items like the special lv 16 characther is 2450 gkash which is 24 dollars for one little characther.

what is the group most known for being hackers on fs gk? i believe that club is club cn aka a group of chinese players who hacked in the past so noone trust them.

what was the name of the hack that was going to end fs gamekiss? the hack name was streetstar and people was using it for over 1month or two and the only time the gm's did anything about it. was when most of the game started to use it.

what happens to some players accounts? well people get banned for so called billing issue. gamekiss says basically that you tried to charge back or failed to pay them the money for you to get the gkash in return. alot of people complained about this because they know it is not true. well what happens is most people never get their account back.

to anyone who want to know how bad this game fails just ask me.

to the ones who see this from fs gamekiss you should already know who i am. next time dont post links where you are trying to advertise fs gk on fs gk forums. thanks

ps yep it is a low amount of players because the people who join quit the same day because the game fails so bad.

now my name thaifsgirl reps for fs thailand which is the game i play.
    Last edited by ThaiFSGirl; 03-07-2010 at 08:25 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast