Thread: Good Wireless Router Suggestion?

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 118

Default Good Wireless Router Suggestion?

Currently I'm using a Netgear Wireless N Router But playing games I have horrible reaction lag (click a button, reacts 2 minutes later) and I believe the router is the problem. This is happening on the other computers as well with certain games.

Does anyone have a good suggestion for a wireless router that could handle 2 Computers (Desktops) and 3 Laptop Computers? About all of them are for gaming and aren't necessarily used for the same manner at the same time.

All suggestions are helpful/any technical help that might fix these lag problems without the intrusion of money help as well.

Pellet Eater Reputation: 15

Turn off the same network on other computers, so only 1 is using it.

Phantom's Freak Reputation: 107

how far are you from the router, is the signal weak (1-2 bars) or strong (4-5)

if your router is in the garage, and you are on the 2nd floor, the signal has to go through numerous objects that weaken your signal drasticly, like concrete, metal beams, thick walls, etc

try to get as close as possible to it, play for a while and see if that happens again, otherwise, post the speccs of your laptop/desktop