League of Legends [Discussion]

Sun? What Sun? Reputation: 21

wow.. Morde and shaco are pretty much awesome... shaco doesn't feel right atm.. but pentakill morde = beast
    Nope

Banned Reputation: 17

uninstalled lol and never looking back solo que is not worth it anymore did they reset solo que elo or something just some morons as a team

Arri's Animal Reputation: 133

who needs DPS when you have all tanks!

going against lvl 30 premades.
    LeagueofLegends-ChuckleButt

Marineking's Minion Reputation: 88

Quote Originally Posted by korncob View Post
    So I reinstalled the game and tried it again today after a break, and I've already quit again..

First team I get is a retarded sona who goes afk for the first 15 minutes, then she comes back and rushes the lane and ends up 0/6/0 5~10 minutes later....then I get yelled at for using my ult to save my *** when I'm about to die because I "saved the enemy" even though he died.

Nobody buys wards, ever, on my team. EVER. Yet the entire other team buys wards ganks us when we do dragon/blue buff etc.

Yes I buy wards, but it's OBVIOUS there's something wrong here when every ****ing game I play everyone on my team feeds but me, everyone on my team ignores wards but me, everyone pushes like mad in the laning phase but me, and everyone blames me for everything going wrong even though they're all negative and I have 5/2/5 type scores 25 minutes in. I'm sick and tired of this game, it's become so un-fun I just can't stand it anymore.

Here's to DOTA 2 hopefully fixing those problems and being somewhat easier to get into than HoN.
    Just play HoN because it's going to be the exact same thing like DotA 2 except for the HoN heroes. You're going to get the same elitist asses that are in HoN right now. How do you think HoN got that way? It's because of DotA~ and the DotA community is still the same way. They'll treat you like crap if you don't know how to play. And DotA 2 is going to have everything that DotA 1 already has.

Either play HoN and prepare yourself by playing with a bunch of jerks and then play DotA 2 with the same jerks, or not play at all, and stick with the LoL downs syndrome kiddies.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 125

Quote Originally Posted by Unplayed View Post
    ww can jungle without smite too and without buying 1 potion at all
    True that, but I find that Olaf is more useful in the long run.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 119

Quote Originally Posted by KREVA View Post
    Just play HoN because it's going to be the exact same thing like DotA 2 except for the HoN heroes. You're going to get the same elitist asses that are in HoN right now. How do you think HoN got that way? It's because of DotA~ and the DotA community is still the same way. They'll treat you like crap if you don't know how to play. And DotA 2 is going to have everything that DotA 1 already has.

Either play HoN and prepare yourself by playing with a bunch of jerks and then play DotA 2 with the same jerks, or not play at all, and stick with the LoL downs syndrome kiddies.
    I have it, but it's too hard to get into. I've played around 20 games and I'm still completely terrible and have no idea what's going on half the time...I just can't get a grip on it and the matchmaking puts me with pro's since it starts at 1500 elo so I either gotta inconvenience a shatload of pro's until I reach the depths of ELO hell or I gotta join non-ranked games where everyone just leaves when they're losing/pro's come in and pubstomp/etc.

Not necessarily into the coaching system, though it seems nice, however I'm hoping the matchmaking will be a whole lot better.
    Currently Playing :
    Waiting on :
    Stuff
    AO Engine upgrade + Rebalance!
    -------
    -------
    -------
    -------
    -------
    -------
    Xfire : Korncob | Steam : Korncob/Korncobsleep/Korncobsleeping

Quote Originally Posted by korncob View Post
    I have it, but it's too hard to get into. I've played around 20 games and I'm still completely terrible and have no idea what's going on half the time...I just can't get a grip on it and the matchmaking puts me with pro's since it starts at 1500 elo so I either gotta inconvenience a shatload of pro's until I reach the depths of ELO hell or I gotta join non-ranked games where everyone just leaves when they're losing/pro's come in and pubstomp/etc.

Not necessarily into the coaching system, though it seems nice, however I'm hoping the matchmaking will be a whole lot better.
    No one plays Match Making dude... it's a horrible system and it's just as bad as Solo Queue in LoL. Best thing for you to do is play as many practice games as you can to get used to the game and then find a static team with players you enjoy playing with. In serious tournament games, it's all banning pick. Only game modes I play on HoN are AP, BP, and BD (Banning Draft). That's how you gotta play the game. It isn't like LoL where you can just do an arranged ranked game.

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 25

even for a dota player, HoN isn't easy to get into (compared to LoL)
    terrible item shop (guess that carried over from dota..)
    terrible design of the creeps as well as the colouring of the champions making it hard to distinguish which one is your ally and which one is your opponent.
    terrible skill explanations. they felt the need to put this long, useless mumbo-jumbo text into the skill box as opposed to "stun the target for x seconds, y damage"
    16 recommended items when you only have 6 slots..

dota 2.0 most likely would have some elitists as well, but they are putting efforts into making the community better with giving out rewards and whatnot for being helpful to others. and the coaching system does sound pretty good. but it's going to have similar problems to HoN though which is most players would expect you to know the game right from the get-go since it's a direct port of dota. so if i were you, i'd learn dota from now if you don't want to have that kind of a problem.

back to LoL: had terrible gaming day yesterday.. my teams were full of level 20+ idiots. how can you be level 25, play as mordekaiser and died 3 times before even hitting level 6 against TEEMO ?!?!?

Raiyne's Rock Band Reputation: 34

Quote Originally Posted by djudjud View Post

back to LoL: had terrible gaming day yesterday.. my teams were full of level 20+ idiots. how can you be level 25, play as mordekaiser and died 3 times before even hitting level 6 against TEEMO ?!?!?
    Some people are afraid to use mords skills cause they cost HP i've seen plenty of mords with a empty shield even though there is a whole minion wave in front of them.... It's so sad that people can't even play an OP champ well >.>

As for me my lol gaming day has just started i need to practice playing jungle fiddle cause it seems fiddle is the only champ i cant play well....I seriously miss with his ult like EVERYTIME i try

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishGeneral View Post
    wasd is for kids, scrubs and wowfags

Quote Originally Posted by djudjud View Post
    terrible item shop (guess that carried over from dota..)
    terrible design of the creeps as well as the colouring of the champions making it hard to distinguish which one is your ally and which one is your opponent.
    terrible skill explanations. they felt the need to put this long, useless mumbo-jumbo text into the skill box as opposed to "stun the target for x seconds, y damage"
    16 recommended items when you only have 6 slots..

dota 2.0 most likely would have some elitists as well, but they are putting efforts into making the community better with giving out rewards and whatnot for being helpful to others. and the coaching system does sound pretty good. but it's going to have similar problems to HoN though which is most players would expect you to know the game right from the get-go since it's a direct port of dota. so if i were you, i'd learn dota from now if you don't want to have that kind of a problem.

I've never had a problem distinguishing my team from my enemy since you really can't have 2 of the same heroes in the same map (without more options in the game which is retarded).

The skill explanations weren't difficult to me at all either. Only thing that took time for me when I first started playing was figuring out which hero was which. This was during the beta (there was no tutorial games or practice. It made you jump straight into the action and figure it out for yourself.) The skill explanations are very simple now to figure out what does what.

The so-called "16 recommended items" with your 6 slots are all situational depending on the team you're up against as well as the role you play with your team. Because it's a port, the learning curve is very steep. Sure, there are a couple of items that are new to HoN that aren't in DotA, but they aren't significantly called "game changers". Along with the new heroes that were made from HoN themselves, you get used to them as if they were apart of DotA all along. Some even have some skills from different heroes in DotA meshed into one hero.

DotA 2.0 are going to have just as much asses as HoN does or even more. DotA is a much, much, much harder game in general compared to HoN even though HoN is a direct port with some original things placed in it. So if you don't know how to play DotA or HoN, you're going to be treated like crap in 2.0.

Best thing to do in HoN before you go into games, guns-a-blazin' is play practice games, get used to all of the heroes. This isn't like LoL with free heroes week where you can test everything. Everything is in your face 100%.

Practice makes perfect.

LoL related:

Quote Originally Posted by mysticnoob View Post
    Some people are afraid to use mords skills cause they cost HP i've seen plenty of mords with a empty shield even though there is a whole minion wave in front of them.... It's so sad that people can't even play an OP champ well >.>

As for me my lol gaming day has just started i need to practice playing jungle fiddle cause it seems fiddle is the only champ i cant play well....I seriously miss with his ult like EVERYTIME i try
    I'm probably one of the only few Fiddle players who uses a Randuin's Omen. While my team initiates a team fight, I chill back throwing up the ulti and the moment I get into that group, I blast Randuin's Omen to slow them all down to take the full blast of my ulti. I usually fear the support/runners and drain their health. If I take too much flak, I pop my Zhonya's Ring to survive and then flash away. Randuin's is not something you'd expect on a Fiddle. Which is why it works.
    Last edited by KREVA; 10-17-2010 at 09:55 PM.

Page 1011 of 4290 FirstFirst ... 1151191196110011009101010111012101310211061111115112011 ... LastLast