Quote Originally Posted by Kintou View Post
    I can't believe no one mentioned the king of ps2 rpgs

persona 3
    fixed

Diddy Kong's Boxers Reputation: 17

Quote Originally Posted by Kintou View Post
    I can't believe no one mentioned the king of ps2 rpgs

persona 4
    TC already said after Dark Cloud he would move onto Persona.

Let's see...NIS games are pretty fun, but can draw on for a long time, so they can easily gtet boring. I seriously recommend La Pucelle though. It's released by Mastiff instead of NIS, but it is(to me) SOOOO much more fun than Disgaea.

There are a TON of non-"mainstream" ps2 rpgs out there. Though, what kind of RPGs are you looking for? Turn based, strategy, action?

A Shrubbery Reputation: 16

ps2 rpg's i enjoyed a ton. sorry if i name some ps1's...

Suikoden 1 and 2
    breath of fire series (3 and 4 are the best imo)
    wild arms
    legend of legia (something like that)
    dragon seeds
    brigandine
    alundra
    legends of dragoon <--- EPIC RPG IMO

i can name heaps more just forgot there name. ill post when i can be stuffed to check through the big (i mean big) pile of ps1/ps2 games haha.

but seriously, if you want a break of games alundra / alundra 2 would be a good way to have a break. less hardcore.

Quote Originally Posted by Tremors45 View Post
    legend of legaia (something like that)
    Fix'd.
    Also, for the ps1, though I never got around to the PS2 version, though I heard it wasn't that great...
    GAWD! I loved that game Vaan, Noa, and that Monk Guy. So much fun =).
    Though, that first, "RUN LIKE HELL" sequence sort of broke me from the game for about a year before I got up the courage to try it again.
    It also had a story that was quite 'weird', but didn't seem to get super censored. Especially surprising because it was E.(or was it T...?)

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 152

Anything, I enjoy all types of RPGs !

Murxidon's Maid Reputation: 28

Of all the RPGs so far I played, I noticed someone mention about .Hack series. Never did like the old version of .Hack but I seriously love playing .Hack// G.U series. One of a must play RPG of Playstation 2.

Xenosaga was my second favorite when I first purchased my console from my boss (yes I'm working in a console gaming shop), I got hooked up with the game. Not to say its the best RPGs out there but a decent one for me. Favorite Xenosaga series was the 3rd Episode so far.

Next up, Tales of Abyss & Tales of Legendia. Believe it or not, Tales of Abyss was my first Tales game follow up with Tales of Legendia. I just love the story.

Final Fantasy X and X-2 wasn't what I had expected like back then in Playstation 1 like Final Fantasy VI, VII & IX but it was okay for me but I'm pretty sure you played it.

Magna Carta, no comment on this one as I did play the game and stopped after an hour or more. Never did play it throughout the whole story to see how it goes.

I'm surprise no one mentioned Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria. For Playstation 2, the graphic was pretty good for my own opinion as well with the battle system though slightly different from the Playstation 1 version.

Shin Megami Tensei series was good especially Persona 3 which I'm pretty sure most people agree with me.

Wild Arms series never did caught my attention except the remake of the Wild Arms 1 aka Wild Arms Alter F. Worth playing.

Suikoden series has really gone down the drain with the 4th series but nevertheless the 3rd one is my favorite Suikoden series for the Playstation 2 as well as the 5th one (Reminds me of the Playstation 1 Suikoden series battle system).

As my memories fades to nothing
    The only thing I can remember
    Is those warm hand of someone
    Who was once very important to me
    Now that the someone is gone
    The only thing I can remember now
    Is the ice cold heart I have right now

Dragon Nest SEA (SpringWood) Paladin : QuelzacoIt (lv3x)

Cloud13's Clown Reputation: 93

Quote Originally Posted by Groteske View Post
    Atelier can be a frustrating series. It is a lot of back and forth travelling and it is mostly just alchemy. You collect things and you create things and you travel back and forth over the same maps.....I regretted getting into the Atelier series.
    Is that similar to Mana Khemia for the PSP? I didn't get into it yet because of Disgaea 2 PSP D:

Quote Originally Posted by BreakmanDX View Post
    haha, almost every game mentioned here seems pretty darn mainstream to me... maybe I'm just a nerd!

No one seems to have mentioned Radiata Stories, that's a really good one! By Squeenix, but still rather unknown by a lot of people it seems.

Also, if you like Baulder's Gate: Dark Alliance, there's Champions of Norrath 1 and 2, X-Men Legends 1 and 2 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2. All very similar games and all very fun, in my opinion.

There's a massive amount of fantastic RPGs for PS1 as well--playable on PS2. SaGa Frontier 2, Alundra, Wild Arms, Thousand Arms, Valkyrie Profile, Legend of Mana, Breath of Fire III (BY FAR THE BEST BOF OF THEM ALL in my opinion!), Grandia, Dragon Quest 7, Vandal Hearts, Vagrant Story and many many more, as well as sequels~

Good luck! I may reply again with more when I feel like looking up/remembering more
    I'm sorry, but Radiata Stories sucked ***. The stuff going in the combat system within 30 minutes of gameplay made me shut down my PS2 and never touch the disk again.

Quote Originally Posted by darkness35 View Post
    Is that similar to Mana Khemia for the PSP? I didn't get into it yet because of Disgaea 2 PSP D:
    Mana Khemia for the PSP is a port(see: Downgrade) of Mana Khemia on the PS2.
    Quick question though. Does MK on the PSP suffer the NIS half-*** dub curse?(That is, not only do the only dub some voices, they also remove the japanese dub from the parts to maintain "balance"). MK on PS2 escaped, but because UMDs are smaller, I'm just wondering.

Also, not sure if it got mentioned but, Ar Tonelico 1 & 2 are pretty fun.

Illgamez Insomniac Reputation: 23

Shadow of the Colossus.
     /l、
    (゚、 。 7
     l、 ~ヽ.
     じしf_, )ノ

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 253

Quote Originally Posted by shofuji View Post
    Fix'd.
    Also, for the ps1, though I never got around to the PS2 version, though I heard it wasn't that great...
    GAWD! I loved that game Vaan, Noa, and that Monk Guy. So much fun =).
    Though, that first, "RUN LIKE HELL" sequence sort of broke me from the game for about a year before I got up the courage to try it again.
    It also had a story that was quite 'weird', but didn't seem to get super censored. Especially surprising because it was E.(or was it T...?)
    The ps2 version was even worse then the ps1 version >.<

Jakuza. Try a few 2D ones like uhm...

Shining tears
    Shining x wind
    Mana khemia: student alliance
    Mana khemia 2
    Tales of rebirth
    Tales of Destiny directors cut.
    Ar tonelico
    Ar tonelico 2
    Stella Dues

3D ones:

Tales of the Abyss
    Tales of symphonia
    Persona 3
    persona 4 (a direct sequel of a few months later)
    Dragon warrior 8
    Grim grimoire
    Dawn of mana ( AWESOME GAME)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast