so, uh... a few questions

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fat Bowser Reputation: 10

Oh, that sounds alright then... I guess I could do it, sure.

My name on there's ragnaroq. With a Q to make it special

aaaaaaand I have another question today! How exactly do equipment upgrades work? It's like there's Basic Gear which is what each class starts out with... Epic Gear which exists for each slot for each class (I think?) that looks fancier and does something similar to, but better than, the function of that class's Basic Gear item for that slot, right? And then there's Legendary Gear, of which there are only a few pieces right now, that ANY class can wear, that does unique stuff that ANY class could find useful, like a triple jump.

So how do you find it? Is the only way buying those gear chests? And when you buy gear chests, it's random? So if say you REALLY love a specific class or a few specific classes, is it all up to luck if you can find gear for those classes or is there a way to increase the odds or specifically look for gear for a specific class? Furthermore, if you DO find epic gear for a class you never use, is there any way you can benefit from it anyway? Like, is there a way to sell or trade it to other players, or is the only thing you can do it with like do that weird upgrade thing I read about where you put, say, two hats together to make a new hat? I'm not even sure how that works, so I guess that's a separate question altogether too lol.

Still learning the ropes Reputation: 14

When you level up your hero, they get 3 Upgrade Points, which and be used to make your hero stronger. There are 2 different things to upgrade, Gear Cool Downs, and Stats. When you upgrade your gears cool downs, it means you won't have to wait as long to use a skill. If one of your gears is passive (meaning its always on, like Iron Knights Armor) then upgrading it will give you more of a certain stat, depending on the gear (ex. Iron Knights Armor when upgraded adds more def.) Stats are str, def, speed, and dex. Str makes you deal more damage, def means you take less damage, speed increases your walking speed (not dashing), and dex means you'll take less damage from falls. Now, upgrading your Cool Downs cost 1 upgrade point, while upgrading stats cost 2; however, it also cost peso to upgrade your stats, so pay attention to how much peso it will take to upgrade.

Epic gear can be wielded by ANY Hero, with one exception, the weapon. For example, you can put an Ice Mage's Epic Helm, on a Fire Mage, but you can't put an Epic Tao Warrior Spear on a Space Trooper, only the Tao Warrior can use his epic weapon. When you get an Epic Gear from the chest (which is random btw) it will come with a +# (ex. +1, +2, ect.) with a max of +10. The higher that number is, the higher the level of your Hero must be. As for upgrading epic gear, you need two perma gears, one to upgrade, and one as a mat, and will get an increase of either +2, +1, or +0.

Now Epic Gear is just better looking Gear for your heroes, their skills are the same, but what ever the +# was increases your stats by that much. For example, a +4 Fire Mage staff will add +4 to your base stats on your str and weapon cool down. helm gives you more dex, armor gives you more def, and trinket gives you more speed (just like upgrading Passive gear).

Legendary Gear are gears that don't belong to any specific hero, which means they have skills that no other hero has. As of right now the only way to get them is to get lucky with the Treasure Capsules, which cost Astros (a.k.a real money).
    Last edited by Tip-Toe; 04-12-2010 at 10:43 PM.

okay. Well, again, thanks for the great reply, but... well, first of all, why did you explain the level-up system to me? Haha, I actually knew all about that already.. I was just asking about gear ;;

So you say that anyone can use any Epic gear except the weapons are class-specific? So is all the gear actually "for" each class or are they just general items like say... There's an Epic Fire Mage Staff and an Epic Ice Mage Staff, but are the Hat, Armor and Trinket all like for Fire Mage or Ice Mage, or "General Mage" or what? Is it really FOR a specific class like an "Epic Ice Mage Hat" but it just so happens anyone can use it because that's how epic stuff works?
    And on the same line, does that mean you can easily give any class any skill kinda like that? Like you could say give Drill Sergeant to an Iron Knight and replace Headbutt via epics?
    And lastly as far as epic gear, how do you FIND Epic Gear? That's one of the main things I was trying to ask, and I still don't get it. Is it ONLY via those chests you can buy in the Shop or what? Is there any other way to earn it, and is there any way to earn gear for a specific Hero or is it random?

With Epic gear you can mix and match any gear from any hero reguadless of class type, so long as its not a weapon, you can equip to any hero.

Chest are the only way of getting epic gear (if there will be a new way later on, idk), you will have to buy them from the shop, or get lucky and fish one up. there are many events on the OGPlanet forums that are simple and take about 2 mins to do and it will get you a gear chest for free.

ahhh interesting. I might check out that ... weird stuff that gets you chests sometime lol.

Okay, so here's a big fat question that you can only really answer i guess if you're quite good at the game and/or your guild is:

I was in a small 3v3 Prisoner game earlier with some dude that was kind of 'supposed' to be a 1v1 but then it filled up. So, my team consisted of myself and a couple semi-new players (I was able to bet them pretty well 2v1 with me being a Space Trooper and them both being melee classes, lol) .. and the other team? All three good players (level ~30+ on each class I saw) and seemed to know each other and be well-coordinated. Of course they wrecked us.

Well, these guys obviously had good coordination, good skills (shaman that would do some weird move that'd flip you over him to a pit behind him that I never saw shamans do up to that point, but he was wearing some weird headgear) and good levelled characters so they'd have won easy anyway, but they did one thing that really, REALLY REALLY bothered me, and I've got to ask about:
    They's switch heroes, like, REALLY fast, constantly really... That kind of scares me honestly, it makes me feel like I'm going to have to perm-buy a league of heroes AND equip them well AND level them well AND worst of all, actually have the ability as a person to be able to switch heroes on a constant basis to do all kinds of super complicated little things that honestly ruins the 'simple depth' the game offers by simply letting you choose a hero you like and using their small set of moves to the best of their abilities. I can COMPLETELY understand having at least one perm hero from each 'class type' (a fast melee, heavy melee, ranger and mage) and I can KIND OF understand having certain classes just to cast a buff then switch back (i.e. Iron Knight for Haste) but these guys were doing crazy crap like switching to Space Trooper at a range then going close and using up the close-range shock thing, then switching to Shadow Assassin and kicking your ***, then switching to Shaman to cast that spell that makes you follow them then getting close to an edge and flipping you over, taking you from full health to completely dead in like 10 seconds. It... it's too much to me to have to do something like that just to even be competitive. My idea of fun in the game would be to have a handful of heroes I really love and just use them really one full round at a time, changing them only if like say my team has enough ranged classes so I need to play a melee or whatever, I don't know if I'd find it fun anymore if you really have to do crazy stuff like that.

I guess my *question* would be 'do you really have to play like that to be competitive or if you're good enough with a single hero could you potentially trump even players who did crazy stuff like that?' but honestly it was more of just a rant lol.

I GUESS if I'd get off my butt and contact that guild of yours I'd be able to get good enough skills to not worry about it anyway, I guess I'm just kind of flabbergasted since I just got owned so fully and completely, lol

What those players are doing is called 'Swap Combos' by using a bunch of skills with weapons and skills to take off a large chunk of HP in just a few hits. Some players only have 2 heroes to pull of swap combos. I don't really use them to often, I like using one hero, and then switch if I feel like I wanna play as someone else. I have swap combos in mind but I don't use them often.

I guess what I'm saying is you don't have to use swap combos to get good, but if you got the chance to use them, do so. Most times, another player on a persons team will interrupt your combo, so you have make sure you have time to do it. I hope I answered your question.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12