Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3D FPS Zombie MMORPG being developed

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default 3D FPS Zombie MMORPG being developed

So, what do you think?

What would you like to see in it? What wouldn't you like to see in it? If it was good enough would you pay for it?

Any other thoughts, suggestions or criticism?

//Kevin

Fat Bowser Reputation: 22

Are there any details out, or is this just pure speculation?

Personally, I get my FPS Zombie fix with both Counter Strike: Source and Killing Floor. Depending on how well it is produced, I think that an actual MMORPG Zombie game could be successful.
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
    Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing?
    Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing?
    Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God?

Murxidon's Maid Reputation: 54

He's obviously promoting a game he is going to be working on. So let this thread die because it isn't worth anyone's time to give any opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaju View Post
    He's obviously promoting a game he is going to be working on. So let this thread die because it isn't worth anyone's time to give any opinions.
    Either way, does it really matter? Isn't a forum about discussion? What's wrong with just discussing or speculating over a whole new genre of MMO?

Anyway, why isn't it worth anyone's time?

Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 81

Dead Frontier is reworking their engine to 3d..

Quote Originally Posted by kevin_123 View Post
    Either way, does it really matter? Isn't a forum about discussion? What's wrong with just discussing or speculating over a whole new genre of MMO?

Anyway, why isn't it worth anyone's time?
    Because there's already a superior browser based MMORPG called 'Dead Frontier' that is currently taking it's flash based program to a whole new engine, and it's going to be done in 2 more months.

On top of that, if you want a FPS Zombie game, go download Left 4 Dead. There will never be a 3D FPS Zombie MMORPG because it won't be executed well. End of thread.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 162

Did the founder of Arenanet (or whatever it's called) split to create a Zombie MMO?
    It's only just started production but it could be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    Well, it's 3D but it's still got that annoying view from above..

I'm talking full on FPS, like counterstrike, cod etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaju View Post
    Because there's already a superior browser based MMORPG called 'Dead Frontier' that is currently taking it's flash based program to a whole new engine, and it's going to be done in 2 more months.

On top of that, if you want a FPS Zombie game, go download Left 4 Dead. There will never be a 3D FPS Zombie MMORPG because it won't be executed well. End of thread.
    Woah, a 'superior' browser based MMORPG? I'm sorry but I don't see anything superior about a top-view game, sure it might be fun for a while but you wouldn't really want to invest hours and hours into it.

It won't be executed well? Why so negative man, Left 4 Dead is cool but imagine the awesomeness of L4D packed in a free-roam MMORPG world with endless content, missions, items, upgrades! You can't be saying that the concept doesn't excite you, not even a little bit?
    Last edited by kevin_123; 04-10-2010 at 10:24 PM. Reason: -=Doublepost=-

Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 37

Woah, a 'superior' browser based MMORPG? I'm sorry but I don't see anything superior about a top-view game, sure it might be fun for a while but you wouldn't really want to invest hours and hours into it.

It won't be executed well? Why so negative man, Left 4 Dead is cool but imagine the awesomeness of L4D packed in a free-roam MMORPG world with endless content, missions, items, upgrades! You can't be saying that the concept doesn't excite you, not even a little bit?
    The thing is, this has been said once every few months. Some dude randomly comes in, makes an account and says they are making a 3d zombie mmorpg. Then either the next day, or a few days later, they never come back and the thread dies.

Rinse and Repeat.

Unless you work for a big company, this isnt going to work. It never does.

Quote Originally Posted by *sky View Post
    The thing is, this has been said once every few months. Some dude randomly comes in, makes an account and says they are making a 3d zombie mmorpg. Then either the next day, or a few days later, they never come back and the thread dies.

Rinse and Repeat.

Yeah I did read through another thread where some guy said he was going to post the link to the website on monday and everyone was waiting but he never posted anything.

Well we should have a website and a development blog up soon enough, would that be good enough?

Fat Bowser Reputation: 17

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    Was gonna say the same, I'm waiting for it, looks good on their dev blog but not ready till 4th Quater of the year.
    ╰☆╮Games╭☆╯
    Toon Name/Level

↙(∩_∩)↘↙[⊙▂⊙]↘↙(◕_◕)↘ ☆ ★★ ☆ ↙(◕_◕)↘↙[⊙▂⊙]↘↙(∩_∩)↘

It doesn't excite me. And if a top down view bothers you, you should grow up. Not to mention, the 3D update is going to be mostly isometric.

Wanna know why it doesn't excite me? Because you are throwing ideas that never work. What are you going to promise that the several hundred others did not? Nobody in their right mind wants to hear you say, "hay i r making gaem!1 lolol" and not give us any info, insight, or updates. So cut the bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Durranz View Post
    Was gonna say the same, I'm waiting for it, looks good on their dev blog but not ready till 4th Quater of the year.
    Actually, it's going to be done in mid-July.
    Last edited by Kanaju; 04-11-2010 at 04:15 AM. Reason: -=Doublepost=-

Forum PvPer Reputation: 383

had to be said.

but in a serious matter, as most people have said, there have been atleast 5000 others who claimed that they are "making a new game" i've seen maybe, 1 that's actually done it.

Firor's Fury Reputation: 87

As long as it isn't made with Realmcrafter I will be impressed. It seems that so many people use shitty engines that are so limited, that when people say they are going to make a game, others always think it will be a shitty Realmcrafter game.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 228

Quote Originally Posted by Alivada View Post
    Did the founder of Arenanet (or whatever it's called) split to create a Zombie MMO?
    It's only just started production but it could be good.
    Its console only.

And please, screenshots before trying to promote anything.

'Proof' in around two weeks..

Sandman's Slave Reputation: 80

Screenshot or it doesn't exist.

Make a new thread in 2 weeks AFTER you have 'proof'.
    /thread
    It's WNxPyrZern. Pleased to meet you. My 3D Character Artist Folio

you better be back with the links, been waiting all too long for this...

i need this game if its executed well,
    i hate zombies, love killing them,
    love level systems and epuipment swapping/upgrading
    need co op obviously,
    and would love to test this game for you
    Last edited by Nihlanthyss; 05-31-2010 at 11:43 AM. Reason: -=Doublepost=-

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 29

Quote Originally Posted by Nihlanthyss View Post
    you better be back with the links, been waiting all too long for this...

i need this game if its executed well,
    i hate zombies, love killing them,
    love level systems and epuipment swapping/upgrading
    need co op obviously,
    and would love to test this game for you
    nice working making another account to promote the game

anyway, threads like these have come and gone, the game never really gets anywhere past the 'development stage', if you'd even call it that =/

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 41

hell no..not another dude who think he has a game in his bag..really dude. You have nothing and if you have some screens than its a game based on game-maker or something like that (playworlds - lol) and this sucks hard.

You are just in a phase of your lifetime were you think you can do something like that but thats just a dream. Grow up and stop posting shit like "oh..i will proof it. We have a blog and a website soon blablabla" a website and a blog = nothing. Even screens (1-3) are nothing in this case
    http://www.onrpg.com/boards/avatars/fenix40k.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1268643051

"That's why I love OnRPG, we can spend two pages
    about arguing about swimming."

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 281

This is what we mean by proof:

Greetings,

i'd like to show you the first screenshots of my upcoming realtime fantasy game environment project (yeah... what a nice word... ^^). I used "CryEngine 2" to realize this fantasy scenario and hope to finish it very soon.

The fantasy scene i created is just for portfolio purpose and there won't be a deathmatch map or something like that. This thing is not a mod, although the fps would be adequate for use in a video game.
    On my old "Intel Quadcore 6600" (using a "Ati Radeon HD 4870" graphic card) the map runs fine (System -> Win7 64 bit with high graphic specs ingame). The fps are between 13 and 26 frames. They would be even better if i spent more time on optimization, but since this project is just for visual demonstration i focussed more on design than on performance.

All models have been created by me, except some of the original crysis plants & rocks and two small tree model packs, the "European Nature Set" by Michael Betke and the "Pine Tree Pack" by "Mr.Guybrush II" and "Orange_Duck". I used 3D Studio Max, ZBrush and Photoshop for the models (and some other little tools) and the Sandbox2 editor (respectively the Crysis SDK) for the map itself.

I will upload more screenshots and an ingame trailer within a few weeks. I will also post more information when it's done.

Hope you'll like the first screens.
    From an article on Tom's Guide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mime Taxidermy View Post
    I don't think that Internet Explorer can display CSS, only HTML.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    Looks like fun to me, when the creatures die and freeze then burst into a bunch of smaller cubes makes me squeal like a small girl.

Raiyne's Rock Band Reputation: 34

off topic: wtf was that about he comes here to try to get some idea for a game he might make and you guys flame him to death if you don't like when people come in here and claim that they are making a game and don't then just ignore the topic but don't flame him when he is only asking for suggestions i personally think it might be the same person that keeps coming in here getting people get all hyped about a game he isn't even making then just leave but you guys shouldn't yell at this guy for what others have done.

on topic: i would love to see a level system maybe a skill system that upgrades damage with guns/melee weapons and things like that and even maybe classes that special in specific weapons or are good at healing would be a great idea too but that's just what i think

McFox Sandwich Reputation: 35

Yea why so harsh OnRPG ? either dont post anything or give him your suggestions OR tell him that it wont work in a nice way ?

Ontopic: The idea is great and all but im in doubts too will it work ? can you do it ? and next time you claim something try to come with some proof and plans next time.

Sandman's Slave Reputation: 80

Because it's most of the time kids, with no money (enough to make a game or buy a game engine) or programming experience to actually make any game, that come here and promote non-existent MMO ?

Please, close this stupid thread already.
    It's WNxPyrZern. Pleased to meet you. My 3D Character Artist Folio

Norrin Radd's Nerd Rage Reputation: 15

Quote Originally Posted by *sky View Post

Rinse and Repeat.

This is true, 9/10 (sorry make it 99/100) topics made from a just registered user about their dream of a game is bullshit.
    Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something.