Visuals And Gameplay PC Vs 360

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Raiyne's Rock Band Reputation: 21

Quote Originally Posted by fenix40k View Post
    a console will never have better graphics lol..this question is not worth to open a thread ^^

lmaoo .. loser much? you worship threads or something?

Banned Reputation: 292

Quote Originally Posted by hyarume View Post
    Trust me when I say, dragon age is.. a bunch of bad coding, it sucks.. even for a console game... I mean.. I preffer playing on a console most of the time, but dragon age is soo bad on it, I mean.. it laggs.. good console games never lagg.. lol.

and as for gfx,... even the gfx suck in comparison what other games on the consoles can do.
    It's not really bad coding. The consoles just have heavy hardware limitations.

With low video ram and RAM and old hardware.

There are so many more PC games that look better than anything on consoles because of this.

Heck Gears of War on the PC looks better than any Console game.

The only time consoles come close to having graphics comparable to the best looking PC games is when they are first released.

Soul Caliber for the Dreamcast was one of the best looking games when it first came out.

But now with ever more popularity in PC gaming there are companies which continue to push the release of better hardware.

What is sad is that Crysis, an almost three year old game, still holds the title for best looking game ever. Metro 2033 can beat out vanilla crysis but not modded crysis.

Consoles are holding back the PC's true potential since companies like to do multiplat. My 3 year old 8800GT OC is rarely challenged.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 184

You obviously do not know what you are talking about.

(I know it's a ps3 game but still, I don't have an xbox so I take consoles in general)

Never laggs, framerate wise

Never laggs, framerate wise

And.. so I say, games can look ALOT better than dragon age and still not stutter in frame rates, yet dragon age seems to lagg alot.

BAD CODING!

Besides consoles have faster ram, and the OS does use only a minor amount of it, thus making it alot more usefull.
    Last edited by hyarume; 05-20-2010 at 10:51 AM.

Diddy Kong's Boxers Reputation: 17

Quote Originally Posted by hyarume View Post
    You obviously do not know what you are talking about.
    (I know it's a ps3 game but still, I don't have an xbox so I take consoles in general)

Never drops in frames.
    Never drops in framerate.

And.. so I say, games can look ALOT better than dragon age and still not stutter in frame rates, yet dragon age seems to lagg alot.

BAD CODING!

Besides consoles have faster ram, and the OS does use only a minor amount of it, thus making it alot more usefull.
    All right, I'm gonna call BS on FF13 and no stuttering. FF13 had pretty noticeable stuttering to many owners, and was less stable in some cases than its Xbox counterpart. Of course, some stuttering for 900% better graphics is an easy trade off.

I'm going to pull this out of my ***, but are there any games(that utilize very detailed graphics or computationally intensive effects) that don't stutter at all? Even on PC?

I can't comment on DA and consoles as I have played it on PC only so...
    Quick Edit: I'm not sure where the direct comparison was made, but I believe gamasutra has the video.

ah, well.. ff13 didn't stutter for me.
    but I only have ps3 ofc.

(and well..as for never drops in frames, ofc they do drop in frames, but never so low that I've noticed..
    so i edited my post)

but in dragon age, its constant framerate loss, almost all the time.

And.. about FFXIII that's soo waaay off..
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...ndgame-article

Try again
    Last edited by hyarume; 05-20-2010 at 10:54 AM.

Super Moderator Reputation: 184

Visuals and Gameplay PC Vs. 360.

So bringing up PS3 games is a moot point. Besides, most of the PS3's games don't have a PC counterpart, so you can't compare them anyway.

True, but let's take a multiplatform game for all, and compare that, I bet most of them are better coded than Dragon age.

That's the only point I was trying to bring.

That .. console games can look alot better than that and run well, even on xbox.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123