Aion 2.0 Test server released in korea!

Lives in City of Zeroes Reputation: 20

Default Aion 2.0 Test server released in korea!

That's right, the long awaited 2.0 patch for Aion just went into testing for Korean players today. They've announced it'll be in testing for 1 month, and that patch notes will be translated and hopefully released to the NA/EU players next week. We got 1.9 test server roughly a month after korea launched 1.9 so we shouldn't have too long to wait for 2.0 for ourselves!
    The Korean Public Test Server today launched the much anticipated version 2.0 of Aion. Our ambition is not only toprovide this content on our Western servers as soon as we can, but also to constantly relay information about these updates as soon as they appear in Korea.

The patchnotes for 2.0 will to this end be published right here on aiononline.com. Unfortunately we received the notes late this time around. Since they are so large and since we don’t have any particular affinity for machine translations,we’ll need a few days to translate and ready them for you (they’re over 38 pages!).

We’ll post these fully translated patch notes for 2.0 in English, French and German as soonas we can. The aim is to get them your way early next week. Stay tuned!

- The Aion Community Team

I've personally looked at the korean patch notes and alot of us over at Aionsource have tried to decipher some of it, so far it's been confirmed they're releasing a pet system which I'm stoked for. So far we've seen a panda,mule,sheep and one of those little mushroom spores. Each pet will do something different (mule works as an item carrier, another pet will alert you when opposite race is nearby) anyways 2.0 is only a few months away now! Woo!
    Last edited by Valostar; 04-30-2010 at 02:28 AM.

Subscribe to my youtube channel!

Currently playing:
    Nothing

Dante’s Inferno Reputation: 41

Very good news indeed,too bad seeing how long NCWest is taking to translate 1.9 i can't imagine how long we will have to wait to see it realeased in NA/EU
    "One man can be a crucial ingredient on a team, but one man cannot make a team"

"A good leader is a person who takes a little more than his share of the blame, and a little less than his share of the credit"

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 260

Do you need to sub to be on the test server? I stopped subbing but I plan to come back once 2.0 comes.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 174

mmm...2.0 isn't the new aion...is it? what more r they gonna add in this patch?

yea....realized they changed the version to aion 3.0...
    YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
    "When it comes to the past, EVERYONE writes fiction." -Stephen King

Lives in City of Zeroes Reputation: 20

Quote Originally Posted by Paladuck View Post
    Do you need to sub to be on the test server? I stopped subbing but I plan to come back once 2.0 comes.
    Well the test server for 2.0 is in Korea, and as for the NA/EU test server, they released it giving everyone the impression 1.9 was on it but it was just highered rates and 1.9 should be on it soon. So hopefully we'll be seeing 2.0 in the next couple of months. Like I said, keep an eye out on the main Aion website for translated patch notes hopefully this week! Also, yes you need to be subbed to be on the test server (you use your actual username and pass to log in)

Quote Originally Posted by Asiankid0 View Post
    mmm...2.0 isn't the new aion...is it? what more r they gonna add in this patch?
    yea....realized they changed the version to aion 3.0...
    No, 2.0 isn't even half of what you saw in the "visions" trailer, but it will be a large patch and it is highly anticipated. I currently don't know ALL the features but as I mentioned above there will be pets coming for 2.0 (unfortunately no mounts yet!)

There will be
    Ornament pets - as the name says, no real function
    Alarm pet - alarms you if opponent race is spotted on radar
    Efficient pet - feeding it will give you a special gift
    Bag pet - mobile storage pet
    Compound pet - has mixed abilities from the other pets

Got to This link here and scroll down for a preview of some pets.

Also they've said that 3.0 isn't necessarily a patch of everything you saw in the "visions" trailer, but those are all just a preview of what they may or may not add in future updates.
    Last edited by Valostar; 05-03-2010 at 01:28 PM.

Subscribe to my youtube channel!

Currently playing:
    Nothing