Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 43

Thread: Freestyle Basketball Online [Gamekiss MMO]

  1. #1
    Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 10
    HugeHuge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    51
    Rep Power
    8

    Lightbulb Freestyle Basketball Online [Gamekiss MMO]


    YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.


    Freestyle.gamekiss.com

    Tips and Overview

    It's a unique sports MMO that has frequent updates and player hosted/GM events for prizes ranging from GKASH(ingame money which is bought with real money) and IPODs. It's both for the competitive and casual player audience.

    Similar to DOTA, it requires individual skill and team chemistry to win games, so yes there are many ragers and try hards in this game but that only makes it more gratifying when you trash them. The learning curve can be difficult whre moves requires precision, timing, and overall knowledge of the game.

    Customization is incredible vast in this game, different special characters and many clothes to pick from. Clothing allows you to add different attribute bonuses to your character, so pick wisely according to your playstyle and make sure you get them.

    Play against other players and teams in 1v1, 2v2, or 3v3. The game runs on P2P connection so playing on a host that is close to your area (West/Central/East) maybe reduce key lag during the game. Before each game starts, small bars will be displayed near each character, though this is unconfirmed from my experience Yellow=East Central=Almost Full Green West=Full Green. If you are yellow and the host is also yellow then this means that he/she is near your area, therefore the P2P client will favor you in terms of key delay.

    When you start the game and create your character, make sure you do Missions which are on the left side tab of your Character Select screen. It's a good way to get to know the basics of the game and also earn some extra EXP and points.

    Just a reminder, dont expect this game to be anything like real basketball or realistic basketball simulations like NBA 2K10, it's more of a arcade version of basketball.

    Since all of the tournaments so far is 3v3, that's where you want to go to gain knowledge of what it's like in the competitive scene. It isn't a requirement to 3v3all the time, you can use pickup 2v2 and 1v1 to learn the basics.

    Don't be turned off by the skill level in rookie channel, that's where everyone learns how to play the game. Not to be stereotypical or anything but don't expect to recieve the ball much from someone named Kobe24xxLAL24. Team compositions help ALOT. Your going to need at least one shooter and one man down low in the post to get the rebounds. C/G/F or C/G/G are two recommended
    combos.





    Why am I posting to get you guys to play a game that already came out awhile ago?

    It's a unique one of a kind MMO, that actually is done right. The problem is many new players have quit because of the learning curve of the game (easy to learn and hard to master) and neglect of helping new players in-game (ie; Heroes Of Newerth), there are plenty of guides and videos to help out new players BY players *I will post these on the bottom of the page*.

    Also since the game is runs on a P2P client so lag is an issue when players from different areas play together in one game. More people playing would benifit this greatly, as more people come in the population increases and we can finally have different channels for different areas with a good amount of people in each one.



    Video/Text Guides

    khoa1708's Video

    On Scoring:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFBu_t7x8f0

    On Rebounding:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2gbrKsS_ew

    On Point Guards/Main Passing
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeFZyuD_6YQ

    On Kukgi/Pass Riding (Technique)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovJvR...eature=channel

    Visit his site for more guides:
    kh0a.com


    Gamekiss Tips And Suggestion Guides:
    *Note some guides may be unclear with terms and skill names used in higher levels or play.*

    Shooting Guard by Niko:
    http://forum.gamekiss.com/gk/view/16/43722

    Small Forward by Niko:
    http://forum.gamekiss.com/gk/view/16/14789

    Center Guide by andrew858g:
    http://forum.gamekiss.com/gk/view/16/30805

    Dribble Defense by drosin:
    http://forum.gamekiss.com/gk/view/16/43904

    Rebounding Arcs by piaopiao367001:
    http://forum.gamekiss.com/gk/view/16/24441

    Koragasumaru/Darwin's guide to Help Defense:
    http://forum.gamekiss.com/gk/view/16/40280

    More guides will be posted soon.


    If you have any questions about this game just post on this thread I will be glad to help. You can also send me a message in game (IGN: Gentlemen)
    Last edited by HugeHuge; 03-07-2010 at 07:36 AM.

  2. #2
    Cingal's Collar Reputation: 29
    Technikal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,508
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Used to play this game a fair bit when I was living in the Philippines for almost a year.. It always had a heap of players etc and was really fun.

    Gamekiss version is pretty laggy for me from Australia and really doesn't have many players compared to the ph version.

    But overall a really fun game if your into sports and basketball.

  3. #3
    Banned Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    330
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Used to play it a long time ago. Wish there were more basketballs MMO's, cuz freestyle has very clunky controls, I'd prefer something more responsive, and ping is everything in that game, which sucks

  4. #4
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 108
    QuakeStriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    ☆彡
    Posts
    4,777
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    I'm guessing you made this thread because the population is very low and you're hoping to convince some people into playing this game?

  5. #5
    Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    53
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    He's posting this so we can have a bigger population, the population is already semi large, but the bigger the better.

    I've been playing it for 2-3 years, it's truly a fun game if you give it a chance, and not rage the first day you play it

  6. #6
    Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 10
    HugeHuge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    51
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    We have a good number of players on, if we had alot of players we could have a server split where east/west/central players in different servers to reduce lag since the host would be in the area of all the players in the room. We have a good population but not in standards of the other versions of Freestyle where most of the bars are full, been a year since our version came out compared to 5 years.


    ASDF and direction keys dont seem clunky to me since I played many games that had the same keyboard layout but I guess that's a matter of preference. Unresponsive/delayed keys are the result of playing on a bad host.

    @Technikal: Sorry to hear that and yea the vast majority of players are from either Canada or America, there are few europeans of course who play at a different time.
    Last edited by HugeHuge; 03-07-2010 at 05:04 PM.

  7. #7
    Lothia's Lurker Reputation: 68
    EpicPhail's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,745
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    I'm currently making a Pg, and am more than willing to help anyone whom needs it(my main position is SF)
    "Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference"


  8. #8
    SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 20

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,017
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    play it for awhile, got bored and the lagg killed it for me.

  9. #9
    Fat Bowser Reputation: 14
    vanagace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    202
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Does this game support widescreen resolution? 1440*900, etc?
    I was playin on russian server like a year ago. It was a decent game, but with a huge learning curve. In other words, you have to spend a lot of time training and remembering all animations (to know when to block, rebound) to be able to compete with skilled players. Otherwise it'll be 30-0 game.
    Playing: nothing;
    waiting for Guild Wars 2

  10. #10
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 14

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    lets see what is so great about fs gamekiss. nothing. the terrible gm's and cm's to the got to wait 4 months before a update. the countless people who quit the game because of lag and because of hackers.

    how many times have that game almost ended because of hackers was destroying it? i think that would be like 4 or 5 times.

    why cant you gift to other people anymore? well the gifting option was taken out of the game because when the game first came out some group of hackers was hacking people accounts.

    how long do it take the gm's to reply to people messages? maybe atleast 1 or 2 weeks. you are lucky if they reply to your message in 2 days.

    what happen when people asked the gm's to fix the lag? well the gm's responded by saying everything is fine it is no lag problems.

    how much is the gkash aka game money on fs gamekiss? the game money is 10 dollars for 1k gkash but the items like the special lv 16 characther is 2450 gkash which is 24 dollars for one little characther.

    what is the group most known for being hackers on fs gk? i believe that club is club cn aka a group of chinese players who hacked in the past so noone trust them.

    what was the name of the hack that was going to end fs gamekiss? the hack name was streetstar and people was using it for over 1month or two and the only time the gm's did anything about it. was when most of the game started to use it.

    what happens to some players accounts? well people get banned for so called billing issue. gamekiss says basically that you tried to charge back or failed to pay them the money for you to get the gkash in return. alot of people complained about this because they know it is not true. well what happens is most people never get their account back.

    to anyone who want to know how bad this game fails just ask me.

    to the ones who see this from fs gamekiss you should already know who i am. next time dont post links where you are trying to advertise fs gk on fs gk forums. thanks



    ps yep it is a low amount of players because the people who join quit the same day because the game fails so bad.

    now my name thaifsgirl reps for fs thailand which is the game i play.
    Last edited by ThaiFSGirl; 03-07-2010 at 09:25 PM.

  11. #11
    Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 10
    HugeHuge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    51
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vanagace View Post
    Does this game support widescreen resolution? 1440*900, etc?
    I was playin on russian server like a year ago. It was a decent game, but with a huge learning curve. In other words, you have to spend a lot of time training and remembering all animations (to know when to block, rebound) to be able to compete with skilled players. Otherwise it'll be 30-0 game.
    It stretches if you play full screen but yes it does. If it looks too wide you can always selected windowed mode.

  12. #12
    Forum PvPer Reputation: 383
    Krunkmasta Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Everywhere.
    Posts
    16,367
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    the game was good when it was under sierra.

  13. #13
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 14

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HugeHuge View Post
    It stretches if you play full screen but yes it does. If it looks too wide you can always selected windowed mode.
    the game fails. case close

    Quote Originally Posted by WerewolfX View Post
    the game was good when it was under sierra.
    yep true very true

  14. #14
    Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 37
    *sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,928
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WerewolfX View Post
    the game was good when it was under sierra.
    Agreed. Also I never did like the new update.

    Plus the community is one of the worse...

  15. #15
    Forum PvPer Reputation: 383
    Krunkmasta Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Everywhere.
    Posts
    16,367
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    i'm hoping gamekiss doesn't mess up Priest online

  16. #16
    Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 10
    HugeHuge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    51
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThaiFSGirl View Post
    the game fails. case close



    yep true very true
    Is this the same ThaiFSGirl in Gamekiss forums who always trolls? The same one that advertises Thailand Freestyle and try to get Americans to play a version that isn't even made for them?

  17. #17
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 14

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HugeHuge View Post
    Is this the same ThaiFSGirl in Gamekiss forums who always trolls? The same one that advertises Thailand Freestyle and try to get Americans to play a version that isn't even made for them?
    yawn is that all you can come up with. i said the game is garbage because it is. stop trying to get people to join it.

    i did advertise fs thailand on those forums because fs thailand is a better game. i can be on fs gk forums because i am american therefore i got every right to be on there.

    alot of people agree fs thailand is the better game. most people played fs thailand before fs gamekiss even existed and knows fs gk is garbage compared to fs thailand.

    like i said before fs gamekiss is garbage. if you ever try to continue advertising fs gk. i will be right on that site saying how much it fails.

    nice job posting the link on fs gk forums. just because i have not posted on fs gk forums lately dont mean i dont read it.

    thanks have a nice day

    ps before fs gamekiss was made the AMERICANS was playing Freestyle Thailand. you know the fs you claim that is not made for them. the gm's of fs thailand allowed us AMERICANS who did not have a fs at the time which this time was october 2008 until feb 2009 to play their fs.
    Last edited by ThaiFSGirl; 03-07-2010 at 09:54 PM.

  18. #18
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 120
    BadpcGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    6,865
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Gamekiss takes way to long with there updates I mean shit look at GhostX still nothing.

  19. #19
    Forum PvPer Reputation: 383
    Krunkmasta Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Everywhere.
    Posts
    16,367
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    seriously, no update since launch?
    well it was pointless downloading it again.

  20. #20
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 14

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WerewolfX View Post
    seriously, no update since launch?
    well it was pointless downloading it again.
    they just did a update but it took them long enough. it is pointless to download it again since it is worst off than it use to be.

    ps the update is not impressive at all

  21. #21
    Forum PvPer Reputation: 383
    Krunkmasta Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Everywhere.
    Posts
    16,367
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    i ment for Ghost X.

  22. #22
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 14

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WerewolfX View Post
    i ment for Ghost X.
    oh ok well i dont know about that. ghostx is a nice game i think i should play it again.

  23. #23
    Cingal's Collar Reputation: 29
    Technikal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,508
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    It's a shame this game has alot of potential when it's run well.

    The PH one is pretty good even if it's full of arrogant filipinos who don't speak much english in game :P

    Wish there was a server for it in SEA that was more english based so I could play it.

    Miss this game actually.

  24. #24
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Bump, we just got a clothing item update 2 days ago and there is a major update coming on the 7th, which will have 10 skills, more items, and special "boxes" (Open & get a random item, pretty cool) and some of these VIP packages which give you +2 to all stats, 10k points, and double EXP and points for 30 days.

    XFire; BostonCeltic
    Steam; YAGBOMB

    Hit me up if your interested.

  25. #25
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 14

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YAGBOMB View Post
    Bump, we just got a clothing item update 2 days ago and there is a major update coming on the 7th, which will have 10 skills, more items, and special "boxes" (Open & get a random item, pretty cool) and some of these VIP packages which give you +2 to all stats, 10k points, and double EXP and points for 30 days.

    XFire; BostonCeltic
    Steam; YAGBOMB

    Hit me up if your interested.
    haha noone wants to join this shitty game. let me quote my old post real quick

    Quote Originally Posted by ThaiFSGirl View Post
    lets see what is so great about fs gamekiss. nothing. the terrible gm's and cm's to the got to wait 4 months before a update. the countless people who quit the game because of lag and because of hackers.

    how many times have that game almost ended because of hackers was destroying it? i think that would be like 4 or 5 times.

    why cant you gift to other people anymore? well the gifting option was taken out of the game because when the game first came out some group of hackers was hacking people accounts.

    how long do it take the gm's to reply to people messages? maybe atleast 1 or 2 weeks. you are lucky if they reply to your message in 2 days.

    what happen when people asked the gm's to fix the lag? well the gm's responded by saying everything is fine it is no lag problems.

    how much is the gkash aka game money on fs gamekiss? the game money is 10 dollars for 1k gkash but the items like the special lv 16 characther is 2450 gkash which is 24 dollars for one little characther.

    what is the group most known for being hackers on fs gk? i believe that club is club cn aka a group of chinese players who hacked in the past so noone trust them.

    what was the name of the hack that was going to end fs gamekiss? the hack name was streetstar and people was using it for over 1month or two and the only time the gm's did anything about it. was when most of the game started to use it.

    what happens to some players accounts? well people get banned for so called billing issue. gamekiss says basically that you tried to charge back or failed to pay them the money for you to get the gkash in return. alot of people complained about this because they know it is not true. well what happens is most people never get their account back.

    to anyone who want to know how bad this game fails just ask me.

    to the ones who see this from fs gamekiss you should already know who i am. next time dont post links where you are trying to advertise fs gk on fs gk forums. thanks



    ps yep it is a low amount of players because the people who join quit the same day because the game fails so bad.

    now my name thaifsgirl reps for fs thailand which is the game i play.
    enough said now be gone you fs gk supporters

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •