FFXI POL-1162 error

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 10

Default FFXI POL-1162 error

Hello everyone, when FFXI updates to around 50% it gives me a POL-1162 error. i checked my network, turned off my firewall and reinstalling the game. If anyone found ways to get pass this please let me know.

Edit: the crash file was D:ROM/184/59.DAT if that helps
    Last edited by WhiteRaven21; 03-21-2010 at 12:57 AM.

Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 12

This is updating your installation or installing from a CD or downloaded client? That error code after googling a bit seems to be a router issue. Maybe unplug the router and go straight pipe it to the PC for a few hours while it updates. This post here is also very informative http://ffxi.**********.com/forum.htm...8&num=1&page=1. If you can't afford to update without the router try upgrading the FW on it and or port forwarding the ports that are listed on that page above. Cheers Hope you get it working. If you need some assistance you can PM me if none of the above worked.
    Currently Dabbling in: a Beta
    Next in the Chamber: Final Fantasy XIV CE
    Playing Semi-Religously: N/A
    Recently Retired: N/A

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 10

I bought the Complete Collection CD. When i try to connect to the modem directly my computer wont recognize it but i am using windows 7 home premium 64 bit so who knows what that problem is. I am going to a friend to see if i can use his internet to patch my game. thanks for the reply.