Page 1429 of 1720 FirstFirst ... 42992913291379141914271428142914301431143914791529 ... LastLast
Results 35,701 to 35,725 of 42996

Thread: League of Legends [Discussion]

Ape for Diddy Reputation: 22

Sounds legit - a guy with 1 post trying to promote a "hack". Also that's 100% just a hidden referral link so don't listen to him.

In the video he had written to get to lvl5(that's the previous level referrals had to get their accounts in order for the player who you're helping out to get RP, now it's lvl10 so go figure..) .

Anyway, I would be very grateful if a mod could remove this guy's post from here or just permaban him altogether.

Codename: Duchess Reputation: 195

Wow, scammers are getting lazy now days..

Pellet Eater Reputation: 15

Lux, Beast in the right hands, or mediocre at best?

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 162

Quote Originally Posted by Redonkulous View Post
    Lux, Beast in the right hands, or mediocre at best?
    In the right hands a monster.
    In the wrong hands laughable.

Marineking's Minion Reputation: 93

HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 29

morg does almost everything lux does but better

やめてください! Reputation: 296

Quote Originally Posted by lolRawrrr View Post
    morg does almost everything lux does but better
    Lux has burst though. Burst that is screwed up by 3 skillshots and disgustingly long CDs.

I wish Riot would scrap the whole "Lux is a support!" thing and just turn her into a complete AP carry. That's how I play her anyway.

I think that's how most play her.
    Last edited by Acreon; 07-15-2012 at 09:33 PM. Reason: hur hur

Problem is, Lux can't run for shit. You CC her's she's dead. Morgana, just pray to god she doesn't shield on time to die while she ruins all your team fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Acreon View Post
    I think that's how most play her.
    Yeah but Riot doesn't quite agree with that; they really want her to be some sort of support-like character.

Quote Originally Posted by Orpheus View Post
    Lux has burst though. Burst that is screwed up by 3 skillshots and disgustingly long CDs.

I wish Riot would scrap the whole "Lux is a support!" thing and just turn her into a complete AP carry. That's how I play her anyway.
    and morg doesn't have burst?

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 366

Not really when compared to Lux.

Yeah agreeing with maarcipaans here; generally speaking yes/sort-of but in comparison to lux not really.

With Lux's passive? Nope.

McFox Sandwich Reputation: 13

I have always played lux as a carry, full cdr and fire them lazors.

Also that new hero is interesting

Quote Originally Posted by kamikze View Post
    I have always played lux as a carry, full cdr and fire them lazors.

Also that new hero is interesting
    Just played Lux and my laz0r bugged on me. I used it as I was entering a brush and it went off, as in, I could hear the sound and saw the red light, but it did no damage at all. It felt bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Orpheus View Post
    Just played Lux and my laz0r bugged on me. I used it as I was entering a brush and it went off, as in, I could hear the sound and saw the red light, but it did no damage at all. It felt bad.
    They clipped your wings ='c

This should cheer you up

Quote Originally Posted by marcipaans View Post
    Not really when compared to Lux.
    comparing base damage only here

pool needs just 3 ticks to outdamage lucent singularity, which you are guaranteed at least 3 ticks if the target is snared

morg snare does more damage than lux snare at every rank

lux ult only outdamages morg ult when proccing passive, and just barely at that

you compare ratios and morg comes out on top again. morg q is .9, w over 5 ticks is 1 (more likely to come out at 3-4 ticks, which is still .6-.8), ult is 1.4. lux q is .7, lux e is .6 and lux ult is .75

lux does come out ahead in base damage if you factor in her passive, but this is neither consistent nor realistic to include. purposely delaying a combo to get in an auto for passive between skills is not always the best idea, as is getting into aa range to proc it.

this also doesn't include possible mr reduction from pool

tl;dr lux burst is not consistent or even much more significant than morg

Pellet Eater Reputation: 15

whats up with the new champ she have like 3 ears !
    Playing GW2
    Server: Jade Quary
    Name: Spain
    Class: Guardian

The thing with Lux is her abilities have more use overall than Morgana, which is why she is better off as an offensive AP mid carry. Lux can dish out damage faster than Morgana, and while the abilities are similar there are two key differences.

Lux can burst must faster than Morgana. Her Q, E, and R all have a passive that can be used in succession and almost kill the opposing mid or deal enough to have them b away. In addition, Lux's E grants vision, something that is extremely important for team-engagements or bush checking in case a gank is coming.

While Morgana lacks in burst she has sustain compared to Lux. Lux is offensive based; Morgana sustains a lane better than Lux due to her passive, her shield, and W. If Lux screws up the burst combo, then Morgana automatically wins. Even then, Lux's CC effects have no use against a well-timed Morgana shield, which means that Lux is wide open if her Q fails to snare.

I know you're comparing base damage only at the moment, but in a Lux vs Morgana fight, I personally think Morgana would win provided that she does not over-extend and just play a long sustain mid game until either Lux dies, or mid-tower is dead for Lux. In raw damage output however, I still think Lux is able to burst faster.

Edit: I just also want to pinpoint out that I do not like having discussion about damage vs damage, because honestly that shit means nothing in LoL. Control and proper engagement in my opinion is what really matters. After that, it's loosely based on item builds and on other things like buffs, dragon, etc.
    Last edited by darkness35; 07-16-2012 at 10:53 AM.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 366

Morgana is banned in 90% of the games anyway and it's so rare to see her in games. I even bought Blackthorn skin for her but I never get to use it

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 258

I went 5/1 and 12/1 the last two games I played Morgana.
    We lost...

Arri's Animal Reputation: 116
    Australia, In the Outback, With Your Dingo's

Quote Originally Posted by color View Post
    2+2 is 4 btw
    OM NOM NOM NOM

Quote Originally Posted by darkness35 View Post
    The thing with Lux is her abilities have more use overall than Morgana, which is why she is better off as an offensive AP mid carry. Lux can dish out damage faster than Morgana, and while the abilities are similar there are two key differences.

Lux can burst must faster than Morgana. Her Q, E, and R all have a passive that can be used in succession and almost kill the opposing mid or deal enough to have them b away. In addition, Lux's E grants vision, something that is extremely important for team-engagements or bush checking in case a gank is coming.

While Morgana lacks in burst she has sustain compared to Lux. Lux is offensive based; Morgana sustains a lane better than Lux due to her passive, her shield, and W. If Lux screws up the burst combo, then Morgana automatically wins. Even then, Lux's CC effects have no use against a well-timed Morgana shield, which means that Lux is wide open if her Q fails to snare.

I know you're comparing base damage only at the moment, but in a Lux vs Morgana fight, I personally think Morgana would win provided that she does not over-extend and just play a long sustain mid game until either Lux dies, or mid-tower is dead for Lux. In raw damage output however, I still think Lux is able to burst faster.

Edit: I just also want to pinpoint out that I do not like having discussion about damage vs damage, because honestly that shit means nothing in LoL. Control and proper engagement in my opinion is what really matters. After that, it's loosely based on item builds and on other things like buffs, dragon, etc.
    morgana skills have less use than lux? she has an aoe slow/stun, a cc shield, an aoe mr debuff and the longest duration snare in the game

i'll give you that lux can burst faster than morg, but its riskier and isnt much better than morg

an example using 300 ap @ level 16 on both

a q > e > ult combo for lux is 2175 damage, thats if all the passives are procced

a q > w > ult combo for morg is , disregarding the mr reduction from pool, is 2365. even taking away a tick from pool, since it's unlikely you get an entire duration of damage off, is 2230 damage. counting pool damage at the absolute minimum of 3 ticks (since snare is 3 seconds you're guaranteed at least 3 ticks), the combo comes out to 2095 damage. with more ap, the combo only gets better for morg since she has superior ratios

for lux to come out ahead, she needs to proc every single passive, both dangerous and unlikely to occur in teamfights. and once again, this doesn't factor in the mr reduction from pool. the only things lux has over morg is her ult range and faster burst, but she doesn't have better burst in either the damage or utility department

lux is not offensive, she's a poker. morg is teamfight oriented, not defensive or sustain.

and if you want to compare control and engagements over damage, morgana just offers more than lux. she is a superior lux in almost every respect, and lux is just not a very strong pick right now

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 91

Quote Originally Posted by color View Post
    She's not human

Also, rule 34 has already invoked tentacles on Zyra

On the subject of Lux vs Morg, I'd like to point out you don't pick Morg for the burst. You pick her for the easy lane sustain, safe ability to push the lane, ability to make a ally entirely immune to CC, and the hilarious combo of hourglass and her ult. I would rather have a good Morgana then a good Lux in mid, and this is coming from someone who loves both.

There are only four real things Lux has over Morgana, and that is the range of her ult (which is purely burst while also being easier to avoid and lacks the power of Morgana's ult btw) , her Q rooting 2 targets, Singularity granting vision (which is honestly a waste unless you are absolutely sure at least one opponent is hiding in a bush) and her burst damage which is extremely risky to take full advantage of as it will likely result in your being ripped to shreds as the game progresses while Morgana can build an hour glass and take full advantage of her ult since the hourglass combo only requires her to activate her ult first.

I'd say Lux's shielding of multiple allies twice is also an advantage over Morg, but honestly that simply is not enough to compare to pure CC immunity every 15 seconds

In short, saying Lux's abilities have "more overall use" is just stupid.
    Last edited by Akeras; 07-16-2012 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cingal View Post
    Generally, if the game has characters which would put you on an FBI watchlist, you're playing an Asian game.