Classchoice, help please

Hybrid View

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default Classchoice, help please

So I'm trying to figure out which class to play. I just want to play the game for a casual slayfest from time to time so the most important thing is probably that the class should be good at killing a lot of mobs in a short ammount of time.

I'm really into the whole concept of a force-blader, but then again every video/guide i check says theyre only good for debuffs etc.

So, which class would YOU pick to kill lots of mobs in a fun way and why?
    (Im partial to Warrior/ForceBlader/Forceshielder atm, so preferbly one of those)

Thx

Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 10

Well i think Wizard or Blader would fit your style ?
    Wizard can kill fast and a lot of mobs
    Bladers are also very good in Dungeons ?
    Im a lvl 104 Force Blader... Solo Dungeon is sometimes really hard, but in PvP im very good thought round about 80% winrate xD

Level 15 forceblader now. I simply picked the class I think ill enjoy the most in the long run.

2 questions tho:

1. Im level 15 and I still cant use my combo skill, waaat? Where do I learn it?
    2. Have they synced the magic and sword-leveling now? Seems theyre always at the same level.

Yeah.. the Sword and Magic Skill EXP are sync now.. its easier to lvl the skill up
    Lol.. you will get the combo skill at lvl 20 i think .. so 5 lvl more to go

Level 25 now, still no combo :|

Someone said it was level 30 now tho, so Im hoping for that.
    Found a chaos lamp and got an epaulet i sold for 1 mil quickly . Should I invest in some skill+ gear?

Thats strange dude... you should be able to use the combo skill at 10
    Did you do the quest for it ?
    You need to do the rank up quest
    Buy some nice skill if needed... with you money ^^

Dante’s Inferno Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Charliew87 View Post
    Found a chaos lamp and got an epaulet i sold for 1 mil quickly .
    Wow. Don't count that happening a lot --- usually you get a stack of 50 lvl 3 potions or return stones.

Should I invest in some skill+ gear?
    Eventually, yes. Skill Exp + ("... of Adept") can be crafted on Aramid/Shadowsteel/Citrin and upwards, which you should be able to use somewhere in the low 40s, IIRC. There's no need to spend insane amounts of money on skillexp+4 gear --- go for skillexp+3 (which also has +2 on the item itself) or even settle for skillexp+2 (which has no + on the item itself and should be very cheap). Rings and Amulets might be slightly different, I don't remember for sure (and I don't generally use these anyway, since I need some items to get some survival stats). Adept bracelets should be cheap as hell, but they start at lvl 70 so nothing to worry about right away.

Considering that you get your crafting skill at lvl 50, you could even save the money for the item class that you intend to select for crafting, and use Adept to level your crafting (still need to burn the first 20% on something else, though).

Try to use that stuff "as much as possible". I found that even when you change your armor to something better (in terms of defense), using the skillexp+ weapon is still a good option. "Some" skillexp+ is better than none.
    My current game status
    ( Not playing anythiing these days, seems F2P MMO"RP"Gs have finally pissed me off enough )
    Went back to Cabal for a bit, but PK isn't my thing at all, so I don't know how long I'll stay this time.

Cloud13's Clown Reputation: 57

As a force blader, the thing you'll probably have to worry about the most is your survivability. All that really means is you have to play smart and learn your class.

Force Bladers sit at a very unfortunate spot in terms of defensive stat growths and the fact that Battle armor excels in neither defense or defense rate, which basically adds up to you being squishy and you almost never dodging a hit.

Stunlock combos help your cause a lot (Infernal Stigma), and you shouldn't be too worried if you find yourself using your Battle Mode 1 more often than just about everyone else.

Also make sure to get Lightning, Aqua, Wind, and Earth Cannon skills to at least level 18 SOME time to increase the potential of your BM1. Don't bother maxing those cannon skills until you're Trans/Trans.

Be sure to maximize your crit rate with the help of Lightning Blade (and eventually you'll be able to stack it with Ice Blade...level 140 Rank up) and putting crit rings in your ring slots.

If I'm not mistaken, you should be able to max your crit rate with 3 RoL+1s, your base crit rate, one weapon with crafted crit rate (crit damage double slot), and Lightning Blade all combined. You can throw a Critical ring in the last ring slot to up your critical damage a little.

At around level 120-135, your gear should look kind of like this:

Titanium Katana/Blade +6, 4% Critical rate craft, 20% Critical damage in slots.
    Pherystin Crystal +6, Crit damage craft (highest you can afford), 20% Critical damage in slots.

OR

Osmium Katana/Blade +6, 4% Critical rate craft, 20% critical damage in slots.
    Lapis Crystal +6, crit damage craft, 20% crit damage in slots

(you have to be super rich to get this weapon set up. It's also fair game to have 1 Titanium weapon and 1 Osmium weapon, i.e. Titanium Katana with above stats and Lapis Crystal with just 20% damage and no craft)

Osmium Battlehelm +6, 16% Critical damage craft (or higher), 20% Critical damage in slots
    Osmium Battlesuit +6, 7% Sword Skill Amp in 1 slot, 50 HP in the other.
    Terragrace Battlegloves +5/6, 4-5% Sword Skill Amp craft.
    Terragrace Battleboots +5/6, 4-5% Sword Skill Amp craft.
    Ring of Luck +1 in 3 of your ring slots
    Critical Ring +1 in the last slot
    Epaulet of Fighter +6
    *Earring of Guard +2 (x2)
    *Bracelet of Fighter +2 (x2)

*You need to have high enough Honor rank to equip these. Honor rank can be gained by questing early on, doing Nation Wars (especially in the 95-125 range), and running Plate of Honor quests.

In the end-game (140+), all of your weapons and armor should either have Sword Skill amp +5-7% or Critical damage (at least 20%). By the time you can stack Ice Blade with your Lightning Blade, you'll be able to cap out your crit rate ridiculously easy, so focusing on other damage boosting stats will help you out a lot more.

If you're REALLY dedicated, you would get Forcium Amp weapons for your final gear (500-600 mill per weapon).

And just as a note, they changed around the rank up rewards and put combo at 30, aura at 10, and BM1 at 20.

Weird change, but whatever I guess.

Slogan created by Kai and Me

Had to help my sis for a couple o days but im back now. Level 42 now, gotten ridiculously bad drops from chaoslamps and started to do more "not normal" qs to get some honor. These quests are getting really tiresome now tho, more than often theyre just "kill 60 of *random white-yellow mob*".

Is there any way of getting map parts easy? Had some lake of dusk maps from qs / cl's and HOLY COW was it good exp/drops. Even found a couple o vamp+20lifedrain boots in there which are awesome .

Quote Originally Posted by Kargor View Post
    Wow. Don't count that happening a lot --- usually you get a stack of 50 lvl 3 potions or return stones.
    Got muster card B2F yesterday, sold for 2.5 mil. Gotta love being lucky .
    Still loving the forceblader btw, with all the buffs I have and the vamp boots I can solo red mobs with a + on their name without losing hp at all. I feel the game is very narrowly balanced since if you have the best gear obtainable the mobs hit you for like 3, but if you just swap ONE piece out for skill+ you get hit for 25ish which makes soloing lots of mobs at the same time hard.

Think Im gonna check into a forceshielder too, they seem rare too and from what Ive seen theyre at least decent for soloing.

Thx for all the hints btw
    Last edited by Charliew87; 05-01-2010 at 10:41 AM. Reason: -=Doublepost=-

Cloud13's Clown Reputation: 57

Quote Originally Posted by Charliew87 View Post
    Got muster card B2F yesterday, sold for 2.5 mil. Gotta love being lucky .
    Still loving the forceblader btw, with all the buffs I have and the vamp boots I can solo red mobs with a + on their name without losing hp at all. I feel the game is very narrowly balanced since if you have the best gear obtainable the mobs hit you for like 3, but if you just swap ONE piece out for skill+ you get hit for 25ish which makes soloing lots of mobs at the same time hard.
    Late response. Sorry, I forgot I had posted here.

When you reach higher up in CABAL, you're going to be taking serious damage, no matter how good your armor gets (forcium +6/7).

In CABAL, Defense RATE (aka evasion) is far superior to Defense for about the first 130 levels.

If I recall correctly, the soft cap for defense rate is 4,000 in CABAL. Once you pass 4,000, your evasion hardly goes up at all.

Once you reach things like Pontus Ferrum (140+ map) and higher end dungeons (115+), defense rate starts to get pretty obsolete. You'll need to pack some vamp gear or boost your defense, while at the same time not losing any damage output.

At the same time, you'll never have enough defense to completely tank anything as a force blader, even if you were to rig your stat build to equip the armor set (Forcium Battle set > Osmium Armor set).

Also, it gets to the point where you HAVE to have really good gear.

Not sure if you're familiar with this or not, but in CABAL there's a term that's known as "breaking defense."

If you look at your stat window, there will be a number in parenthesis next to your base attack if you push a skill button.

In order to deal significant damage on high end monsters (Mutant Forest and beyond, Lv 125), that number has to be high enough to break monster defense, otherwise your damage is SIGNIFICANTLY reduced.

That's why, for the end game, you really need to upgrade to Osmium weapons or higher, and especially for force bladers who have shat for base attack, you need amp in those weapon slots to raise your numbers high enough to break.

All of this being said, yes, CABAL does become very narrowly balanced after level 125.

If you aren't Godly at level 130+, you aren't getting anywhere.

Pass or fail. There's no middle ground for the end-game.

Slogan created by Kai and Me