3D FPS Zombie MMORPG being developed

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default 3D FPS Zombie MMORPG being developed

So, what do you think?

What would you like to see in it? What wouldn't you like to see in it? If it was good enough would you pay for it?

Any other thoughts, suggestions or criticism?

//Kevin

Fat Bowser Reputation: 22

Are there any details out, or is this just pure speculation?

Personally, I get my FPS Zombie fix with both Counter Strike: Source and Killing Floor. Depending on how well it is produced, I think that an actual MMORPG Zombie game could be successful.
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
    Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing?
    Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing?
    Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God?

Murxidon's Maid Reputation: 54

He's obviously promoting a game he is going to be working on. So let this thread die because it isn't worth anyone's time to give any opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaju View Post
    He's obviously promoting a game he is going to be working on. So let this thread die because it isn't worth anyone's time to give any opinions.
    Either way, does it really matter? Isn't a forum about discussion? What's wrong with just discussing or speculating over a whole new genre of MMO?

Anyway, why isn't it worth anyone's time?

Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 81

Dead Frontier is reworking their engine to 3d..

Murxidon's Maid Reputation: 54

Quote Originally Posted by kevin_123 View Post
    Either way, does it really matter? Isn't a forum about discussion? What's wrong with just discussing or speculating over a whole new genre of MMO?

Anyway, why isn't it worth anyone's time?
    Because there's already a superior browser based MMORPG called 'Dead Frontier' that is currently taking it's flash based program to a whole new engine, and it's going to be done in 2 more months.

On top of that, if you want a FPS Zombie game, go download Left 4 Dead. There will never be a 3D FPS Zombie MMORPG because it won't be executed well. End of thread.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 162

Did the founder of Arenanet (or whatever it's called) split to create a Zombie MMO?
    It's only just started production but it could be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    Dead Frontier is reworking their engine to 3d..
    Well, it's 3D but it's still got that annoying view from above..

I'm talking full on FPS, like counterstrike, cod etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaju View Post
    Because there's already a superior browser based MMORPG called 'Dead Frontier' that is currently taking it's flash based program to a whole new engine, and it's going to be done in 2 more months.

On top of that, if you want a FPS Zombie game, go download Left 4 Dead. There will never be a 3D FPS Zombie MMORPG because it won't be executed well. End of thread.
    Woah, a 'superior' browser based MMORPG? I'm sorry but I don't see anything superior about a top-view game, sure it might be fun for a while but you wouldn't really want to invest hours and hours into it.

It won't be executed well? Why so negative man, Left 4 Dead is cool but imagine the awesomeness of L4D packed in a free-roam MMORPG world with endless content, missions, items, upgrades! You can't be saying that the concept doesn't excite you, not even a little bit?
    Last edited by kevin_123; 04-10-2010 at 10:24 PM. Reason: -=Doublepost=-

Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 37

Quote Originally Posted by kevin_123 View Post
    Well, it's 3D but it's still got that annoying view from above..

I'm talking full on FPS, like counterstrike, cod etc.

Woah, a 'superior' browser based MMORPG? I'm sorry but I don't see anything superior about a top-view game, sure it might be fun for a while but you wouldn't really want to invest hours and hours into it.

It won't be executed well? Why so negative man, Left 4 Dead is cool but imagine the awesomeness of L4D packed in a free-roam MMORPG world with endless content, missions, items, upgrades! You can't be saying that the concept doesn't excite you, not even a little bit?
    The thing is, this has been said once every few months. Some dude randomly comes in, makes an account and says they are making a 3d zombie mmorpg. Then either the next day, or a few days later, they never come back and the thread dies.

Rinse and Repeat.

Unless you work for a big company, this isnt going to work. It never does.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladuck View Post
    The economy is really rough, all those Chinese gold farmers are out of a job.

Quote Originally Posted by *sky View Post
    The thing is, this has been said once every few months. Some dude randomly comes in, makes an account and says they are making a 3d zombie mmorpg. Then either the next day, or a few days later, they never come back and the thread dies.

Rinse and Repeat.

Unless you work for a big company, this isnt going to work. It never does.
    Yeah I did read through another thread where some guy said he was going to post the link to the website on monday and everyone was waiting but he never posted anything.

Well we should have a website and a development blog up soon enough, would that be good enough?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast