Xseed/Falcom Partnership!!!

Str1der's Stooge Reputation: 52

Default Xseed/Falcom Partnership!!!

Starting this summer, Falcom’s suite of PSP games are coming to North America care of Xseed. The two companies worked out a deal that gives Xseed exclusive rights to Ys and The Legend of Heroes series. Falcom sounds estatic about the agreement.

We are ecstatic to partner with XSEED Games on multiple new releases, said Toshihiro Kondo, President of Falcom. Their passion and reputation for working on outstanding RPGs is in line with our own development philosophy and assures me that our fans in North America will be getting the best English versions of our games possible.

Six titles from the partnership have been announced: Ys SEVEN, Ys:The Oath in Felghana, Ys I & II Chronicles, and The Legend of the Heroes: Trails in the Sky trilogy.
    http://www.siliconera.com/2010/05/14...-nihon-falcom/

And FYI, the Trails Of The Sky trilogy is the Sora No Kiseki trilogy. **** YES!

Currently playing: FFXIV (Elucifer Arclight, Brynhildr server), LoL (Zacewing, NA server), SMITE (Zacewing)

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 196

Meh The Legend of Heroes is terrible on the PSP. Looks more like a DS game.

XSEED should make it 3D and put out for ps2.

Edit: I just really hate the PSP screen...so terrible.
    Last edited by Groteske; 05-15-2010 at 05:40 AM.

She knows how to party.

Quote Originally Posted by Groteske View Post
    Meh The Legend of Heroes is terrible on the PSP. Looks more like a DS game.

XSEED should make it 3D and put out for ps2.
    XSeed isn't a developer, they're just a publisher. And the original versions of the games were released on PC, iirc. Besides, nobody makes PS2 games anymore.

And I played A Tear Of Vermillion on PSP, and I loved it. Can't say the same for Song Of The Ocean, however.

Currently playing: FFXIV (Elucifer Arclight, Brynhildr server), LoL (Zacewing, NA server), SMITE (Zacewing)

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 196

Quote Originally Posted by SorenEmblem View Post
    XSeed isn't a developer, they're just a publisher. And the original versions of the games were released on PC, iirc. Besides, nobody makes PS2 games anymore.

And I played A Tear Of Vermillion on PSP, and I loved it. Can't say the same for Song Of The Ocean, however.
    Yeah I know but they can work with Falcom to localize The Legend of Heroes series on a better console then the PSP. I mean I've played tears of Vermillion on a PSP and it was the worst handheld experience I have ever had.

Also haven't most of those Ys games been re-released many times?

She knows how to party.

500+ Posts???? Reputation: 43

Wish they would atleast release a digital download of Sora No Kiseki for the PC....guess ill keep on lurking the fan-translation sites....

Quote Originally Posted by Groteske View Post
    Yeah I know but they can work with Falcom to localize The Legend of Heroes series on a better console then the PSP. I mean I've played tears of Vermillion on a PSP and it was the worst handheld experience I have ever had.

Also haven't most of those Ys games been re-released many times?
    Ys Seven is the newest game in the series. I think Oath in Felgana or whatever it's called is either a port or it's only available in English as a fan-translation right now (I'm not sure which), and Ys I & II is yet another port.

Banned Reputation: 113

Quote Originally Posted by SorenEmblem View Post
    Ys Seven is the newest game in the series. I think Oath in Felgana or whatever it's called is either a port or it's only available in English as a fan-translation right now (I'm not sure which), and Ys I & II is yet another port.
    Oath in Felghana is a re-imaging of the third game, and Ys Chronicles is an improved port

But I'm seriously happy about these news, Peace Walker was already my reason to get a new PSP and now this news? Talk about pushing it to the LIMIT

Banned Reputation: 161

PSP ehh.. I guess il have to get one soon.