Ryzom: Open Source Project~

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 30

Default Ryzom: Open Source Project~

Well, as some of you know the 3D MMORPG Ryzom has went Open Source. I am currently downloading the source files and plan on compiling them by tommorow.

So far it is only me and a few IRL friends who will be working on this project but I hope to find some more dedicated team members here. There are many positions we are looking for:

Programmers (C++): If any of you are experienced with C++ this would be a great help to add brand new features into the game

Writers: We will be recreating an entirely new game. We will need a new story line, lore, Races/Classes and much more.

Website Developers: We will need some people to help work on the upcoming website for this project.

Graphics: We are also looking for 3D Modelers and Animators as well as concept artists and website artists.

Support: Either supporting users with troubleshooting or just being there to show your support for this project.

If anyone is interested or has any questions feel free to respond to this topic.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shit Sticks View Post
    F*ck, you guys want to play something together? Looking for an 4we5umz gr4f1x game. Also, who ever wants, let's go ahead and play Gamez Aion. It's a private server, yes, but playing just to see how Aion is, if satisfied, well, I'll buy it.

Lovez~...
    And who thought the forum name spoke for itself? xD

Xfire ID: MateriaCloud

Currently Playing
    Lost Saga IGN: Unknown
    League of Legends IGN: Liquidated

Waiting For
    FF14
    The old Republic

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 3

Quote Originally Posted by MateriaCloud View Post
    Well, as some of you know the 3D MMORPG Ryzom has went Open Source. I am currently downloading the source files and plan on compiling them by tommorow.

So far it is only me and a few IRL friends who will be working on this project but I hope to find some more dedicated team members here. There are many positions we are looking for:

Programmers (C++): If any of you are experienced with C++ this would be a great help to add brand new features into the game

Writers: We will be recreating an entirely new game. We will need a new story line, lore, Races/Classes and much more.

Website Developers: We will need some people to help work on the upcoming website for this project.

Graphics: We are also looking for 3D Modelers and Animators as well as concept artists and website artists.

Support: Either supporting users with troubleshooting or just being there to show your support for this project.

If anyone is interested or has any questions feel free to respond to this topic.

Thanks.

Soo.. what are you and your IRL friends going to be doing?

---------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I make 3D models, contact me if you need anything related to 3D.

Quote Originally Posted by vishsm View Post
    Soo.. what are you and your IRL friends going to be doing?
    I am currently learning programming, building the website and will be paying for the servers.

We would like to get a team established and then assign a team leader and goals to keep things organized as we go.

I'm going to start compiling the source soon but I am also learning as I go.

One of my friends is a basic java programmer and the other is a artist.
    F*ck, you guys want to play something together? Looking for an 4we5umz gr4f1x game. Also, who ever wants, let's go ahead and play Gamez Aion. It's a private server, yes, but playing just to see how Aion is, if satisfied, well, I'll buy it.

Lovez~...

Currently Playing

Waiting For
    FF14
    The old Republic

Insert Forgotten Title here Reputation: 131

Quote Originally Posted by MateriaCloud View Post
    Sounds like fun, mang.

I wish you luck, you'll need it. Developing a game can take a long while. :(

[19:45] ♥Moloko Lynx♥: Flight sims would even suit you, Riz. You seem to have the sensibilities of an old man.
    Member since May 8, 2004.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

I added you to my msn - message me when you get time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefos View Post
    Sounds like fun, mang.

I wish you luck, you'll need it. Developing a game can take a long while.
    Thanks. It has proven to be some work but I have high hopes for this project. Im interested to see what a bunch of MMO Gamers can come up with.

Lovez~...

Currently Playing

Waiting For
    FF14
    The old Republic

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Talking

i could write if need be
    Imagination is the only thing that could turn an normal eraser into A BATTLE SHIP THATS SOUL GOAL IS TO RULE THE WORLD MUHAHAHAHA!!!!!!....Ah math class can be a bunch of fun, you just need to know what to look for

Samus' Girdle Reputation: 10

Best of luck to you with this project!

I played around with it when it first went open source and while I made a lot of progress learning how to use the tools and learn the code structure, I decided against using it for my project when I got ahold of a license of the BigWorld engine