Getting Started with the Public Test Server
The public test server (PTS) is accessed with a separate Aion client. You must install this PTS client, even if Aion is installed on your PC already. There are two ways to go about with this, one which requires much less time and bandwidth. Keep in mind that while these instructions will help you get started, the PTS server will not be available before the 29th of April.
Method 1: Duplication of Already Existing Installation
1. Browse to the Aion installation directory on your local hard drive.
2. Copy the folder and paste it into the same location (for example, “C:/Program Files/NCsoft/”).
3. Rename the new folder to AionPTS. The name must be changed to exactly “AionPTS” for the copy to work.
4. Boot up the NCsoft launcher. The NCsoft launcher should detect the newly created folder as the PTS client and list it in the left pane of the launcher.
5. Patch (if needed), and launch the game!
6. Log in using the same username and password that you do as on the normal servers. Enjoy!
Method 2: Fresh Installation
1. Download the 9.8 GB Aion PTS client installer from one of the following locations:
2. Launch the installer and follow the installation instructions. A new game title, “AionPTS,” will appear in your NCsoft launcher.
3. Patch (if needed), and launch the game!
4. Log in using the same username and password that you do as on the normal servers. Enjoy!
Enjoying playing the test version, and let us know about any comments or questions you have or bugs you find. Please note that the PTS is not a suitable server to play main characters on, since characters may at any point in time be removed or modified due to testing reasons. In other words, such characters are temporary.
Do you want to the Aion team to answer your question or discuss a topic of your choice? Drop us an email with your character name, server, and question at email@example.com