so, uh... a few questions

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fat Bowser Reputation: 10

Default so, uh... a few questions

yeah, I just started playing today. pretty awesome, I'm really enjoying it.. but as there's no wiki for it or anything that I can find, I thought I'd come here and ask some of the questions I have...

1) What the heck is with "BOSS" mode? Like, any mode seems to be able to have "BOSS" in a lightning bolt symbol next to it when you're joining games, and people talk weird and seem to be taking things a lot more seriously than normal in the game, but I can't figure out what the difference is between it and a normal game, lol. Of course, I didn't stay long in the one I joined because I felt I'd hinder the players without knowing anything about boss mode yet..

2) So, uh, just so we're clear about Prisoner mode... I really didn't get it at first, but it seems pretty simple. So in this mode when you die, your teammates have the ability to 'save' you and restore some of your HP... so it's basically like a team deathmatch but with more longevity? And like... basically if you 'capture' an enemy, you're supposed to finish them off before one of their team saves them? If you see a teammate of yours tied up, you beat them up to free them? And if you yourself get 'captured' the best thing to do is to run toward your team? All that sound right?

3) I've unlocked a few classes through levelling up, and I like them all more or less, but Fire Mage... it SEEMS like something I'd love but it's just SO hard to play. So basically you just run and teleport around, keep your distance and use meteors... try to always be in 'aim' mode so your meteor recharges faster.. and use flame blast or whatever when people get too close, and/or teleport away. Is there anything else I should be doing? Like, is that jab thing that replaces the dash any good? Should I be trying to melee while my meteor recharges or just try to always be in aim mode whenever I can? And about the Fire Resist spell, is there ANYTHING it's good for except against other fire mages? Do any skills any other classes have count as 'fire' damage that that buff would help against?

4) Speaking of unlocks, is the best thing to do just level for all your stuff at least at lower levels? Is there stuff I should think about buying at lower levels that'd help a lot? I may be willing to buy some Astros but I don't want to spend *much* money on this yet... and it seems a lot of things that are Astro-only in the shop can potentially be won in games if you're lucky.

5) What is fishing, anyway? How does it work, is it fun, and is it worth it?

6) Lastly, what's up with "crusades"? It seems that every Crusade game has a limit of 2 players, why so low? And what do you do in it? Sounds like you fight NPC monsters or something. Is it fun, or worth it? It seems like something I'd like but admittedly I'm a little shy and easy to feel weird when I'm playing with only one other person, in a mode I know nothing about.. so I need a lot of info about it and what to do if I were to play it before I'd try it, lol

*edit* oh, and what the heck is BOSS RAID and how is it different than any other mode with the "Boss" lightning bolt thing on the games list?
    Last edited by BreakmanDX; 04-11-2010 at 01:59 AM.

Still learning the ropes Reputation: 14

Fire Mage Guides

That link will take you to a bunch of guides made by players for the fire mage.

When you see a lightning bolt next to a room that isn't boss mode, it means that the game is set up to 1v the rest. In this game, to make uneven team matches more fair, the team with the lowest amount of players gets a buff in stats (except speed, that I know of)and smaller cool downs for skills. So the lightning bolt is basically saying there is a really buffed up player in that room.

Now Boss Raid Mode basically works like this:

One player starts off as the Boss, the more kills the boss gets, the stronger he/she becomes. If your not boss, attacking the boss will fill up the meter at the bottom, once its full and center is blinking, getting the final kill insures that you will be boss next; however, if you kill the boss and the meter isn't full, you might not be the next boss, even though you got the kill. If you die, the meter for become boss disappears, unless you have never been boss yet in that game.

Fishing is just a way to earn money. You buy a fishing pole and some bait and fish. Its kind of an afk thing. You have to be in a plaza and stand near an edge and then press the fishing icon at the top of the screen. Then just wait. Now your not always gonna catch something so sometimes fishing could cost you money, but if you fish something rare, it will earn you money.

Crusade mode has 3 difficulty levels: Easy, Med., and Hard. You can switch between them like you would change a map. Easy can only hold 2 players, Med. can hold up to 4, and Hard can have up to 8 players. Med. and Hard have rank restrictions: Med: SFC Rank or above, Hard: MSG Rank or above. Med. and Hard also require bronze tokens to play, Med.: takes 1, while Hard takes 2. Gold tokens allow you to respawn with all your HP and with your skills fully charged if you die during crusade mode. Also Gold tokens can be used in place of bronze tokens. Just as a little side note, you can solo crusade mode, you don't have to have other players to play it.

As far as items go, you don't really NEED any of them. Things like exp 100% and Peso 40% are extras that help you get money or lvl up faster. Treasure Capsules give you a chance at a random prize, some being unreleased Heroes. Epic Gear Chests are pricey and what they do is give you a random Epic Gear, which can be placed on any Hero (unless its a weapon), and increase your stats for what gear you get, however depending on how much, your hero will need to be a certain level before they can use it (ex +2 is like lvl 4).

I hope I awnsered all your questions, if you need more help, just ask. Also you can try the OGPlanet Lost Saga forums here: Click me

Oh, thanks! All that was really really helpful, great reply.

I didn't even think of going to THEIR forums, that's such a good idea 8D;;

Oh, and about Boss Mode.. so THAT'S what those BIIIG players randomly around are supposed to be, then? They definitely are strong, but they're also a lot easier to hit as my Cowboy >:3

*edit* Okay, I have one more burning question here...

How *EXACTLY* does a character 'die' in this game? Like, even if t heir HP bar is out, they still keep getting up... and on 0-hp Sudden Death mode it's like everyone still actually has tons of HP. Is it like, you have to knock off all their equipment, then hit them once they're completely naked? It's pretty annoying if that's the case since they can just keep picking it up :C
    Last edited by BreakmanDX; 04-11-2010 at 01:48 PM.

Ya, basically the way it works is, when you hit 0 hp, you have 5 hits until you die, each hit removing the pieces of gear you have on, first helm, then trinket, then armor, then weapon. You can pick your gear back up, giving you more hits, but if you have no gears on, and you get hit, you die. If they are low on HP, knocking your enemy off the map will kill them, even if they have all their gears.

Again, anymore questions I'll be happy to answer them. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Tip-Toe View Post
    Ya, basically the way it works is, when you hit 0 hp, you have 5 hits until you die, each hit removing the pieces of gear you have on, first helm, then trinket, then armor, then weapon. You can pick your gear back up, giving you more hits, but if you have no gears on, and you get hit, you die. If they are low on HP, knocking your enemy off the map will kill them, even if they have all their gears.

Again, anymore questions I'll be happy to answer them. ^_^
    Oh, thanks thanks... Lol, so that's one reason it seems classes like Shadow Assassin and Boxer rule so much, they're probably the easiest things to fully kill someone once their HP reaches 0, no? These are the classes I've been having the most trouble with personally, though I guess since I like ranged classes the most so far I know the 'fast' melee guys are supposed to be best against them, so it makes sense.

I've got a couple more questions, lol...

1) is there any way to turn off that annoying arrow/flashing etc over 'BATTLE' when you're in the lounge/HQ?

2) Is there a way to auto-decline invites to random battles from random people?

3) Is there a way to ignore Yells and only Yells?

4) How do you access those little pre-written text things that generate audio counterparts, anyway? Like, I know 'gogo' or 'attack' will generate the "Go! Go!" audio, but then a lot of people do this thing that says "GoGo~" and.. well, it's kinda weird to explain, and it's a TINY little thing, but I'm just wondering how to do them, I like the little audio things.

5) What's the best way to find out info about a class you don't have yet--and CAN'T get for a long time except with Astros--before spending money on it? Like, the Spaceman looks a LOT like something I'd really like, but I can't actually earn it for a long time unless I spend Astros--and a lot of pros seem to say that if you can afford the Astros, buying permanent heroes that you like the most is the best thing to do with them ASAP to save Pesos. I guess this is sort of a dual-question also as to whether that part's true or not...

1: No one is really sure, but the arrow goes away after you rank up a bit. It isn't always there.

2: Menu -> Options -> Misc. -> Game -> Block Invites. Now this will block EVERY invite, not just ones from random ppl.

3: To turn off the Yell chat, type '/yelloff' in the chat to turn it off. If you want it back on type '/yellon'. Also, I find this useful, '/time' shows you the server time.

4: The pre-set sayings are called Macros. You can uses these by hitting certain letter keys, however I don't use them so I couldn't tell you which ones. you can edit them by going to Menu -> Options -> Misc. -> Keyboard, its somewhere in there.

5.1: Well we just had an event where you could try any hero in your HQ, but its gone. Some players will be nice enough to let you try them in fight plazas, you just have to ask. If I'm on, I'll be happy to let you try some, send a msg to "TipToe". a.k.a. me.

5.2: As for making a hero permanent (or as we call them, perma), what you hear is true. If you want to perma a hero, make sure its one you like using, this way you will always have this hero without the fear of its time running out, it also allows you to save peso for other heroes/upgrades/or what ever. I have 6 perma heroes (because I buy WAY to much Astros), so I can tell you having one makes the game a little easier in terms of money.

Again, what an awesome reply. I couldn't ask for anything more informative, lol..

Well, the biggest thing I have to comment on is 5.1 ... I really meant if there's any way to really find out about, say, Space Trooper to see if it'd be worth it to buy it with Astros thinking it would be my favorite ranged hero before actually being able to play with it, you know? It looks like something I'd love, I've seen a few other people use them and watched videos, and it LOOKS like it'd easily be one of my favorite classes if not very favorite, but spending those astros seems a bit difficult just on 'seems like', you know? Thank you for the offer though, I'll add you soon

I've seen you and that dude with the flame mage avatar here posting at the OGplanet forums a lot, I may make an account there soon as it looks like I'll probably be playing this for quite awhile, lol.

Oh, one more question, this one's along the same lines as the 'stopping annoying things' ones I asked above; is there any way to stop that HEARTBEAT that just never ever stops once either team gets like within 75% of winning in a team game? God, that gets SO obnoxious, especially when the game takes a lot longer than expected and it just goes ooooooon and ooooooon..

I think the only way to do that is to turn of sound effects or the audio of the game, you learn to drown it out.

Send me a Msg, don't add me, my friends list is full and currently glitched so I can't add you. If you have trouble finding me, ask my guild TimeHeros in the order, just about anyone whos in there will be willing to help.

wow, that sucks, lol. I hate friends lists having a maximum number at all, much less the tiny one they give for no reason in korean MMOs--and it being 'bugged' is even worse.

I'm kind of too bashful to try and ask an ESTABLISHED GUILD in a game I'm not good at yet for help but maybe if I really need it or something...

Are you ragnorok or something like that?

Anyway, you can ask my Guild, the TimeHeros guild was made to have fun with a group of people and have that group be able to help players out, new and old. Plus, I just plain out love to help people.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast